Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nathanstenzel

I need python trade bot code assistance

Do any programmers out there know python and how to code a trade bot?

If so, I could use their assistance in completing the trade bot code for the Trismegitus project.

I have tried it a few times and I have kinda failed miserably.

Do any programmers out there know python and how to code a trade bot?

If so, I could use their assistance in completing the trade bot code for the Trismegitus project.

I have tried it a few times and I have kinda failed miserably.

Can't say I know python but I'm familiar with scripting languages and have been working with bot code for some time now... I'm willing to try and help (can't make any promises until I know exactly what the issues are...)

Feel free to PM me in game or forums.

Can't say I know python but I'm familiar with scripting languages and have been working with bot code for some time now... I'm willing to try and help (can't make any promises until I know exactly what the issues are...)

Feel free to PM me in game or forums.

It seems too hard to track the items in the trade windows and the items in the inventory at the same time.

I have tried it a few different ways and had problems either way I went.

Is it best to track gc seperately from the other items that the bot puts in the trade window?

Should you adjust the count of an item in the trade window and inventory when you send the command to move the item or when you get the get/remove trade item command from the server?

At what time should you calculate the balance of the trade?

If you could answer these questions and give reasons why it is so, perhaps it will help me figure out what I am doing wrong.

For all the hassle that this thing has been, I think it would help if I was to make a graphical representation of the inventory and trade window to help me figure out what on earth is going on.

Sometimes, the amount that it thinks it has put up on trade doesn't seem to change. Sometimes, it seems that it tries to put something up for trade that it does not have. Sometimes, it gets stuck in a big old loop.

To the owner of this code:

You might find looking at the source of this bot useful ;)

http://el.asgardsrealm.net/dokuwiki/doku.p...d=el:bot:python

That looks very impressive. What is the package that needs to be installed for mysqldb to be imported into the python?

Would it be accepted if I was to use your bot code and merge our notes features?

I could merge in the guild rankings as well, but the notes would be the first priority.

It looks like your item handling is advanced way beyond anything that I did.

The only part of the trade code that I have that I actually like is the ability to set a percentage of the base price for masters, inguild, allies, strangers and enemies seperately.

Until I get code working the way I want it, I think I would like to run your code on my computer.

I wonder how it handles lag.

By the way, the Discussion Forum link leads to a non-existing page.

Edited by nathanstenzel