Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dilly

To PK or not to PK?

Could you be interested in a little PK from time to time?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever PK?

• PK??? Ewwwww I R teh peacefull harver/potter/alcher and don't even own a weapon bigger than a pickaxe!
    • I tried it a few times, but simply dont enjoy it
    • PK is too expensive -.-
    • I am a pr0 PKer but PK is dead and I spend my time moarning it's loss instead of trying to revive it
    • There aren't many people active in PK for me to get the chance of a reasonably fair fight
    • How do you mean, never?? I live for PK!
  2. 2. What would make PK more appealing to you?

• Ban the special armors and weapons that give people superpowers (e.g. BOD, BROD, but also COTM, Ubber Def greaves, etc)
    • Make rostogol stones cheaper somehow
    • Limit the number of PK areas and make them all capped to a certain level
    • Create more PK areas, matter of fact: PK should be allover
    • Ban PKI.. it makes the strong cockier, and the weak even more scared
    • Stop allowing summonstones to be used in singlecombat arena's
    • Remove PP buying at NPC
    • Other.....

:medieval::P:mace:

After being a peacefull alcher for the main part of my EL life, in the past months I have been exploring the world of PK a little. More from the side of the arena than actually in it, but still.

I have noticed that it is very hard for someone my level to actually get a fair shot at a fight that lasts longer than my usual 20 seconds :whistle:

I know there have been many points of view expressed by the people that consider themselves PKers, but let's try and see what it would take to get the people involved that are currently staying far from it.

There is an option others..., your input is appreciated!

I am certain that some of you would actually really enjoy the 'dark side'.. it isn't always as dark and ebul as it seems. And hey, you could even make some new pals while at it :icon13:

From my personal point of view: I would be enjoying PK a whole lot more if I wouldn't get jumped by 3 pr0s (30 or more a/d levels higher.. to me that is already pr0 :-P), for my tiny bit of pki, when a few feet further I see someone of my own level just hiding behind his guildies. It is not the fact that I die.. but the fact that you don't even allow others to enjoy having some of the fun you claim it can be, that puts me off.

Apart from that, I have worked my butt off to get my hands on some of the nice armor and cloaks that are in game.. There is no way of using the cloaks atm due to certain people going around broding at free will, so we are all confined to wearing a COTU to protect our stuff, and can't really wear any of the other cloaks :brooding:

I for one will not let that stop me though.. going kamikaze in KF is too much fun to give up on it :-P

:medieval::D:mace:

EDIT... made the 2nd question multiple choice, and gave Korrode the option of his choice ;)

Edited by dilloesional

i realy like it way it is on pk server, but sadly not many ppl there. and I still have the opinion that a total new beginning would be the best. maybe we'll see more pk(areas like on pk server) when the game is finally released. :P

and level limited areas are total crap btw.

Had to say that I'm pr0 pker even I'm not :brooding: Just pking for fun and trying to kill someone :P But yes pk is mostly dead. But still have got some fun fights (NCA with GODZ yesterday and horrible crying after it xD). I don't really care even if pk is expensive, but it looks to be problem to some peeps. I just broke my BoD yesterday and I just laughed at it. This is just game so it doesnt matter if I lose some money there. I also like pk points. It's fun to see how many kills u have got etc. :medieval:

For me biggest problem is special weapons. Not BoDs or even BroDs but JS of cooldowns etc. irritating weps. It's so annoyin when u start fighting someone and notice he has JS of cd.

Also summoning stones are annoying in some cases. Scarface summons 2M tigers on u in KF and u can even hit him single time if u don't summon 3M of them. I like to use them too much is too much :D

"There aren't many people active in PK for me to get the chance of a reasonably fair fight."

"Other"

So... Since I couldn't vote for multiple answers to the final question, I put other.. There are alot of things that need to be changed IMO, and you listed alot of them.. Removing the #pki would be good, cos people worry too much about it. Removing the special armours/weapons, way to powerful, only people who have them are the higher level fighters, making it boring/not much point in PKing for those around the 70-85 a/d mark. Remove summon stones all togeather, gives summoners a better use. (I remember people used to summon M Chims in PK, was good back then.) As for creating more PK area's? Nah.. If anything, they should be removed, and leave it down to just a select few PK maps, meaning those who want to PK go to that map, and there will probs be people there.

Making them capped wouldn't do alot either, I think using a good CL (Combat Level.) and then making the Areana's limited to that, would make the PK fights alot more fun. For example.. Making DP Arena capped to 150 CL, so anyone over that amount can't attack there. Would make things more even.

Cheaper R.Stones would be nice, but I don't think it would happen..

Yesterday I went to go see NC arena, to see how PK is now, and what did I find? People sat outside the arena. Not really good for those who main about PK, and say there is non.. Maybe something should be done about this? Because there must be something thats stopping them from going in the Arena.

Thats all. :P

#Edit - One of my longer posts? lol.

Edited by Liquid

gj. ;p

...but i made the mistake of already voting before i posted :P

+1 to remove pp buying.

EDIT:

also, to be specific, i was suggesting adding remove pp buying, not remove nexus buying... the "at NPC" bit might make some think it includes nexus buying... but it's you poll... i guess :D:brooding:

Edited by Korrode

gj. ;p

...but i made the mistake of already voting before i posted :P

+1 to remove pp buying.

EDIT:

also, to be specific, i was suggesting adding remove pp buying, not remove nexus buying... the "at NPC" bit might make some think it includes nexus buying... but it's you poll... i guess :D:brooding:

Indeed it is :medieval:. Let's meet eachother halfway.. and keep it like this now

And i really appreciate your reply.. but you know i am really after the guys and gals we really never meet except for when we need our pots, ingreds or armors :medieval:

It's not that potentially I couldn't enjoy it, In guild wars pvp is my favorite activity. It's just the fact that there is no level cap on pk areas, so its hard for anyone who isnt already UBER to practice without somone coming along and pwning the smeg out of them.

From my personal point of view: I would be enjoying PK a whole lot more if I wouldn't get jumped by 3 pr0s (30 or more a/d levels higher.. to me that is already pr0 :-P), for my tiny bit of pki, when a few feet further I see someone of my own level just hiding behind his guildies. It is not the fact that I die.. but the fact that you don't even allow others to enjoy having some of the fun you claim it can be, that puts me off.

That's exactly the point, that let me stay off that pk thing .... and I don't understand really. what kind of joy it brings to someone to kill a 60 or 80lvl lower.

i am really after the guys and gals we really never meet except for when we need our pots, ingreds or armors :P

Cools, i'm glad for them to have a chance to state their opinion.

In fact, the bulk of my suggestions in the past have been for things designed to bring new people into PK, rather than making PK 'better' for the existing PK'ers.

So... i hope u get your desired player type voting!

To me the Pk system is the most outdated portion of this game. They can add all the neat little nifty items to help PKers, and all the perks they want, but the total lack of consideration for the average player is obvious in its design. PVP should be open to any and all players, not just the ones who devoted their life to A\D levels.

I tried it a few times, but simply dont enjoy it.

I don't get what's so fun about either 30min long fights or slaughter... Still have to try it on every NDD. :hug:

It's quite sad to see that people try out PK and all they experience is

either 30min long fights or slaughter

EL PK is really awesome once you've got the basic skills and tactics learned and you fight some people around your own strength.

There's a lot of thrill in it, pitting your instincts, strategy and learned tactics against other players.

I really hope something is changed to make PK more fun during the initial learning period :hug:

EDIT:

soz for spamming your thread dill i stop now kkbye :>

Edited by Korrode

If you are new, if you do not care who pwnd who 3 years ago, EL pk world is strange place for you. Small group of people knowing each other, having their own likes and dislikes, being almost impossible to catch up in terms of character development (if you have any life outside EL). PK for the new person is not fun, is expensive and does not give any benefits really. I'd stay with bashing monsters and especially having fun with invasions, limiting my involvement in pk to helping guildies on NDD's

Well, kor and me (hey bro :) ) suggested lots and lots of things to see new faces in PKs, but somehow nothing happened. Even tho they werent "big changes" and we had lots of support, they have never been implemented or so.

Tbh, noone can say PK is dead atm, its just a bit inactive. If you wanna PK, then you can easily find someone. I.e look at me and fryslan :D we had lots of fights recently, both he and i dead. But who cares? its just fun :hug:

So, stop suggesting things like this and spend the time you wasted while writing novels in forums like tirun for PK. Then you will be PKing. mkay? :D

My2liras;

-Kad

Well, kor and me (hey bro :hiya: ) suggested lots and lots of things to see new faces in PKs, but somehow nothing happened. Even tho they werent "big changes" and we had lots of support, they have never been implemented or so.

Tbh, noone can say PK is dead atm, its just a bit inactive. If you wanna PK, then you can easily find someone. I.e look at me and fryslan :D we had lots of fights recently, both he and i dead. But who cares? its just fun :hug:

So, stop suggesting things like this and spend the time you wasted while writing novels in forums like tirun for PK. Then you will be PKing. mkay? :D

My2liras;

-Kad

Dude.. I am at work atm.. not able to log on to EL, so I have plenty of time to write a Tirunstyle novel if I wish :)

Kaddy... check your counters and chatlogs for Dilly, ask Ulu, Levinmage and Korrode to do the same, and you know that what you just posted to me is a bit of BS. And at the same time you know full well that I and some others here have a valid point when we say we are getting mobbed without getting a fair chance. Last week still.. I invited Cemil for a try at NCA.. It looked like it could be a nice fight, but within notime he dissed, and I got yourself and Korrode running to catch his dis. NDD or not.. how is that gonna be any fun for either YOUR guildie, as well as for myself?

I mean.. come on.. I think you know me enough by now to know that I dont give a rat's ass about my pki. Of course it's fun to get some.. but for all I care, I will be at -10 soon, if it means I actually get to participate I would gladly accept that. I respect the fact that you go for the kill anytime.. but do realize that there aren't too many people like Ozzie who actually take that as a motivation to train their ass off for nearly a year.

Anyway.. you may say PK isnt dead.. but judging from (both) forums and what I hear ingame, quite a few people tend to disagree. I thought perhaps it would be nice for you pr0 guys to know that some others are actually really hoping for a bit of a revival.

Stay tuned.. part 3 probably coming up real soon :D

Edited by dilloesional

lol i wasn't aware of any ff between u and Cemil :D

#ig u want ff next time so we know, please :hug:

and @L.A. members please state in #gm if you're having an ff.

L.A. does not scam. If one of our members agrees to ff and we all know it's ff, we wont interfere.

EDIT:

Yet, in general i agree with what you're looking to achieve and see your point. But there's not much point in blaming players because you cant get a fair fight, there's always gonna be some people out there who'll interfere... having the game itself enforce fair fights (especially at low-mid a/d) is a solution much more likely to be effective. imo anyway.

Edited by Korrode

L.A. does not scam. If one of our members agrees to ff and we all know it's ff, we wont interfere.

nah but they bagjump invisible on invasions :D

anyway i pk for life, once i got 6th human nexus (yeh i know im slow, stuck at 5) i will be regulary pking again doesn't matter if rosto goes up 40k or not, until i quit this game, i'll be pking :D

and generally some comments why PK is inactive. did you ever wonder why peopel go PK on NDD so much? because they know they get them very often (yeh and no drops for sure), they prepare for NDD, wait for it and then they go PK. remove those goddamn ndds, let this special day have his special effect. if people don't have the opportunity (like before, yes i know ur tired to hear this again) to fight in capped arenas or to wait for NDD they will automatically try PK on normal days. and if people try PK on normal days they will also find peoples around their lvls that they can fight.

and PS: very smart to put fluffs/f chims in kf. gobs were better and more newbie friendly :)

EDIT: look at it like this, might be easier:

atm it's 30-50 a/d = DPA (ts/nontsed). for the people above 54 a/d there is NO chance in real PK, they mostly negged out or cant be assed to train because people in "real" PK will slaughter them. people from 54-80 a/d are the people that are not much in PK, while from 80+ you can see people again because they are actually able to do some damage to people in 100's.

there are 2 ways to solve this:

1) make capped arenas for every 10's a/d and seperate a/d that much into "fair fights" which is fucked up (only imo)

2) remove all capped arenas

i got some more "nice" suggestions what might help, but everytime i post them it seems like radu reads the whole thread but not the posts from the people who post something like this or similar to this. (e.g the insane idea to place F chim/fluffy into KF)

EDIT2: yay @liquid. i wish radu would consider that 1 time :hug:

Edited by Tempest

I think removing all the capped arenas would totally destroy the ambition any future PKers wishing to try their hand at it.

Whenever I 'try' PKing (which isn't that often really) the main thing that annoys me is the fact it's practically impossible to get a fair fight. So you're either bashing someone 10-15 (possibly more) AD levels below you or being pummelled but a fully TSed tank. I like NDDs as they let me try my hand without much item loss, presuming I have good astrology, so I wouldn't really like to see them removed.

I'd like to see some sort of #arm/CL caps on the arenas tbh. People with 48/48 PC, or black dragon armour/CoL/Cutty shouldn't really be allowed to attack their IMO. Of course we can't bring back the days when leather/chains were the best armours, but can we stop people from using the 1337 items in non-open combat?

I'd like to see some sort of #arm/CL caps on the arenas tbh. People with 48/48 PC, or black dragon armour/CoL/Cutty shouldn't really be allowed to attack their IMO. Of course we can't bring back the days when leather/chains were the best armours, but can we stop people from using the 1337 items in non-open combat?

*coughs* Remove Tsing down *coughs*

With a new 60/60 arena going next to dpa then imo there is no need for players to ts down anymore for pk action, it should be right next door.Removing Ts fails would only really bother trainers, myself included Im 90% of the time at -15 but hey for the good of the game I would survive and adapt.

I can see how non-pkers who would like to get into pk can get jaded with the whole thing, Ive said it before and I will say it again.. FFS if someone 40 a/d wants to come into KF to watch let them, or if two 10 a/d players want to batter themselves in Nca stand back and let them go at it. IMO its in the best interest of PK if us pkers stopped being dicks about the whole " omgz n00b iz one hit y00" and let the lower levels have fun in peace.... who knows they might even come to like PK and train to do it regular, which is good for the PK scene in the long run no ?

(and thats not just top 100-200 players who do that, low levels dont get chance in capped arenas without being bullied)

PKi should either be removed (counts for nothing when you can get it off the ant_queen :hug: ) or made to be worth something (and removed from ants). Ie: exchangable for items or temp stats boost etc.

edit: Be nice to have a true 1 v 1 arena (ie only 2 allowed in at once) without everyone and his/her dog trying to pass or catch the diss

Edited by conavar

With a new 60/60 arena going next to dpa then imo there is no need for players to ts down anymore for pk action, it should be right nxt door.Removing Ts fails would only really bother trainers, myself included Im 90% of the time at -15 but hey for the good of the game I would survive and adapt.

you wouldn't have to adapt. ent doesn't need to change much except for the fact that those arenas only count your REAL a/d, and not the Tsed one.

With a new 60/60 arena going next to dpa then imo there is no need for players to ts down anymore for pk action, it should be right nxt door.Removing Ts fails would only really bother trainers, myself included Im 90% of the time at -15 but hey for the good of the game I would survive and adapt.

you wouldn't have to adapt. ent doesn't need to change much except for the fact that those arenas only count your REAL a/d, and not the Tsed one.

that could work, but imo it wont make a difference because you will still get people who will just do their best to stay under the cap.

basing pk around combat level is the best option i think (even though its a little messed up atm with summoning and ranging but that could be changed too).

i suggested it before and im suggesting it again :hug: make it so you can only attack people within a certain combat level of your own. not too small a range, but enough so that every lower level who goes into pk doesnt get attacked on sight and just so much that it doesnt have a negative affect (effect?) current pker's pking - maybe only being able to attack people within 50 CL's of you?

obviously other things need to change aswell but i think this would get more mixers or harvesters at least trying it

Edited by LeoI

[i apologize in advance for the length of this, just didn't want to post again :D

And none of this is directed at any replies thus far in the read, Im only addressing the spirit of yet another post

of this type]

:D:hug::hiya:

After being a peacefull alcher ...

[snipped]

This poll is just another form of "omfg pk is dead ~!11!!" organized in a clickable list.

I'm guessing so it slips under the radar of:

Any thread that has a title containing "PK is dead", or any similar phrase, is automatically locked.

If we don't read the forum rules, we get banned from the forums too, so consider this a warning.

Pk is dead

Why do I say this? Look at the radio button options.

• The pk is evil option. PK??? Ewwwww I R teh peacefull harver/potter/alcher and don't even own a weapon bigger than a pickaxe!
  • I tried it a few times, but simply dont enjoy it

• [COST PK is too expensive -.-
  • [DEAD]I am a pr0 PKer but PK is dead and I spend my time moarning it's loss instead of trying to revive it
  • [DEAD]There aren't many people active in PK for me to get the chance of a reasonably fair fight

• [The only 'other' option somehow balancing it] How do you mean, never?? I live for PK!

Now for the clickboxes.

• [Pk is dead because of: Evil $$ IRL] Ban the special armors and weapons that give people superpowers (e.g. BOD, BROD, but also COTM, Ubber Def greaves, etc)
  • [Pk is dead because of: cost of rostos] Make rostogol stones cheaper somehow
  • [Pk is dead because of: not enough level limited arenas] Limit the number of PK areas and make them all capped to a certain level
  • [Pk is dead because of: main should be like pk server]Create more PK areas, matter of fact: PK should be allover
  • [Pk is dead because of: pki killed pk] Ban PKI.. it makes the strong cockier, and the weak even more scared
  • [Pk is dead because of: summon stones killed pk] Stop allowing summonstones to be used in singlecombat arena's
  • [Pk is dead because of: nexus npc killed pk]Remove PP buying at NPC
  • [Pk is dead because of: insert excuse here] Other.....

At no point does the list ever try to answer the first question:

"What would make PK more appealing to you?"

No options like, nifty new magic, weapons, blood curdling screams. :)

Is this REALLY a sincere "Please tell me should I pk" because:

Its a complaint list again:

• I have noticed that it is very hard for someone my level to actually get a fair shot
  • but the fact that you don't even allow others to enjoy having some of the fun you claim it can be, that puts me off.
  • There is no way of using the cloaks atm due to certain people going around broding at free will,

So I assume you define pk "fun" as "winning". I always enjoyed, "barely getting the f*ck out" too.

Ahh at least "I for one will not let that stop me though." that great, so answered your own question.

But really how many variations to the PK IS DEAD threads do we need, before this dead horse finally dies?

Since items cost 'time' to produce and make and those items are used and possible broken in combat. Therefore, the combat

section of the game will never be as packed as a First Person Shooter, where the combat items require little or no time to acquire.

The only way you will get 'always busy pk' is to appeal to the instant fun type person that would need:

• A\D levels are govern by session, are zero when you begin and increase for that session as you win.
  • NPC that gives out free gear.

Well anyway, whatever makes people happy, guess people need to bitch nonstop about something.

Edit: missed a radio button poll option

Edited by robotbob