Eternal Lands Official Forums
Doc_Savage

Possible NPC for pk server

As we all have discovered, enriched essence and stones have been very hard to come by. Many different items use these items, primarily I believe, as an item sink on the main server. Molds and other items have no use on this server because it is too expensive to risk enriched essence and stones on items that aren't guaranteed to last for more than a couple hundred uses. Since it would be too difficult to change the formulas on this server, I would like to suggest an npc that sells some of these molds and items that contain many of the enriched essence and stone.

My main qualm is with the arrow/bolt head mold. To create one, which is necessary to make any arrow with the engineering skill, it takes 1 wolf bar, 1 efe and 1 ewe. It is ridiculous to risk that many precious items on an object that could break after a dozen uses. Since gc is easier to make on this server, I would much rather buy a mold at some cost rather than spend these rare items to make the mold that need to be used on other things.

This is just one of the many tools and items that are an unbelievably high cost for this server. If people can post other items they would like for this npc and/or whether they even like this idea I would appreciate it.

Doc

I agree. I think there are a number of useful items people on the PK server would use, but simply can't afford to risk rare ingredients on.

Personally, I'd like to see a reasonably priced invasion meter from an NPC. It would be very useful there given the MrHide invasions, hide-and-seek placements, and GIWS invasions. But not with a 1/10 chance of wasting an enriched essence. But at 1K-2K I think several people would pick them up so we could locate critters faster.

I made this suggestion a while back about Vial molds. I like the idea and hope something is done about it. :)

I also just thought about the alembic being sold at this npc. Thankfully we have mercury in kf so it is not the most important tool but it still could be considered. I am sure there are several people on this server who would eat the money for the alch exp that mercury gives.......so many tools unused, would be wonderful to have this npc.

Doc

i agree

we need stuff like vial mold/arrow/bolt head mold (and some other stuff like alembic/invasionmeter/night visor) without loseing our enriched essences

if you guys can set up an npc to sell this stuff for 5-10kgc that would be much appriciated

I believe it should be decided if such and NPC should sell Enriched Essences or Tools but not both.

I think I would vote for tools. That way the Enriched Essences would still be rare and valuable.

I believe it should be decided if such and NPC should sell Enriched Essences or Tools but not both.

I think I would vote for tools. That way the Enriched Essences would still be rare and valuable.

Yeah, I think that too. ;)

#Edit - So it's: Arrow/Bolt Head Mold, Vial Mold, and Alembic.

#Edit - It also seems we need a Server update, to be able to harvest yew, and some other bits. But this isn't a big problem. ;)

Edited by Liquid

Personally (as I said above) I'd like to see Invasion Meters on the list too. Not exactly a tool, but it would be used a lot if the cost was appropriate for a 1/10 break rate.

I agree for every in game stuff to be sold on the PK server for a high price from NPC's.

The community there isnt that big that they can make, for example, 5 EFE per day.

So buying such stuff from an NPC is a nice money sink, but with at least the chance that players there could get at least such items.

Just my 2 euro cents ;)

Piper

Personally (as I said above) I'd like to see Invasion Meters on the list too. Not exactly a tool, but it would be used a lot if the cost was appropriate for a 1/10 break rate.

Ah yes, I see.

Night Visor's would be nice too. :D

I fully agree with what players are saying above

Enriched ess are very rare here and because of this their value is much higher than on main

its the same with stones

I can make wolf bars but at the moment will buy them from NPC because i would rather pay 17kgc than use one of my serp stones becaus there are not that many in game

Its the same with the enriched ess

So if ent and the admin department can have a good look at this post

and make these molds buyable from an NPC it would be great

Handy Thor

Well there is an NPC in-game already, use the NPC who sells Vials on C2 (I forgot the name.) Just make it so they can sell the molds, 7500gc each or something. And add the Night Visor to the NPC who sells Bone of Death, and Magic Items.

:D

Well there is an NPC in-game already, use the NPC who sells Vials on C2 (I forgot the name.) Just make it so they can sell the molds, 7500gc each or something. And add the Night Visor to the NPC who sells Bone of Death, and Magic Items.

:laugh:

that would probably cause problems with the updates of the main and PK Servers.

If there is the possibility of implementing 1 NPC to sell the items it would probably help to be 1 that only exists on the PK Server. the same way great swords/armor NPCs only exist on main server

I disagree, if you want to make mercury or vials or w/e then use one of your EFE to make the tool, otherwise you can just buy the finished product. Sure if only the tools get sold I won’t bitch too much but someone said that enriched essences should be sold and that is just completely wrong, hello they’re supposed to be rare. About not using serp-stones for making wolf-bars, yea I get that completely and for me that just shows that wolf-bars shouldn’t be sold by npc. That way if you want a wolf-bar you use one of your serp-stones, don’t come and say that they don’t exist.

How are we ever going to establish a market on this server if no one can afford the tools to create the product? There is no way I would ever risk 1 wolf bar, 1 EFE and 1 EWE for an arrow/bolt mold that could only lasts 20 uses. I would much rather pay 7k gc for that mold and take the chance of it breaking rather than being forced to use not just 1 rare item but 3. These tools were created as an item sink for the main server. We don't have that problem on the pk server. An npc that sells the tools will do two things.

1. create a market that is not there on the pk server as of now.

-there are many rangers and other skills that would love to buy from another player if they had the tools to make the items that they need.

2. create a money sink rather than an item sink

-I don't particularly think we need a sink at all on either server but I am in total agreement that there is no use for an item sink on the pk server. There just aren't enough people playing to produce the amount of rare items.

I don't agree with enriched essence being sold on this server either and this is not what this npc is going to do. Rather, it is going to allow for the skills that Entropy has worked so hard at creating to be completed.

Doc

Of course you much rather pay 7kgc than using 1 wolf bar, 1 EFE and 1 EWE (2 are rare, wolf bars are buyable from npc for hmm is it 15k?). If it should be sold it should at least be for some money not given away.

I am not arguing for the set price of a tool right now, just the tool itself. Entropy will figure out a fair price for each tool individually AFTER we discuss and decide on the possibility of the npc in general. I and the other players who agree with me are simply asking for a discussion on the possibility of a new npc and what it could carry, not how much it will cost.

Doc

I talked with Radu in-game (on main) today and asked him his thoughts on this thread. He said he would not create such an NPC. I did not ask why wanting to bother him as little as I could (and having a couple other topics). So I guess we'll just workout those tools and items that use to many rare ingredients.

I talked with Radu in-game (on main) today and asked him his thoughts on this thread. He said he would not create such an NPC. I did not ask why wanting to bother him as little as I could (and having a couple other topics). So I guess we'll just workout those tools and items that use to many rare ingredients.

Keep in mind that ANY difference on the PK server is a LOT more work and a risk that it could get into the live server. The only things I expect he would put in are those things that are critical for any functionality. Now, if there were several hundred people playing on that server at one time regularly, then he might change his mind about the risks.

Problem is that, if we had several hundred people on this server, we wouldn't need this npc to sell tools that require rare items. We are running into a wall over here where there are so few rare stones being found because there are so few people. When a rare stone is found, if it is not a rostogol (I think yaser found his 5th today) no one is crazy enough to use it on a tool that could possibly break in 10 uses.

Invasionmeters are a great example. Lots of people have made EMEs because of magic training. I still can't sell an invasionmeter for the life of me with the loads of EMEs on this server because no one wants to risk a 1/10 break...very similar to tools. With a few hundred people on this server we would no longer have any use for an npc because there would be a lot more rare stones found.

I am not a programming but I can understand how difficult it would to keep several versions of a single game under control. I just saw that yous guys had the ability to pull the NPCs from here that sold the great armor so I assumed that you could do a tool npc as well. Thanks so much for your time and looking at this post though.

Doc

Simple solution:

This NPC can be on both servers.

When he sells stuff for very high price, manuers can and will always make better prices, so noone will buy from NPC.

And on the PK server, money shouldnt be the problem, so we can pay high prices.

So one NPC on both server and everybody should be happy :medieval:

Piper

Great idea, pip. The prices need to be high enough on the pk server where it is not a complete gimme anyway. I highly doubt that people on the other server would pay to buy the tools. Even if they do choose to buy them, the amount of money that would be taken out of the game would probably more than make up for the stones that weren't used.

Doc

Simple solution:

This NPC can be on both servers.

When he sells stuff for very high price, manuers can and will always make better prices, so noone will buy from NPC.

We have the good example for CoL (100kgc) and CoM (90kgc) from NPC, they are in both servers. On main no one buys from the NPC anymore here we have to buy them from there.

Very nicely put out Piper