Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DHT

New ranging perks

Since the 2 new nice ranging perks came out, I'd like to hear your opinion and experience about them :)

Personally, I have Ethereal Ranger perk. now the exp:gc rating went up to 1.7 exp:1gc which is kind of cool :hug: I'm planning to take the Wilhelm Hood perk as well, but would like to hear what you think about it first

Personally, I have Ethereal Ranger perk. now the exp:gc rating went up to 1.7 exp:1gc which is kind of cool :hug: I'm planning to take the Wilhelm Hood perk as well, but would like to hear what you think about it first

I'm not getting Ethereal Ranger. I will never spend that much money on arrows than I could save by wasting 5 pickpoints.

5 is really way too much imo. For some it is ok I guess, but I see it as 5 nexus removal stones and 250 hydro bars. Do you know how many arrows you can buy with that? :)

Wilhelm Tell is much better I think. Going to get that one myself too.

well, it is all relative - you can also say 1.25 million gc is an equivalent to over 8k of xbow fire bolts ... ;)

not that I'm taking this one, but still I can imagine people (pure rangers) finding it reasonable ...

hehe #reset is NEVER reasonable really .... ;)

but, if you wanna be a pure archer, you have relatively a lot of pp's to use (no nexus required to be an archer, no heavy armor needed, etc.)

then you can easily afford both ranging perks and benefit a lot, also financially

talking about Ethereal Ranger perk, even though it says the chance is 30%, at the end you see that you fired ~44% more arrows than you brought to train with ;) so IMO it's really reasonable. didn't try the other one tho, still saving the PPs :D

talking about Ethereal Ranger perk, even though it says the chance is 30%, at the end you see that you fired ~44% more arrows than you brought to train with ;) so IMO it's really reasonable. didn't try the other one tho, still saving the PPs :D

If you take the perk, I guess you will be firing a lot of arrows. You'll see that 44% drop to 30 in the long run.

Its 30% chance to not lose an arrow, so after 100 arrows fired you still have 30 arrows. After firing those 30 arrows you still have 9 arrows. After firing those 9 arrows you still have 3 arrows, and then you have 1 left... So you fire 100+30+9+3+1=143 arrows= 43% more arrows than you had in the beginning ;)

WH perk, I took it and I really enjoy my aim and damage now :pickaxe:

ER perk is all about money I think. Personally I would rather spend this PP for attributes.