Eternal Lands Official Forums
mrfancypants

diverence has been banned

LOL, forever. You don't just make a new alt and transfer all your good items on it and get away like that.

I didnt just make an alt and transfer everything to it, i was scammed, and my main stolen. Therefore i made a new account to be my main.

As far as taking the items from my main and giving to my alt, that isnt the case. What happened was, i was going to give the pass to someone to do some lving. I figured it might be a scam, so i took all of the good items off, and gave them to a friend. I had every intention of giving them to mrfancypants when he was returned to me.

But, mrfancypants was stolen, and there was no intention of the person giving it back to me. So, i figured the things could be given to my new main, beings i no longer had mrfancypants.

And, when those things were given to me, all of them were going to go towards my guilds storage bot, i wasnt even going to use them, and you can check that i did not also.

I never knew that it would get me or my friend baned. If that was the case, i never would have done that. Im sorry for this, and please, dont worry about unbanning deliverence(if you had in the first place) and please un ban my friend, he had no idea, as i did not.

EDIT typo's

Edited by mrfancypants

What happened was, i was going to give the pass to someone to do some lving.

Isn't that illegal as well? (if not delete this please)

Gicing out your pass won't get you banned, but you are basically giving up ownership of ther character, which means anything that the other person does with your character means we treat it as an Alt for both players, so it suddenly becomes very easy to get locked for illegal multi or you can lose your character if the other person changes the password (as happened in this case).

As far as taking the items from my main and giving to my alt, that isnt the case. What happened was, i was going to give the pass to someone to do some lving. I figured it might be a scam, so i took all of the good items off, and gave them to a friend. I had every intention of giving them to mrfancypants when he was returned to me.

How was he supposed to level your char if you took all the good items from it?

How was he supposed to level your char if you took all the good items from it?

The only things i took from it was a few books, some FE, a MM and Exc cape, and some silver rings. I can hardly see how that would help him in any way lv atk/def.

O rly?

Thu Jul 10 21:45:49 2008 Deliverence deposited 1 Steel Chain Mail

Thu Jul 10 21:45:49 2008 Deliverence deposited 1 Augmented Leather Pants

Thu Jul 10 21:45:49 2008 Deliverence deposited 1 Augmented Leather Armor

Thu Jul 10 21:45:49 2008 Deliverence deposited 1 Iron Helm

Thu Jul 10 21:45:49 2008 Deliverence deposited 1 Leather Boots

Thu Jul 10 21:45:49 2008 Deliverence deposited 1 Enhanced Wooden Shield

Thu Jul 10 21:45:49 2008 Deliverence deposited 1 Iron Sword

Thu Jul 10 21:45:49 2008 Deliverence deposited 1 Steel Two Edged Sword

O rly?

Thu Jul 10 21:45:49 2008 Deliverence deposited 1 Steel Chain Mail

Thu Jul 10 21:45:49 2008 Deliverence deposited 1 Augmented Leather Pants

Thu Jul 10 21:45:49 2008 Deliverence deposited 1 Augmented Leather Armor

Thu Jul 10 21:45:49 2008 Deliverence deposited 1 Iron Helm

Thu Jul 10 21:45:49 2008 Deliverence deposited 1 Leather Boots

Thu Jul 10 21:45:49 2008 Deliverence deposited 1 Enhanced Wooden Shield

Thu Jul 10 21:45:49 2008 Deliverence deposited 1 Iron Sword

Thu Jul 10 21:45:49 2008 Deliverence deposited 1 Steel Two Edged Sword

Yes, if you can see that, you can probably see that those things were given to me by juhi. He can testify for this, he also gave me HE and some gc. And none of those things had come from mrfancypants.

Also mrfancypants was given back to me. So i ask of you this, beings eigen did no purposefully do anything wrong (as i did not) I ask that you ban/lock or whatever deliverence and mrfancypants (both my characters) forever, and unlock eigen my friend. ;)

When I heard that MrFancyPants was stolen I gave those items to Deliverence.

They were NOT given to me by MrFancyPants.

When I heard that MrFancyPants was stolen I gave those items to Deliverence.

They were NOT given to me by MrFancyPants.

Ok, that's true, I just checked.

Anyway, it's still a matter of the other items transfered through eigen.

I think eigen should make a forum account if he doesn't have one and speak for himself.

Hi again. Eigein has emailed me saying this:

I tried posting several times, but every time I try I get an error page saying ""Sorry, you do not have permission to reply to that topic". I emailed the forum admins for advice, but I'm at a loss right now. If we don't mind posting on my behalf, I would be grateful. Here's my reply to the post:

----------------------

Apologies for the delay in answering. I'm having trouble posting onto the forum. I emailed a query to the forum admins this morning, but haven't heard back yet. Here's what happened with MrFancyPants and deliverence.

Last week, MrFancyPants asked me if I would keep a few of his items while a friend used his character: I would return the items to MrFancyPants when the friend was done. This struck me as a dangerous idea, and I tried to talk him out of it, but he sounded quite confident so I agreed, hoping for the best.

The next day deliverence contacted me with the bad news: the friend was actually another EL player, one with leveling service who had promised to improve MrFancyPants. Unfortunately, his first improvement was to change the password on MrFancyPants who was now locked out of his character. Groan. I pointed that his chances of getting his character back from the scammer were not good. He said he had already talked to a mod about it, and knew it was pretty much hopeless. I felt really bad for him - he is a friend and a good kid, and I wished I'd probed more the day before and spared him this mess.

But finding out his character had been hijacked put me in a quandary about what to do with the items I'd been entrusted with. I could no longer return them to MrFancyPants as planned, but I could not keep them either. The only viable alternative I could think of was to return them to deliverence. Since deliverence and MrFancyPants were now two totally separate people I didn't make the connection with a transfer of items between alts as I should have. I guess I'm getting old and my reflexes aren't what they used to be :icon13:

At any rate, my apologies for all the trouble this has caused, and I appreciate everyone's time and effort in working through this incident. Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can help in any way.

Ok, I unlocked your friend, his story seems credible. You will, of course, not get Deliverence unbanned.

Thank you so much! :icon13: I hope and plan to never be in this forum again!

Am i still allowed to have alts? i was never told no or yes, so i want to clarify this. :)

Considering we have had issues from you from the get-go putting stuff on alts, always with some "reason", I say no alts.

Let's see if you can manage on one character to read and follow the rules. Ignorance is no excuse, nor is selective reading, or selective application.

I have been banned for having "alts". I had been playing on my alt, but once i was informed that aislinn came back and responded that i couldnt have any alts, i quit playing on it immediataly. I actually gave the alt that i was playing on away. And later, i made a character that was going to be used as a bot, and my guild mates can back me up on this. I didnt know that it would be considerd an alt, but i guess i should have clarified this first. Sadly, today i log in and see that i cant log into my account (collardhills). So, i make another char, and contact a mod that tells me what has happened. Im sorry for not knowing that what i did would be illegal. I know, i should have checked, but, i just didnt, which was REALLY stupid of me. I apologize for any inconvienice and will wait out my ban for 1 month, unless you feal fit to shorten it, which in all honesty, i didnt break any rules intentionally. I know that this has got me into trouble before, so i will now go and look at EVERY rule and READ carefully, as not to break another again.

Thanks much,

Collardhills