Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
big_duo

Poisoned Arrows

I almost never post in this forum because IMHO 95% of the people look like they just make posts for the sake of making posts. Others either copy old suggestions because they didn't know how to use the search button or they came up with something so ridiculously stupid that would under mind the whole game and make it not fun, all probably because they are new to the game and still think it is "unfair" to new players so they want special treatment. But enough of my griping, here goes the idea!

P.S. I DID do a search, and didn't' find anything even remotely similar to this :confused:

I was just sitting her shooting my bow when a thought popped into my head B) . We have so many items that cause poisoning that I was thinking why not add a poisoned arrow to the list of the available rangers weapons. The arrow would not need to do a whole lot of damage on a successful impact, and the poison lvl could be small to keep the cost of the arrows down. Poisoned arrow heads have been used for thousands of years, I think they would make a great fit to the game. I don't know much about programing these things, but I'm guessing it'd be pretty simple because all the codes for arrows and poisoning something in game are already there. Only the artwork would need to be added. The poison arrow could have moderate accuracy, better than training arrows but not as good as magic arrows. That again would help keep the cost down. Feel free to flame me about this post :) or add you own suggestions to it!

Edited by big_duo

Why just poison arrows? The thought on this subject is limitless. How about also: radioactive arrows-->causing radiation damage. Cupid arrows--> causing the victim to feel less like fighting and confused. We could go on, let me think of more.

I don't think there's a need to add more complicated stuff to the game. Those other arrows are neat, but as I said all the basic code exists already to make poison arrows possible without modifying much. Ranging is expensive enough and seems to be quite unpopular still. I think this would help out people wanting to range more and ultimately push the ranging skill forward

The formula could be very simple. For example, something like:

50 Arrow/Bold head

1 Enriched death essence

50 hawk feather

50 yew

Just like the other arrows, the formula would make 75 arrows at a time :hug:

maybe we could also have a poison spear, dagger, bolt, or something (should i make a new post for this idea)

I believe other weapons for poison appliance has been suggested :confused:

We dont even have a dagger ingame yet...

Why just poison arrows? The thought on this subject is limitless. How about also: radioactive arrows-->causing radiation damage. Cupid arrows--> causing the victim to feel less like fighting and confused. We could go on, let me think of more.

Stun arrows which of course cause paralysis of say 5 seconds?

We don't comment on every single suggestion, much like Radu/Roja. Wayyyy too many suggestions for that.

Poisoned arrows sound fine to me, btw.

I read that topic because i have similar idea.

Maybe it would be good to make Poison (potion skill). It would be used to poison arrows or weapons. I think that it can be potion as hard to make like Potion of reasoning.

Example ingredients:

3 Poison ivy

1 Ale

1 Empty Vial

Needed tools: none

Needed knowledge: Book of Poison [500-1000gc?]

Exp. gained: 20-25?

Making Poison arrows will give exp. to ranging [10?], and poison power will depending about potion level of using them archer.

Poison arrows: [15]

15 training arrows

1 Poison

If critical fail you lose poison but no arrows.

What are you think about that idea?

Sorry for my English. It's bad, i know.

But i was thinking that archer poison his arrows himself before hunting. I doesn't thanked about making poison arrows in engineering, but only poison arrows that we have. The same picture and damage but arrows poison target.

But i was thinking that archer poison his arrows himself before hunting. I doesn't thanked about making poison arrows in engineering, but only poison arrows that we have. The same picture and damage but arrows poison target.

Does an archer make his bow himself? Does he make his arrow molds? Does he make his arrows? :icon13:

No but he poison his arrows, repair his bow, take arrows used arrows from earth and trees. But i know what do you mean.

I like the idea of poison arrows and the damage of the poison would depend on the range lvl of the archer?

The formula could be very simple. For example, something like:

50 Arrow/Bold head

1 Enriched death essence

50 hawk feather

50 yew

Just like the other arrows, the formula would make 75 arrows at a time icon13.gif

I think thats the best formula suggested.

I was thinking about normal poison and normal arrows mixing together, no new arrow type. Something like Poisoned Training arrows or Poisoned PK arrows. Other types of arrows shouldn't be poison able. Poison can be depending on potion level.