Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PaulB

Your opinion on Desert Pines arena

Do you think DP arena would be better suited for a no-drop arena?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would making DPA a no-drop arena make PK more popular?

• Yes because being new to the game I fear loosing my items and turned off from PK for good!
    • I think that it would make PK more popular.
    • I like DPA just the way it is and want all the low level noobs to loose their 2 month project! >:

So look. PK can seem dead at a lot of times. This issue has been brought up a THOUSAND times I know. But where does the real solution lie?...

I think that Desert Pines arena was a lot of fun ~40s but I did not get to play much there because if you didn't have a huge OA and, at the time, a really high coord.

But one thing I can say was that on NDD DPA would be PACKED all day. Lots of PK action. It seemed to be that PK became more appealing to new players on that day.

So I propose this..

Do you think that by making DPA a no-drop arena would it make PK more enjoyable and encourage the lower lvls to want to train a/d more?

Leave a comment.

Bad idea imo.. making dp full time no drop would have the opposite effect, even less ppl would train to leave it ...

Bad idea imo.. making dp full time no drop would have the opposite effect, even less ppl would train to leave it ...

So how to encourage lower lvls to pk more? Idea maybe..

So how to encourage lower lvls to pk more? Idea maybe..

Remove TS and make Dpa an old school pk map.. no armour over leather, no sword over tit long etc...

I was assuming that if you make DPA a no drop arena, you also make it unlimited levels.

In that case, I think it would be good. You could balance the no drop with say a higher

break rate, a fee to get in that players could win, a reduced XPs, or some other idea.

But it would make me PK more, because I would not have to find a rosto for PK to keep

from loosing 500K + of items.

I like your idea Conavar good concept.

And Fourier.. Are you saying take the 40/40 requirement out of the mix by "unlimited lvls"?

Have you taken into consideration the new 60/60 DP arena that is literally a few steps away from the other DP arena?

Have you taken into consideration the new 60/60 DP arena that is literally a few steps away from the other DP arena?

For ???? :)

doesnt really appeal to new player does it ?

"I like DPA just the way it is and want all the low level noobs to loose their 2 month project! >:"

I took that option as "and have low level noobs grow out of the limits and move on elsewhere"

"I like DPA just the way it is and want all the low level noobs to loose their 2 month project! >:"

I took that option as "and have low level noobs grow out of the limits and move on elsewhere"

No that statment just meant that they worked so hard to get a iron set or steel set for months only to loose in 2 minutes or less at dpa and get turned off from PK before they can even enjoy it to start.

*EDIT* I know there are rostogols but a full iron set is only just a tiny bit more than a rosto to begin with.

Edited by Paul Brown

Or Ts down for one arena and pot up for the other, and cant really call some of the dpa chars n00bs, Saints char wasnt and could quite possible own both arena's . which doesnt encourage low levels to get into PK which is what Pauls topic is about

One thing I don't understand with the level limited arenas is why a higher level player can be attacked in one. Right now, DPA is often filled with 80+ a/d ppl just waiting for someone to attack them so they can own them. The few times I've gone only a couple people out of the whole crowd are actually able to attack.

Would changing the level arenas to only allow a fight when both parties are below the level limit help, or has that previously been suggested and shot down?

One thing I don't understand with the level limited arenas is why a higher level player can be attacked in one. Right now, DPA is often filled with 80+ a/d ppl just waiting for someone to attack them so they can own them.

Why not?

and if u notice u kill pk in NC/KF some more with this can you please think about removing those arenas? :>

A limit on attacking people a certain level under you, at least on some maps, might get more people to do it. Why would a lower level player want to run into a pk area just to get killed in 20 seconds by someone 50 combat levels over them? There's no point; it isn't fun. You'll get more enjoyment out of killing monsters...

Could you create a "kusamura like" arena in more populated areas, like NC or VOTD graveyard? that would be interesting...

A limit on attacking people a certain level under you, at least on some maps, might get more people to do it. Why would a lower level player want to run into a pk area just to get killed in 20 seconds by someone 50 combat levels over them? There's no point; it isn't fun. You'll get more enjoyment out of killing monsters...

You quoted me then totally missed the point of what you quoted :icon13: , talking about it being made No Drop, not about its level limits