Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Affliction

Guild Map Invasions

OK i think it would be really cool for guilds that have guild maps.

the rank 19's and GM's could spawn mini invastions on their guild maps. of course i say. no exp and no drops from monsters to get rid of potential obuse..

it would be really cool to have a contest as an invastion on your guild map.

i would also say limit the type of monsters that could be spawned for the invastions.

an alternate idea instead of giving them the power to type a command..

(saw this idea. or one similar to it in another thread)

make invasion stones.

like some one said in an earlyer thread. each stone summons about 20 of a certain monster.

you could make the stones only available at the EL shop and ONLY GM's could buy them.

make the stones where they only work on guild maps. and presto!

you have a mini invasion on your guild map. no char can exploit it for exp. BUT! i do say. if we pay for a stone we should at least get monster drops...

well i know this will probably NEVER happen.. i just wanted to put it out there. see what ppl thought.

or if you like it but have a few changes to the idea.. post that too.

I don't like the first part of your suggestion.

The second part (EL shop related) is more reasonable. Still, I am not convinced it should be ever implemented. Invasions should be something not only rare but also affecting all the server community.

That could have been abused as a free guard bot. When someone enters, you just summon some high monsters and let them do the job, thus saving $ otherwise payed for bot...

That could have been abused as a free guard bot. When someone enters, you just summon some high monsters and let them do the job, thus saving $ otherwise payed for bot...

If the invasion stones are shop bought, then it doesnt bypass the $ spent on a bot, it just means you spend the $ on the alternative.

However I do see the potential for abuse from people who make a one-day guild in order just to acquire the stones as GM's.

It'd need a lot of consideration into it to ensure it isnt able to be abused imo...

If the invasion stones are shop bought, then it doesnt bypass the $ spent on a bot, it just means you spend the $ on the alternative.

However I do see the potential for abuse from people who make a one-day guild in order just to acquire the stones as GM's.

It'd need a lot of consideration into it to ensure it isnt able to be abused imo...

Well they couldnt just make a 1 day guild and buy the stones..

you must have your own guild map to do this.

and like i said. you can limit the monsters you can summon.. like.. no dragons or whatever.

also.. you probably could put a time limit on the summons?? so they disapear after a certain time limit.. or at least start taking damage like a normal summon after a certain time.?

i think with those limitations there is very little chance for abuse.

only fun.

Hmmm too easy to abuse...

Create a guild, buy the stones.

Now simply enter someone else's guild map and then use them - one dead guard bot.

Not good!

Now simply enter someone else's guild map and then use them - one dead guard bot.

Not good!

Well, a player with 200/200 a/d and all capped attributes would have a combat level in the 400s. He should be able to take any monster in the game. A bot with 504/504 p/c, 3/3 a/d, and all other attributes 4, the lowest possible blessing, iirc, has a combat level in the 800s, so i think it wouldn't be a problem :D

Not good!

bots dont get attacked by invasion monsters.. these monsters wouldnt act as summons.. they would act as invasion monsters...( i just hope your guard bot doesnt attack invasion monsters. and if it does im sure it should kill them )

was suggested by me before.

search

but i like the idea

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=436025

umm hate to burst your bubble but that link is not to what im suggesting.. its actually nothing like what im suggesting..

im suggesting this for fun. you get no exp so no use for training . only contests and events with your guild..

only possible think i could see. is that if you pay for the stones .. should you get drops or not.. it wouldnt matter to me if we didnt. personally i say no exp and no drops from monsters..(yet players still drop) if thats possible.

that way no abuse.

Why not just buy a load of summon stones for holding these events and contests, and save a crapload of developer time on coding/testing?

Yes I know theres the "buy only from EL shop" idea to increase radu's bricks but still...

Why not just buy a load of summon stones for holding these events and contests, and save a crapload of developer time on coding/testing?

Yes I know theres the "buy only from EL shop" idea to increase radu's bricks but still...

Have to agree with this opinion. It's all about common sense:/

Not good!

Well, a player with 200/200 a/d and all capped attributes would have a combat level in the 400s. He should be able to take any monster in the game. A bot with 504/504 p/c, 3/3 a/d, and all other attributes 4, the lowest possible blessing, iirc, has a combat level in the 800s, so i think it wouldn't be a problem :devlish:

I think you're missing the point =P

(and this is very abusable I believe, guild maps aren't 'technically' linked to guilds anyway, are they?)

#edit: meaning: when a guild map is implemented, theres nothing in the coding that links it to a specific guild, correct?

Edited by Shujral

#edit: meaning: when a guild map is implemented, theres nothing in the coding that links it to a specific guild, correct?

As far as I know - correct.