Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigshock28

Could someone please post a step to step guide?

I have been wanting for a long time now to get a store bot for my guild ARMY. Now that i have finally gotten a way to pay for it and such, i decided to make it. From reading the pinned topics, several posts, and talking with the guild, i seem to have a basic understanding of what needs to be done to get a bot. But something i can never seem to find a guide to what in what order everything has to be done. I am only planning to get regular old $20 non-blessed bot (for now) so i made the char with my preferred name and started to max out it's p/c. But once i finish that what do i do? Do i get a location and get it approved by entropy? Do i register a location and the bot here and then get the location approved and re-register if radu doesn't like it? What next? Make/test the code? Once you know the code works do you have to get that approved? Then you pay and get the bot placed in-game?

Every time i think of this i get throughly confused and would very much appreciate if someone could make a guide or put the steps in order for me.

Now my three small questions:

1. If you miss a payment for any reason what happens to the bot? I heard something about it getting banned and having to pay an un-ban fee but can't find the info anymore.

2.Hosting just means logging on the bot and running it on a second client, correct?

3. If yes to 2 can multiple people host it (I'm thinking i have it logged on while i play then a trusted guildie logs it onto his reliable connection for the night) / stock it (no gc paid to stock but they can get the gc when the item(s) is/are sold)?

The ownership system will be based on trust for ARMY, so no need for "Don't have multiple people host it! You'll get scammed!", it's just a game.

Any input on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bigshock28 :)

OK, I've been through the same thing you're going through so I think I can help you out here.

Firstly, the steps involved in starting a bot:

1. Decide on a name for your bot and build a character. Remember, even though once it is a registered bot you can do same IP trades you CANNOT trade with it while you are building the character as this would be illegal multiplay.

2. Decide on a location for the bot and get together some code for the bot to run on (the code bit can be skipped if you are using a hosting service such as Learners). If you are writing your own code (or even some written by someone else) the test server is there for you to test it.

3. Get both the code and the location approved by Entropy. If it is not approved as you originally submitted then you will have to change the aspect that was not approved.

4. Once approved you can pay your fee and get the bot up and running.

So, that's it for the step-by-step guide, I hope I havn't forgotten anything. Now, on to your questions.

1. As detailed by Entropys thread on bot payments if you miss a payment you are given a 2 week grace period and after that the bot is locked. If you want it unlocked you have to pay a $20 unlock fee on top of your next years' subscription.

2. Hosting means running a special, non-graphic version of the client (your bot program). This is not a normal client and each one must be approved by Entropy. There are some open source bots available or you can write your own. Information on the protocols used to communicate with the server can be found on the bots forum.

Note: You will not log onto the bot from a nomal client and restocking can be done through various commands sent to the bot. You are also allowed 2 visits to storage a week, when you do these you can log onto the bot and walk it to storage to restock.

3. I don't see why 2 different people can't host the bot from separate IP's but you would have to get this approved by Entropy.

I hope this helps and I hope you get your bot up and running without too much hassle.

Good luck!

EDIT: If you have any further questions I would be happy to answer them.

Edited by FatboyJaxx