Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Caduceus

pickpoint Advice

I am currently training on ogres and when I move on to cyclopses and fluffies I want to know what is the best attributes I should spend on. My current A/D/P/C/R/W/I/V is 62/67/20/36/4/10/4/4/. When I get to late 70's A/D I will cap my coord to 48....problem is I have lots of more pp options and don't know exactly where to spend. Right now I have 16 pp's and NO neg perks.When I am ready to move on I will get some neg perks ( antisocial, ph, and SD)and will have probably around 40 pp's. Some tell me add more vitality for more toughness. Others say more instinct for the reaction. Etc. I'd appreciate any advice you might have.

Edited by micah9

Assuming you train with CoL;

take 28 phys, 44-48 coord, 20 vit. 12 will (since u already have 10), all the rest on reas.

like that u can barefist clops if you're with aluwen, or use bone if you're with mortos.

When you move to fluffy's, with 28/44-48 p/c, you'll make great exp barefist on them until well over 100 a/d with that p/c.

Once you get reas to 12, if you're not a PK'er u could take inst... but if you are a PK'er u can take another 4 vit and more reas, or instead of more reas you could take phys to increase PK strength, but the more phys you take, the more exp p/h you'll sacrifice in training (reas is the better option imo).

--------------------

If you train without CoL follow eMPi's guide:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42564

--------------------

If you plan to train for years to 130's a/d before you start PK'ing, an alternate option (not necessarily 'better', just alternative style) to the above PK advice is to remove 6 pp's of will (so u have will 4) take vit 16-20, p/c 28/44, and all other pp's spread evenly on reas/inst.

just make sure u have 24 pp's saved up when u get to 130's a/d so u can max out p/c

With this you'll be able to train yeti well.

Edited by Korrode

Wouldn't Reasoning be worse for exp? Since it makes you hit more often and causing your spawn to die faster. So wouldn't instinct be useful since it will help me avoid being hit resulting in more fighting exp? Or do you think the toughness in vitality is better for preventing me on receiving too much damage?

Wouldn't Reasoning be worse for exp? Since it makes you hit more often and causing your spawn to die faster. So wouldn't instinct be useful since it will help me avoid being hit resulting in more fighting exp? Or do you think the toughness in vitality is better for preventing me on receiving too much damage?

Reasoning increases your ability to hit, but does not increase the damage you deal.

Contrary to some peoples belief (they obviously have not thoroughly tested), on a single spawn, maximum exp per hour is not achieved by extending the length of your fights via reducing the amount of successful hits you score.

On a single spawn, max exp per hour is achieved by getting in every hit but doing the minimum possible damage.

The only time you want your Might and/or Dexterity to be so low that you are often missing hits is if you 'multi-train' (i.e. more than one monster on you at a time) as your regular training.

not completly right, the exp you get can also be upped by not hitting much. getting ur a/d gap bigger but lowering the respawn times. the more you hit the faster ur mob dies, the more often it has to respawn. while getting 48 instinct is not an option either, except if u prefer force/alma/azayal playing style.

wait a second.

What should be your p/c when u start training on male ogres.

mine p/c right now is 20/26 but i'm still on male ORCS

First of all, there is no one single perfect method

One way to do it is to max p/c as soon as possible and hit fluffys a little faster and grind it out for ever

The other way to do it is to keep p/c between 20-30 and grind ogres as long as you possibly can

You can also play with r/i/v builds for pure trainning.

There is no right way. depends a lot also on equipment you would like to use as trainning gear. Leathers? or titanium set?, nmt? col? you should should just spend pp slowly and wisely and find what works best for you

not completly right, the exp you get can also be upped by not hitting much. getting ur a/d gap bigger but lowering the respawn times. the more you hit the faster ur mob dies, the more often it has to respawn.

Even creatures that naturally give more def exp (feros, orge) missing any more than about 20% of your hits on a single spawn results in less exp per hour, even with Aluwen.