Eternal Lands Official Forums
guinevereanne

Object goes missing from storage

Disclaimer:

1) First of all I understand that this will sound like I'm trying to pull a scam or something stupid like that.

2) I can assure you that I was not drunk or on drugs (a freind advised me if I tried to report this toa mod or on the forum I would be accused of being drunk). And while I am 21, I haven't been drunk ever and the last time I had any alchohol with was July 4th at a wedding (it was very "patriotic" and the bubbles made me sneeze). The only drugs I'm on are anti-depressants to keep me from wanting to curl up into a ball and die.

Ingame I did speak with a mod, and was told that they don't remember the last time anything went missing from storage, and they did offer that perhaps I should post here.

Problem or Bug:

Most basically I died and asked an ally to go save my db, unfortuantly they died as well asn pm'd me back asking where I was. At that time I did not understand they had died (they did not come out and say they'd died). When I got into glacmore sewer I grabbed their db, and realized that it was theres based upon the comment they ad just made about loosing their COL, as well as mine.

I went to storage and put my stuff in, grabbing out what I thought I would need for some nice orc slaying while I waited for them to get back. Now, I took my COL out of stroage and put it on. After all, restore had failed and I'd died without one, so it stood to reason I should wear one while magic was on the fritz.

When I was back training they pm'd me saying they'd be a bit, iscalrith was killing them with cold damage. So I went and put all of their stuff into storage, all 156 cooked meat, 1 fire ess and the COL. I still ahd my COL on.

When they got to storage I went up and traded with them. The meat and fire ess were in my storage, however I could not find the COL. Yes, I looked under armor. And then I proceded to look through every category in storage several times. I also did the #sto command and looked that way. I still couldn't find it. And no, the COL was not still in my inventory. Only health ess, srs, a dis ring and some bones and misc orc drops were in my inventory.

I aborted the trade, took off my col and traded again giving them my COL. After which I proceded to flip out to my freinds, walk through the whole incendent twice with a freind, look through storage multiple times (read a heck of alot), and log on and off enough for buddies to think I was grueing like h*ll.

I am not asking for a new COL, nor do I expect to receive one. Infact this incident has just shown me what great freinds I have, as through their help I was able to gather the ingredience for a new COL, which was graciously made madea wonderful person.

Now, onto the reason I logged on and off so often:

Perviously after a long break from EL (college life can be killer) when I came back I was informed about Leo and his C2 appreceation.

So, I stored my COM and proceded to harvest flowers in pv. Of course rather then Leo, Mn decided I needed to die and graciously helped me with that. I had forgotten I had put the COM into storage so a freind ran to my rescue and saved the db. When I learned they didn't have it (when I finally got to them, C2 hell is just that!) I scoured storage and felt terrible. But I did not freak out, it had been my own fault that I had lost it (I assumed that someone had grabbed the COM, althought I didn't know why they left the gc or the exc cape). The next time I logged into EL and suited up to collect bones I wsa overjoyed and incredibly surprised to find the COM right where it should be under armor.

Because of the sudden apapreaence of the missing COM I had hoped that logging on and off would bring it back into being, and as yet this has not happened. (This is the second day since the COL disapeared).

Now, I do conced that I may not have looked under armor when looking for the COM, as I honestly thought I had been wearing it. At the same time I distincltly remember going through every single part of my storage.

As for the COL, I have methodically gone through every part of storage. I have logged on and off. And I have gone through the whole incident step by step with people.

I know that I did not give the person who'd db I saved two COL's. I was wearing my COL, and the other COL had been put into storage. Even if it had still been in my inventory I looked there and again, there was only what I stated. In addition you can only wear one COL at a time so I don't see how I could have taken one COL off and given them two.

I am not trying to get a free COL, and I do not expect one. I do expect people to tell me that I am lying, scamming or something of that sort.

However as far as I can tell this has really happened to me. And perhaps it has only happened to me, in which case thats life. However if its happened to other people then it is a problem which should be delt with.

And no, as far as I know I am not missing anything else out of my storage. However I don't pay the closest attention to things that aren't worth 60kgc. So I could very well have lost odds and ends from storage. whic hI would never know about or really care about.

So thank you for reading, and I do hope you understand what happened. If you can give me any help or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!

Guinevereanne

Short version:

She had two CoL's, one she was wearing and another she had in inv. She put one in sto, together with other things she found on a DB. She waited for the owner of the DB to come back. She traded the guy, but the CoL wasn't in sto anymore. So she took out the one she was wearing and gave it to the DB owner, but couldn't find the CoL that was in sto.

It has also happened before, when she put a CoM on storage and it wasn't there when she looked for it later. She logged off and on again and the CoM was back in sto.

Mon Jul 7 07:18:47 2008 guinevereanne withdrew 1 Crown of Life

Mon Jul 7 20:48:31 2008 guinevereanne deposited 1 Crown of Life

Mon Jul 7 22:00:34 2008 guinevereanne withdrew 1 Crown of Life

Tue Jul 8 18:00:00 2008 guinevereanne deposited 1 Crown of Life

Wed Jul 9 02:05:11 2008 guinevereanne withdrew 1 Crown of Life

Wed Jul 9 02:36:08 2008 guinevereanne deposited 1 Crown of Life

Sat Jul 12 05:31:51 2008 guinevereanne withdrew 1 Crown of Life

Sat Jul 12 07:49:41 2008 guinevereanne deposited 1 Crown of Life

Sun Jul 13 05:05:57 2008 guinevereanne withdrew 1 Crown of Life

Sun Jul 13 09:56:14 2008 guinevereanne deposited 1 Crown of Life

Mon Jul 14 07:05:40 2008 Guinevereanne withdrew 1 Crown of Life

Mon Jul 14 07:18:36 2008 Guinevereanne deposited 1 Crown of Life

Mon Jul 14 08:09:53 2008 Guinevereanne withdrew 1 Crown of Life

Mon Jul 14 22:30:36 2008 guinevereanne deposited 1 Crown of Life

Tue Jul 15 02:19:58 2008 guinevereanne withdrew 1 Crown of Life

Tue Jul 15 02:52:15 2008 guinevereanne deposited 1 Crown of Life

Tue Jul 15 06:00:00 2008 guinevereanne withdrew 1 Crown of Life

Thu Jul 17 21:09:56 2008 guinevereanne deposited 1 Crown of Life

Yes, because I never put two col's into storage at one time.

But looking at the above log's I don't see any times that are clsoe enough. So I must have made a mistake somewhere.

I am sorry to ahve wasted your time.

It totally doesn't matter how many you put at one time. What matters is that you got as many as you put. I hate when people post here that they are missing items from their storage then they remember that they misplaced it. There is no such bug as "items dissapearing from storage".