Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Disturbed

instinct vs. vitality

Hey :) im interessted in what people think about instinct vs. vitality.

Reaction: helps avoid being hit in combat. :)

Vitality: reduces the amount of damage taken in a fight. :laugh:

So im curiouse which attribute helps you to stay on a spawn longer without useing much he's and which attribute helps you to gain more xp vs. dodging or takeing less damage. :stare:

now plx spamm this thread kkthx :happy:

Instinct would give you more xp, because while toughness reduces damage even if you get zero damage from a hit you still get no xp because you didn't dodge the attack.

You should also note that vitality increases mana, which is good for magic spells, maybe not necessary in PvE but very useful in PvP. Unless your fighting a monster way higher levels then you, then it would come in handy.

What about pk? Any opinions?

IMO I love vit for fighting.

Don't really know a good reason other than it just feels "right" to me.

PaulB

But... if i want fight with stronger opponents (10 attack more than my def and max reasoning), he will score every hit, vit isnt better in this example?

But... if i want fight with stronger opponents (10 attack more than my def and max reasoning), he will score every hit, vit isnt better in this example?

In this example, vit is better.

In this example, vit is better.

If you were to have someone 10 lvls higher than you it would be better to take vit as,like you said, they will score every hit.so would be best to try "absorb" as much damage as possible,if you have many people with slightly less a/d then would be better to have instinct as you wouldnt get hit as often then,but would still take slight hits ie crits etc. but as they will be lower a/d not as high as if they were 10 higher

But all in all,Vit>Will. Inst is equal to vit in that you cant make a one or the other thing,all depends what you want to do,whether it be pk or pvp or pve.but,i would say,a good inst/vit mix is good for all areas of fighting,instead of one or the other.

My two Pence

Zalbo

Instinct is way better than vit, for pk :P

because u are in top def....

someone with 120 def and 40 I will never block someone 130 attack so better take Vita to absorb the shit.. instead of wasting 36 pp in an attribute hoping to block...

You should see a fight between me and ulubatli on test server, he has max vitality and i got max instinct, i restored maybe once at half hp and he restored at least 30 times, vit sucks, and 280 hp is too low for someone to fight multiple opponents in kf :)

But aren't u and Ulu similar a/d Dushan? ...that's TK's point.

Fighting someone at around your a/d and lower, inst is great. but fighting someone 10+ a/d on u, vit is better, cause they're gonna get every hit in whether u have inst or vit... so the big toughness and mana will help, whereas the reaction will do nothing.

Thats all not to say that a <130 a/d person cant/shouldn't do an inst build (inst build is way better for training, in the long run), they will be very strong against people <=themself, but they will be diss-tele'ing/dying quick against people with significantly higher a/d.

EDIT: another important point though, even someone 10 a/d higher than u, if u take inst, at least they wont be able to Bronze Sword + Ice arrow you ;P

Edited by Korrode

btw what weapon did ulub use ? don't tell me he was trying to OS you :] - i would have cuttied ^^ because u have low V i expect means low toughness so even cutty would deal some ok damage :]

Edited by Michic0_oL

I guess, we can all say, that there is no "better" build using I or V. It depends on your personal style, the persons your fighting. I was always partial to Vitality, But there where times I wished I had more I/R instead. There is no perfect build :)

Yes, vit is better for players with small a/d. Instinct is better for players with 120's+ a/d in pk.

But i have an question, What is better for training/serping yeti ?

They have a lot of crit so that means vit is better, less hp taken = more time at the spown but if u are 130 def level what is better in that case ?

And if u don't have instinct, only vit then yeti will hit u 100% and there are no matter to train them.

We know ppls with 145 def have no big difference witch u will take vit or inst.

Edited by DarkPresent