Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

170 OSX and Linux versions

In a few days, I'd like to release the new version, so I was wondering who can take care of the OSX and Linux versions?

The data is not available yet, but when you are ready, let me know and I'll give you the whole data that you need.

In a few days, I'd like to release the new version, so I was wondering who can take care of the OSX and Linux versions?

The data is not available yet, but when you are ready, let me know and I'll give you the whole data that you need.

I will, of course, update my Debian/Ubuntu Linux packages. As for a static version for the zip file, I've never managed to get one of those built. However, I'm willing to give that another try if no one else steps forward.

There are still a couple of bugs I know of that need to be resolved. A minor one with wrapping text in the manu window which I'll fix tonight. I also reported a crash in the sound code that I hoped Torg could have a look at. If I can't catch up with him this week, we might be able to avert the crash with an additional check but that would not fix the cause.

Is anyone else working on a static build for Linux? I've put quite some effort into it but have so far failed to get something that works on more that a couple of distros. Any tips from people who have done this before?

I am not sure if this is the right place to post. If not move or delete it pls.

I installed the new EL for Ubuntu through the update manager but I am getting the following error when I try to enable sound:

'Error opening sound configuration file'.

Music plays fine though. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

I am not sure if this is the right place to post. If not move or delete it pls.

I installed the new EL for Ubuntu through the update manager but I am getting the following error when I try to enable sound:

'Error opening sound configuration file'.

Music plays fine though. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Probably needs moving to this thread. Anyway, I presume you installed the eternallands-sound package too, and that you are running through the installed menu icon. If so, did you let the launcher modify your el.ini file (it would only have offered had there been a problem)?