Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mrfancypants

My account was stolen :(

Hi, my account was stolen by a player so called cjack, the reason why i say so called is, its probably not his real account going from his stats. So to everyone who sees mrfancypants, or cjack, beware, he is a scammer! and will do the same to you!

Kind of interesting that before he was 'stollen' you transfered all the nice items to an alt.

The whole thing about it is, i gave him my pass to do some lving (yes i know, incredibaly stupid). But, before i did i gave the items to a friend, incase it was a scam(i have chat loggs to prove) and i had every intention to give back to mrfancypants when he was given back to me. Beings the person who now has mrfancypants said "sorry" and logged out, he had no intention of giving my things back. He then the next day, tried passing himself off as myslef.

Then, 2 days after mrfancypants was stolen, my friend had given me the items to my alt deliverence. In which i was going to give them to my guilds bot. You can check that i never even used the items given to me. Deliverence and my friend then got banned.

I figured, beings i no longer owned mrfancypants because he was stolen, it wouldnt matter if the things were transfered to me, then my guilds storage bot.

Kind of interesting that before he was 'stollen' you transfered all the nice items to an alt.

I must say this: You just got PwNeD!

On-topic: Chatlogs, screenshots, maybe you show what you log into it with (password wise)(and it doesn't matter if you say your password if you lost it) and that it doesn't log in with this? (i don''t even know how to do that just a suggestion)

Giving out your password isn't against the rules becuase it's your choice to give him it regardless of what happend

what is this :whistle:

The abuse section?

I think he states 'I know i'm stupid, it's my fault'

and just saying beware

Look I am sorry to say it but your account was not stolen. Really. You said yourself that you took the good items off because you were skeptic to begin with. Should have followed your gut.

A stolen account to me is a hacked account.

You gave him your password which means your gave him that character.

Your own fault.

and will do the same to you!

Not true, I wont give him my password :whistle:

I have to agree here.

Not every one is going to do such an act. However, I'm sorry your account was stolen... after item transfer or w/e xD

Just letting you know, in any game, if you GIVE your p/w away chances are, something you don't like WILL happen

He then the next day, tried passing himself off as myslef.

Um...thats not right..doesnt that fall into impersonation and become a case for Abuse? If you have proofs of this I would advise you post them in their entirety in the Abuse section. Make sure you state your case as one of impersonation, and dont dilute the issue too much regarding the actual losing of the account, that way the Mods can decide based on just the facts eprtaining to the impersonation and judge whether rules have been broken in this regard by this other player.

Then, 2 days after mrfancypants was stolen, my friend had given me the items to my alt deliverence. In which i was going to give them to my guilds bot. You can check that i never even used the items given to me. Deliverence and my friend then got banned.

I figured, beings i no longer owned mrfancypants because he was stolen, it wouldnt matter if the things were transfered to me, then my guilds storage bot.

Clearly you should have been aware that this contravenes multiplay game rules regardless of the intention of what you wanted to do with those items at any point in the described trading. If you are considering doing anything of this nature in the future with help from a "friend" to transfer items to your guild storage bot, dont involve yourself as a middleman when you already have your friend being one. Just get your friend to deposit those items into the bot FOR YOU.

Why you didnt do this is beyond me. It would have saved you from being banned, saved the Mods from a lot of time being wasted in this matter (both for banning you and now for having to look into your explanation to decide if theres merit to your arguments, then the time wasted in unbanning you once your ban-time has expired).

This must be the comedy section and not the disputes.

I am closing this topic for the reasons that it is being addressed in the Bans section. This is not a community issue anymore.