Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
move_buster

Moldable Shields

I was thinking since there are modable swords maybe there can me modable shields as well.

For instance maybe if you have a titanium shield of magic you get 10 extra magic protection or if you have a shield of ice then there is a certain % to freeze your opponent for an amount of time.

The shields wouldnt be too expensive though because it cost almost nothing to make iron and steel shields.

Maybe only metal shields can be modable and not many ingredients used to keep the cost down.

Move_buster

#edit spelling

Edited by move_buster

I was thinking since there are moldable swords maybe there can me moldable shields as well.

For instance maybe if you have a titanium shield of magic you get 10 extra magic protection or if you have a shield of ice then there is a certain % to freeze your opponent for an amount of time.

The shields wouldnt be too expensive though because it cost almost nothing to make iron and steel shields.

Maybe only metal shields can be moldable and not many ingredients used to keep the cost down.

Move_buster

Do you perhaps mean "modable" sword/shield?

Don't think there is a "moldable" sword ;)

Making Titanium shields gives a % chance to make a special item from them already, with bonus attributes not found on normal Titanium shields...so no need for a Modable version since the end product comes out already enhanced with no further mixing required.

The same is true for the full titanium and steel plate set items (torso, greaves, cuisses)...you just have to be high enough in manufacturing to not fail mixing and be very lucky to create a "special" one...

Not sure there is really a need for an enhanced version of iron or steel shields though? Just a normal Titanium shield is enhanced enough from the steel shield to fit the niche I think?

Yea i guess but i think it would be cool sitting in storage with a full thermal steel set and a thermal steel shield, with a thermal weapon but if its already been mentioned and disguarded then sorry, you can delete this topic.

Move_buster

Steel shields having a chance to be modable isn't a bad idea.

And u could make it a cheap thing really;

Steel Shield of Fire

Ingreds:

1 Modable Steel Shield

1 EFE

Stats:

As normal Steel Shield but with +3 Heat Protection.

And same for Magic and Ice. (dont make a thermal one at all tho imo).

It should be fairly common to make modables and the end products should only cost ~10kgc. (give or take a kgc due to price differences between EFE vs EME vs EWE)

Steel shield breaks fairly easy and has -2 acc and -2 crits so i think it's fair, and i'm saying only 3 dmg reduction, not 10 or anything.

Edited by Korrode

If there was a steel shield of ice that gave 3 cold protection, i can think of a certain armor combo i'd wear in conjunction with it in PK regularly.

i like the idea..but probably only maker the higher lvls be modable

ex: ti shield.

oh wait..........high one is just ti shield....i guess make them all

Edited by daiske1

There is another route to this...

A magical shield would not need to give extra defense against heat/cold/magic if it didn't give as much of a penalty to accuracy and criticals. Steel shields and iron shields have a -2 penalty for both.

Also, what would happen if you combined an ELE and a modable shield? I would guess a shield of healing. Kind of like a MoL. Now that would be a prize indeed.

A modable shield plus an EDE could have a 5% or 10% chance of hurting the opponent for 5 points of damage when they successfully hit you.

Modable shield plus serpent stone = protection from poison.

A magical shield would not need to give extra defense against heat/cold/magic if it didn't give as much of a penalty to accuracy and criticals. Steel shields and iron shields have a -2 penalty for both.

Huh?

How do you figure?

What's the crits and acc penalty got to do with the heat/cold/mag prot?

If i'm fighting an opponent who i can hit np, -2 acc or not, and they are using therm serp and can hit me well, then a steel shield with 3 heat or cold prot would be useful.

In most cases the Ti shield would still be a better choice, but, depending on your opponent and the weapon they're using, in some cases the shield's as i've suggested would be a better choice.

The Ti shield would remain the default PK shield, but sometimes a good strategist will see when the special steel shields would be better.

Edited by Korrode

Yep ice shield + drag armor would be a good combo against therm serp. But my suggestion only includes a 3 damage reduction.

ice tit sheild

Just pointing out that i didn't suggest modable Titanium shield for the exact reason that they'd be over powered and just be another really expensive item that is a requirement to remain competitive in PK.

The Steel shield with it's -1 def, -2 acc, -2 crit (VS Ti shield) and already cheap ingreds is what i'm suggesting.

A modable shield plus an EDE could have a 5% or 10% chance of hurting the opponent for 5 points of damage when they successfully hit you.

I like this idea.

Instead of giving protection make it one of those special armors and do damage.

like we have the ti shield of life i think.

maybe the steel shield of fire (bad name)

has 5% chance to burn the opponet.