Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigshock28

Single Elimination Desert Pines Arena PK contest!

I have decided to host a Desert Pines Arena contest after reading the "To PK or not to PK?" thread. It will be single elimination and up to 8 players may participate. First 8 will be given random numbers and assigned a slot, this will be done right before the contest, so you won't know who you are fighting until then! :P

Time:

World Clock :whistle:

Format:

Round one:

Match one: Player 1 vs. Player 2

Match two: Player 3 vs. Player 4

Match three: Player 5 vs. Player 6

Match four: Player 7 vs. Player 8

Round two:

Match one winner vs. Match two winner

Match three winner vs. Match four winner

Final round:

Both round two winners will fight.

If their are 16 fighters or more, the brackets will be doubled and there will be another round.

Rules:

All special weapons such as orc slayer of mana nullification or jagged saber of cooldown are not allowed, nor are any fire,ice,magic, or thermal swords.

All special armors are not allowed. (Some can't be proven, so it will be on trust.)

Dragon armor is not allowed.

BroD/BoD is not allowed.

Bone/Branch are not allowed.

Staff of Protection and Staff of the Mage are not allowed.

Axe of Freezing not allowed.

Bronze sword is not allowed.

All spells are allowed.

All potions are allowed, including TS. (remember someone has to be able to attack though so if you both pot up beforehand and can't attack you will be disqualified)

Range healing from anyone outside (or inside but is not supposed to be) is not allowed. (If you are range healed by someone and did not want to be diss and exit the ring and provide a screenie or chat log to confirm this. Hopefully there will be a moderator to help take care of problems like this, but if not we will have to deal.)

Damage rings and Mana damage rings are allowed.

Bows and Arrows are allowed.

Only 3 disses/flees per person. Upon the the 4th one it will be considered a loss.

If you exit the arena you lose. (unless a rule was a broken by your opponent)

Conduct:

There will be a 5 minute (may change pending fighter's time limits) interval per match to go to storage, bots, or guildies/friends to restock. If you are not in the arena after the 5 minutes it will be considered a forfeit.

Please let the fighters, filmer, moderators, and me sit on the enterable edge of the arena. Donors may sit one row behind the fighter's but must be careful not to block them in.

Your guildies/friends may heal you after your match is over, but ONLY after your match is over.

Needed:

1. A moderator to help crowd control. Found, thank you annatira and asgnny. :)

2. Donations to the prize pool.

3. A commentator for the action. (commentary channel will be explained later) Found, thank you TempesT.

4. Someone to film it. :D (optional but prefered. Knowledge and video editing abilities (for the intervals) is needed) Found thank you sheesh. :)

5. The fighters and a crowd of course. :whistle:

Prize Pool:

First place:

10kgc

5kgc (thank you blar32)

BP cloak (thank you SenZon) Given to me

100 vitality potions (thank you nathanstenzel) Given to me

Mirror Cloak (thank you beemer) Given to me

20 disengagement rings, 5 steel chains, 1k diamonds (thank you Epitaph)

1 Mirror cloak and 1 BP cloak (thank you sweetjones)

1 brown tunic (thank you Cissysauce)

Second place:

5kgc

Signed Up:

forever (stats check out)

unforgivin (tested and passed)

twig_man1

shagrath (tested)

Gladius (what i saw was enough ;) )

MuTum

Manderijn

Thugz

Backups:

Saint

Sybilsauce

Bigkav's alt

Wynn

Suggestions, comments, if you want to join, or if you can help with anything in the needed section, please post here or pm me in-game.

omega1 :medieval:

Please note: I realize that some Desert Pines Arena fighters do not like their stats known, but I must be aware of your ability to attack so sometime after signing up we can meet there and you may attack me and let me diss. (killing me purposely might make me consider not letting you participate ;) )

Second note: Time is not set in stone if many people need it changed i will change it.

Third note: I will not take away any rules, but i may add to them, be sure to check back occasionally. Everything will be finalized by saturday afternoon.

Fourth note: I will award all prizes to me, the others will be there to award their prizes or you will have to PM them to get them.

Edited by bigshock28

Hmm

Sounds like fun, I'm in

Forever (oh and would it be illegal for me to shoot some one with a fire arrow if they dis me and try to flee?)

Hmm

Sounds like fun, I'm in

Forever (oh and would it be illegal for me to shoot some one with a fire arrow if they dis me and try to flee?)

You may, but don't give away your tactics or people will think of ways to counter them. :whistle:

Post updated check out the new Conduct rules.

Great news! First I asked Annatira to be the moderator for the event and she accepted! As the size of the crowd might be rather large has also volunteered to help. Second, already we have gotten about 40kgc worth of prizes and it continues to grow by the hour! Continue to donate and sign up and this is sure to be a great event! :pickaxe:

Edited by bigshock28

Sunday is a bad day for me, so I can't guarentee my arrival. Would it be possible to push it to the following Wednesday ?? I'm off that day :pickaxe:

(i'm off on sunday but it's usually interupted by family :/)

Which is why I asked nicely for a day push :icon13:

If that's not possible just say no. It doesn't matter regardless I'll do my best to show up. but If i were you, get like 3-4 back ups :pickaxe:

Count me in, I would like to play in this event please Gossip me the info :pickaxe: Also my In game name is Unforgivin :icon13:

Edited by Bigsimp

I was asked and thought it best to reply here. Question: Will there be bag returns? Answer: No there will not. If you do not have armor worth more then a rostogol stone, this might not be the contest for you. If you have expensive armor and do not wear a rostogol stone and lose your bag that is your own fault. PK is PK and this contest will be no different.

I will donate a brown tunic to the prize pool from my main Cissysauce.

I would also like to enter my alt Sybilsauce in the contest as long as the day and time stay as they are now.

hmm seems alright, mightnt have the strongest char by that time, but sign me up anyways. ill PM you my char name closer to the due date.

Also Take the magic/fire/ice/therm swords out, its really a test of build not the person with the GC for thermal serp. also bronze swords aswell.

Edited by bigkav

I did think about that and have decided that i will take out bronze swords but not thermals/magic/fire/ice swords. I am trying to make this even for the people who have used $$ to buy their characters and people who built them themselves. I know almost all $$ players have thermal serpent swords and such, but so do some of the gc players that have worked very hard to get them. I really don't think they shouldn't be allowed to use something they worked so hard for.

@Cissysauce: I guess you can donate and fight but of course if you win sybilsauce can't get the tunic because that would get us all in trouble, which i am sure you know. ;)

Edited by bigshock28

well have fun trying to get a decent contest outta this many ppl wont compete, should be limited to great swords, its obv person with thermal will win, pointless.

Fine, fire/ice/magic/thermal swords will be taken out. It is about hard work and a good strategy anyway. But i am not changing anymore. I am not trying to copy directly off korrode's contests, if i wanted to do that i would have asked him to make the contest. Nothing else will be changed leading up to the contest, which should give all the fighter's the needed time to buy their equipment. And if anyone asks for bows to be removed, they will be banned from any contest i ever hold. :P

Edited by bigshock28

All slots full. I will assign who fights who and test everyone sometime during the week. Looks to be a good competition. A few fighters might not be able to make it so make sure you sign up as a backup. First come, first serve. Donations also still welcome. :P

Edited by bigshock28

Many things adjusted to make it more about skill, training, and strategy then $$. More special weapons removed to even the odds. Make sure you read all the way through and leave me a gossip message saying you agree to the rules. Also If your a/d is over the TS limit bows do not work at the arena either afaik.

I am not trying to copy directly off korrode's contests

For the record, if anyone wants to run "Showdown" tournaments with my exact rule-set and layout, they should feel free to, i dont mind :evilgrin: