Eternal Lands Official Forums
bkc56

Killing Kaldoon is Kewl

On Saturday (7/19) at about, but not exactly 1:00 PM PST (9PM GMT) my alt Kaldoon shall be hiding somewhere with 10K gc on him. The first person to find and kill him gets the gc (if it doesn't drop, he'll meet you after escaping hades). Non-trivial clues will be given, and you'll need to work for the prize. PKing fellow contestants is encouraged (they can't find him if they're in hades).

New Prize: in order to encourage new players to participate, if you find Kaldoon but fail to kill him (you die), you'll still win a 5K gc prize. The 10K is reserved for the first to kill him.

The contest shall be moved if it conflicts with a MrHide invasion, or a bad #day.

Depending on success and interest, he may do more of these in the future.

Edited by bkc56

Congratulations to Bugspray on winning the contest and the 10K.

Next time I'll make it harder.

Congratulations to BloodyFist who won 5Kgc in an impromptu kill-kaldoon contest held today. Took them over 30 minutes to find him this time. :-)

Congratulations to BloodyFist who won 5Kgc in an impromptu kill-kaldoon contest held today. Took them over 30 minutes to find him this time. :-)

your fault too :bow_arrow:

next time don't give tips about the map that leads to where you are, give tips about it where you are :P

Well Kaldoon as found a couple more really "interesting" spots to hide for the next weeks. I'll announce the start times later in the week. At this point each contest will have something unique, different, tricky to help keep them fresh.

In the mean time, if anyone would like to donate any stuff for Kaldoon to carry and drop, we could make the prizes a bit more interesting (as if 10K gc isn't interesting enough). Feel free to PM me in-game if you're interested.

The next Kill-Kaldoon contest will be on Saturday (7/26) sometime between 12:00-1:00 PM PST (8-9PM GMT). As before, find him and kill him will get you a 10Kgc prize. Find him first and fail to kill him (die) earns a 5Kgc prize. He will also have a few donated prizes on him that may drop when he dies.

He is also still accepting item donations for this and future contests.

Edited by bkc56

Congratulations to Shadow who found Kaldoon and received 10Kgc plus various other drops.

More to come.

I was at my bf's and convinced him i had to log on to find Kaldoon. Bkc was so nice to keep the contest

as early as possible so i could participate and i was all ready to find him first :whistle:

I stopped training when Bkc announced that the contest would start, walked to TG because i knew a

perfect spot to hide there. In TG i walked to storage to get the 'secret' item that would lead me to

Roanoff Island, what i thought would be the perfect spot.

Then the contest started, i was ready outside storage to get there first and win the contest, but the

first clue made me think he was in the underworld. I ran back into storage, put everything in storage

and typed #suicide. Once there i checked the whole underworld, with a very bad mini-map, because

i didn't have my own minimap. Once i confinced myself he wasn't there i began to think and was

getting confinced he was indeed on Roanoff Island. I ran as fast as i could, before anyone else

could get there, stopping at VotD-storage to get my gear and the 'secret' item again.

At this time alot of people on channel said they were in TG, so i was afraid i would be to late. Arriving

at Roanoff Island i didn't see anyone, even used minimap, but it only showed Shadow to me. I recently

checked the tent, if it was 'enterable' by using the pointy finger and it wasn't, so i didn't check there.

I also thought that if Kaldoon was there, Shadow would have found him (i didn't know Shadow was

working his but off for his boss at that time) so i left and couldn't think of any other place on TG where

Kaldoon could be.

Before i could stress and run around uselessly Little fixed this problem and send me to the underworld,

right at the time Kaldoon got found by Shadow, who got the weldeserved price :P

I don't think i will ever win a contest like this, but i had a great time again, thx alot Bkc and Kaldoon :)

And congratulations to Segor who won 10Kgc in today's kill-kaldoon contest. I hope to run another on Saturday - stay tuned.

And congratulations to Segor (again) who killed Kaldoon during a game of tag and won 10Kgc plus some drops.

We will have another kill-kaldoon contest Saturday the 8th (tomorrow) at the usual time. Usual prizes. Probably a simple clue-based find-me this week.

We will have another kill-kaldoon contest Saturday the 8th (tomorrow) at the usual time. Usual prizes. Probably a simple clue-based find-me this week.

You have proved you are working too much and playing too little, look at the date of your post and the date for the event :fire:

don't worry, we understand and we will try to get kaldoon, somewhere :P

... look at the date of your post and the date for the event :bow_arrow:
Depends on your time-zone. I posted it late last night so it was correct for me. And confusing others is just part of a typical Kaldoon contest.

Congratulations to Ishan who died fighting Kaldoon, re-armed, returned, and killed him for 10K gc.

Well a Peace #day sort of took the 'kill' out of the kill-kaldoon contest, but we still did a hide-and-seek.

Congratulations to the three winners: Gambit, SyWren, and Queens who found him.

Something new next weekend.