Eternal Lands Official Forums
Tempest

PK suggestions- read it ent.

probably for you it's good now, if you were still having 110+ accounts you would be against it i think. you won't be able to pk anyone higher than you, or anyone lower 15CL lower than you. (which is only 16 coord or so.)

And make NC PK cave the no rosto/whatever. :whistle:

too close to storage, easy peasy for mixers to mix without cooldown!

yeh and what would that mean? mixers go there to mix, pkers come there to kill them, mixers get guildies as backup = let the huge pk massacre begin.

ffs thats the point of it.

you dont understand me, they will abuse that 5 sec time when they enter the area and they will eat with no cooldown and step outside to safe area and mix mix mix, than in again, and out , and so on. So no pk only a big crowdness at both entrace to that pk place.

I LOVE the oldschool map! No rostos! You wanna hang in TD, get yourself a pair made of granite, don your dragon set and whatever tit glowing magic flame frozen serpent orc killer of destruction you like, let out a barbaric yawp (RAWR!) and go threaten anything that moves.

I'd spend a lot more time in TD if the bagspawns were sometimes AwsuM. Oh, look, a rare stone spawn! Make sometimes rarely, but enough to attract fresh meat deep into TD.

See you there! with my ehanced wooden shield and a bone! I'll be the dwarf grabbing pots, cash, fruit and HE's, shamelessly and fearlessly!

Bring it!

Also, this thread got a little hijacked into a geeky 'how many points of a/d = +1 coord or some lame junk like that. You know how you tell which is better?

don your dragon set and whatever tit glowing magic flame frozen serpent orc killer of destruction you like, let out a barbaric yawp (RAWR!) and go threaten anything that moves.
lol

EDIT: BTW I earned 8000 exp while writing this post. :devlish:

And make NC PK cave the no rosto/whatever. :)

yeh and what would that mean? mixers go there to mix, pkers come there to kill them, mixers get guildies as backup = let the huge pk massacre begin.

you dont understand me, they will abuse that 5 sec time when they enter the area and they will eat with no cooldown and step outside to safe area and mix mix mix, than in again, and out , and so on. So no pk only a big crowdness at both entrace to that pk place.

Pretty hard to abuse that lack of cooldown when your a/d 10/10 p/c 4/4 hiney gets smacked by the alert PK'er the second you step foot in the zone.

Course, I know there's some mixers out there who can lay the smackdown, but you'll recognize them as the ones seated in the middle of the arena, mixing, with a great big case of 'come over here and call me a weak mixer'. Go get'em tiger!

Edited by Elveron

With rosto @ 17kgc, I still strongly believe the "fair fights" issue is the key factor.

I do understand and agree with the concerns of people making 'Arena chars' and never leveling any further.

We all know these 'Arena chars' are made by experienced PK'ers and make those arenas completely unusable as safe-ish PK training grounds for lower a/d players who are new to PK.

Had there been arenas all the way up the a/d scale in good locations (preferably right near each other) from day one maybe these 'Arena chars' wouldn't exist... but they do.

So:

• Remove all the 'old-school' effects on TD and make it so you can only attack players +/- 15 CL.
  • Remove all level limited arenas.

IMO, they really are the 2 things that would seriously vitalise EL PK, much more than anything else that could be done considering the current situation... barring perhaps making rostos cheaper.

Conavar: Edit: Be nice to know just for the record, how many Players wanted a new 60/60 arena in DP

:)

[i don't mean to poke at you korrode, but since I was an opponent of this idea

I couldn't hold back, I have the memory of an elephant :P]

I searched for "limit arena" and couldn't find this suggested previously...

Simple suggestion, as the topic title says: More level limited PK arenas or maps.

[snipped]

"We all know these 'Arena chars' are made by experienced PK'ers and make those arenas completely unusable as safe-ish PK"

But but but but, :whistle:

lol, stop and think about it for a minute.

If we have a 40 a/d arena, a 60 a/d arena and a 90 a/d arena, that are all in good locations, it will reduce the amount of "negged out DP arena alts" being used. If people can continue to train past 58 a/d and always have somewhere to fight, that they know they wont just get stomped by someone way stronger than them, there will be less DP alts. People will use their mains, because their mains wont just be getting stomped in PK anymore.

It took a year-ish, I'm glad you now see the 'arena char' issue. :P

[snipped]

Of course whats funny is, some map maker just spent the time to add an arena to DP and Radu spent the time to set it at 60 a/d... even if the ideas in this thread are brilliant, the chances of them getting implemented are extremely low just because no one ever wants to throw out the work they've just done...

...can still hope though... and can still bump this thread every 2 months :)

Wait hold the phone:

All opposition to my suggestion so far has been rooted strongly in opinion.

Whether people like it or not, the 40 a/d DP arena has been a great success. Alot more fights take place at that arena than before it was level limited.

I think the key to the Naralik arena's failure is location.

[snipped]

I dont see how implementing this could possibly hurt EL. It should at least be trailed.

It just got moved. 60ad level limit near DPa :devlish:

"just try it...change it back" doesn't work because "no one ever wants to throw out the work they've just done..."

I not sure if Radu and the 'some map makers' enjoy waffles like I do :pinch:

Ok breakfast is over, on topic. :P

-----------------------

I agree again there need sto be pk area consolidation, and maybe a system in a map that

could ensure a degree of 'balance' in a pk 'duel'\'team' battles. I am worried about the system that won't

allow a much weaker char to 'have a go" at a stronger guy for fun. It why I like the 'duel' thing and maybe it could

be extended into group duels. (I know this is really 'total war', perhaps a revamp of that system )

I haven't contradicted myself.

Situations change, and must be re-assessed often.

Read my posts word-for-word, and not just for what you want them to say.

Had there been arenas all the way up the a/d scale in good locations (preferably right near each other) from day one maybe these 'Arena chars' wouldn't exist... but they do.

The 60 a/d arena in DP will be well used.

PK city existing from day one would've decreased 'Arena chars' greatly... and would still work well if implemented now.

+/- 15 CL PK map is just the evolution of what i've been trying to see implemented for a long time, and probably the pinnacle of the idea development.

EDIT:

"just try it...change it back" doesn't work because "no one ever wants to throw out the work they've just done..."

Not wanting to throw out just done work doesn't make it for the best that you don't.

Edited by Korrode

This thread IMO should try to focus on just one thing not two. I think the first and most important thing that needs to be done is to limit the PK areas in Seridia. Tempest said that the C2 areas don't really effect PK in general because most PK takes place in Seridia. Okay, let's run with that.

We remove ALL of the PK areas in Seridia except for TD, KF, WSA, and NA. TD stays old school at least for the time being. KF becomes the main focus of high level PK. WSA could be a capped 60s arena if no CL stuff is implemented at the same time. NA would be uncapped and multicombat. Want a safe place to PK one on one in Seridia? Go sneak into TD and find a spot that isn't inhabited by monsters that can kill you.

There are already guild maps all over Seridia for PK anyway you like it so why not do just the basic stuff mentioned in my second paragraph. We start out just squeezing PKers together. There are places to PK in Irilion that don't have monsters including a few very spread out arenas. No one looses anything if we start out with just this except the 40s arena would disappear. Unless TS stops working in arenas having the 40s arena disappear doesn't make a difference. Change WSA to 40s if you like instead of 60s. Any way you cut it this would effect the fewest players in a negative way.

When that gets done then we move on to the next step if the first step works as planned. If it is easier to change Irilion at the same time then you can change it so that only Imbroglio near hydro, Thelinor and Hulda are PK except secrets. If not then leave it be since most PK is in Seridia anyway.

Tirun

Entropy removing DPA is not the core of the suggestion. Switch out DPA for the White Stone Arena and possibly Nordcarn too since you have two arenas in Desert Pines now. Just KF, TD and the two DPAs. The only addition I have is making TD the combat level limit area or leave it and change Nordcarn PK cave to combat level limited. It still removes all of the places but 4 for PK in Seridia and the NC cave would add a 5th but there would still be a lot fewer places to PK.

There would not only be fewer places to PK but you would have 5 different styles of PK available in the game. That is a lot more strategic and tactical than what we have now. Regular PK in KF, old school in TD, 40s in one DPA and 60s in the other DPA, and add to that the combat level limited Nordcarn PK cave and you have a huge number of ways to PK and ways for players to climb up the PK ladder with and without level limited arenas if they choose.

Please consider this idea with DPA in place. I think it would really be awesome. I would love to start PKing in the Nordcarn cave while I harvest iron. I already wander into TD whenever I am in Seridia and eventually I will be able to walk into KF without getting pawned instantly too. This will happen much faster if there are more options available to me.

What applies to me applies to everyone. Give PK a chance by giving players choices. What can it hurt to try it with DPAs in place?

Tirun

Edited by TirunCollimdus

And make NC PK cave the no rosto/whatever. :laugh:

Have you ever actually tried to do this in TD? It doesn't go as quickly as you'd suspect, and theres a lot of hauling involved.

And in general, I don't think removing DPA will do much. The problem with PK isn't really a lack of pkers, its a lack of motivation among existing PKers. People who want to train to 100+ a/d plus won't stop at DP. Those who won't probably never will, regardless of the existence of a 40/40(55/55) arena.

Edited by Shujral

Some suggestions in the thread are pretty interesting.

But what is PK? PK is fun but also a waste of rostos, armor,weapons, essences, summoning stones, pots.

So its fun for only a few people. Maybe with some changes players that already pk will pk a bit more often but thats all.

1 year ago the economy was different. Yetis were weaker and they had better drops like titanium plates.

Players didn't save money to buy pps. So they could waste some gc to pk a bit.

So no matter what you suggest here nothing will change because at the moment pk doesn't offer something.

And for a harvester, an alcher fun is not to waste gc.

If players don't have motives to pk (experience, gc, drops, rewards) nothing will change no matter what you suggest here.

DP arena was successful because high level and experienced players were pking against newbies that were entering the arena with expensive equipment but without a rosto.

To attract a non pker, pk should benefit him more than training, alchemy, crafting, blacksmithing, ranging etc.

Have you ever actually tried to do this in TD? It doesn't go as quickly as you'd suspect, and theres a lot of hauling involved.

have you ever actually thought about NC cave being much closer to stor than TD?