Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fedora

Macintosh OS X client 1.7.0

Thanks for the client. Currently using it, and it seems to work great.

Only odd thing I noticed is, that with reflections turned off, all the water becomes this very sky bluish color. It looks normal, though, with the reflections on. Other than that, I haven't run into any real problems. Great job!

Been running the client for an hour or two now, everything seems to be working fine! (iMac 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

Thanks for the work you put into developing the client for Mac, Fedora! :P

Using a new macbook pro

Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT

Mac OS X 10.5.4

The new client kept crashing with UVP 1 so adding #use_animation_program=0 to el.ini worked and now all is fine :-)

Thanks for all the work Fedora

Model: PowerBook PowerPC G4 (1.1), 1.25 GHz, 512 MB

Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon 9600, ATY,RV350M10, AGP, 64 MB

Thanks for the great work. I couldn't log on b/c of the crashing at the start but by adding the #use_animation_program=0 as Catspaw says I can now log on and it looks wonderful. I can now see what all the PC people have been talking about... :icon13:

Mine crashed after log in as well.

When I first logged on with the new client I was in the evtr mines and all seemed fine but once I went outside the client locked up, it didn't actually crash and close, I had to force quit.

I switched back to the 1.6 client as I thought perhaps it might be something with evtr. I went to portals room and logged on with the new client again and all seemed fine (although it was very dark). Went to pv from portals room and walked to sto and again the client locked up around the fountain. I have always played the 1.6 client with UVP set to 0 and all is fine now in the 1.7 client with this setting.

UVP has never worked on my ATI X1600 iMac, but it didn't crash, just not display actors or display them in solid colors.

Edited by Florian

i tried to add that catspaw and it didn't work.

It doesn't make sense to me.

Did it crash before or after the log in?

Mine was crashing before login...the title screen would open but then crash immediately. After adding that line it loads perfectly.

I also will say after playing on it for a while it runs much better than the previous version. Before I had to put on poor man and disable all effects, reflections, etc to get a dececnt fps. Now I have all effects with only ~8 fps drop (34-38 fps). Of course when viewing the sky I get a little more drop but I know that is normal figuring more rendering is occuring. Also in the previous version I had to delete my el.ini file before every login, but I don't have to do that with this release either. Once again, great job!