Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chosen

PK Suggestions Thread.

PK Suggestions Thread.

Since there have been alot of threads going around recently about PK, I thought it might be time to make one big thread, and post most of the suggestions here.

• Removing alot of the PK Maps.
  • Creating an Arena/Map where the fights are based on CL (Combat Level.)
  • Changes to TD map.
  • Changes to the Magic Armours / Weapons. (JS of Cooling, etc.)
  • Changes to #PKi
  • Cheaper Rostogol Stones

Now what I'll try and do is keep this first post updated, with the other suggestions posted here. I think these are the main suggestions so far, so I could turn this into a Poll, see which idea's you like most. :whistle:

#Edit - Posted topic too soon, so had to edit alot of stuff.

Edited by Liquid

Harvesters can make money while harvesting in safety. They may even get lucky and find a rare stone.

While training players get exp and drops. Alchers, crafters and blacksmithers can make money too.

PK=waste of essences, pots,capes, rostos+degraded items.

As long as pk doesn't offer something really good like other skills do, nothing will change.

Sorry to say but fun is not enough.

Harvesters can make money while harvesting in safety. They may even get lucky and find a rare stone.

While training players get exp and drops. Alchers, crafters and blacksmithers can make money too.

PK=waste of essences, pots,capes, rostos+degraded items.

As long as pk doesn't offer something really good like other skills do, nothing will change.

Sorry to say but fun is not enough.

i fully agree here. the pki was a nice try to encourage people at least for some time. but since there

is no real goal behind it except some rank on a page and an raising ego.. its pretty useless.

I'd like to see an Arena in Portland, for 80-90 a/d players, like the one in KJ, but on C1, not C2. :whistle:

Added the rosto thing to the list.

dont forget cheaper rostos :whistle:

As opposed to cheaper rostos, I would like to see perhaps a map where you do not drop equipped items, but do stand to lose your unequipped stuff. Rost could protect your unequipped items.(so if u carried 3 different weapons and capes with u, your covered). Then we wouldn't need a damn rost everytime we went onto a map, ppl might die because they weren't stocked up to their chin, WE WOULD ACTUALLY GET DROPS ( and essies/srs/summon stones are nothing to sneeze at) and a few more ppl might give it a try cause the cost of dying would prolly be less than a rost.

I had an idea the other night after a few beer.

and it may make sense, and it may not...I will try to explain

Place a resorce on a PK map like dvarium ore (or another not in game yet) have this as the only place this ore exists.

Have a high level mob on this map..yeti or higher...or a brand new monster

Have this mob drop a tool that is needed to harvest this ore.. the tool should poof from inventory if taken from the map

Also the ore will also poof if taken from map so the bars must be mixed on site.

These bars should be required for the new wepons/armors etc coming into game

recommend harvest level 100, alch level 110. WOuld require a lot of team work, and a lot of effort to gather this resorce making it very valuable. Making team work nesecary and a lot of people trying to get these bars?

Crazy Idea I guess. But was a thought I had.

Place a resorce on a PK map like dvarium ore (or another not in game yet) have this as the only place this ore exists.

Have this mob drop a tool that is needed to harvest this ore.. the tool should poof from inventory if taken from the map

Also the ore will also poof if taken from map so the bars must be mixed on site.

recommend harvest level 100, alch level 110. WOuld require a lot of team work, and a lot of effort to gather this resorce making it very valuable. Making team work nesecary and a lot of people trying to get these bars?

I pretty much like this ideea, but instead of high lvls i would put on middle lvls like 70 80 for harv and alch, but would require high nexus like inorganic 8-9 and for alching like magic nexus 8-9, just to be sure that one man cant get everything!

a suggestion i think would be nice is see other peoples combat level when u press the eye thing on the person so

You see: Somebody, Combat level: 123.25

I already suggested this in other thread but let's post it here too:

I was just thinking, that if u would get and lose pk points just from +/- 20 a/d from your lvl. So players wouldn't need to fear getting pwned by high lvl players who kills u easily and u lose pki because of that. Still there would be enough peeps that u can kill and get some pki. I believe that would make peeps going pk more.

I was lazy to write so just copied that from that other thread :devlish:

maybe for special swords like the jsoc maybe change the ability so they can do something magical like the flame of death.

It would use up some mana points.

ex:

Cutlass of air: All that stuff, accuracy, criticals, etc.....Also has the power to make a power wave of air. Costs 50 mana

Edited by daiske1

This could be sweet :devlish:

This could be sweet :devlish:

I would just hope that not every one creates ally with everyone else

A crazy idea that might work.

"Random Pk events."

Something like random harvesting events.

While pking player x was blessed with 1000 magic exp or 3000 attacking exp etc.

Player Y while pking found 10 hes and 3 damage rings in his inventory.

Player X is hunting rabbits in the Elysian fields but a serpent stone or 1 rop was added in his inventory.

All the above thing are just some examples. There should be also a rare chance for pker's to be rewarded with something really rare and expensive that non pker's need.

The general idea is to reward people that risk their equipment.

Edited by agis29

A crazy idea that might work.

"Random Pk events."

Something like random harvesting events.

While pking player x was blessed with 1000 magic exp or 3000 attacking exp etc.

Player Y while pking found 10 hes and 3 damage rings in his inventory.

Player X is hunting rabbits in the Elysian fields but a serpent stone or 1 rop was added in his inventory.

All the above thing are just some examples. There should be also a rare chance for pker's to be rewarded with something really rare and expensive that non pker's need.

The general idea is to reward people that risk their equipment.

This seems like it would have a huge potential for abuse, to me. Player1 and player2 could trade off killing one another all day long, both get lots of free st00f.

Not at all. They may pk for the whole day and get only 10 he's or even nothing.

Or they may die from other players. Of course some pk areas should be removed so that people would know where to search.

And the chances to get something really nice should be rare.

My opinion is that pk should offer the same things with training.

By reducing the prices of Rostogol Stones and making pk cheaper is a nice idea.

But the only thing that will change is that players that allready pk will pk a bit more often.

To attract non pker's, rewards are needed. (items, gc, exp, stones or whatever).

To prevent abuse completely Pk events should be connected with the losses of rostogol stones.

But lets say that players are capable to abuse the system.

So?

Someothers will try to do the same and they will end up killing each other...

Edited by agis29

Or they may die from other players. Of course some pk areas should be removed so that people would know where to search.

But the only thing that will change is that players that allready pk will pk a bit more often.

To attract non pker's, rewards are needed. (items, gc, exp, stones or whatever).

To prevent abuse completely Pk events should be connected with the losses of rostogol stones.

So?

Guild maps!

So?

Guild maps!

3-4 maps maximum. Guild maps have nothing to do with this.