Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

170 Final RC, please test (Windows)

Had some strange effects with the shadows while training in NRM, havn't noticed it anywhere else yet. I tried to get a screenshot but it happens so fast I was unable to and it seems random (I was not able to deliberately produce it). It's like the shadows all shift as if the light was coming from a different angle for a second and then shifts back. It's a pretty dramatic change but very fast.

Video card: GeForce 8600 GT/PCI/SSE2

Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Version: 2.1.2

I seem to be having a similar problem, I haven't tested out the sky feature, but I've been seeing these flashes of sunny daylight. Right now I'm harvesting toads in South Redmoon Island. Its gloomy weather, I think I can recreate it but it happens more when I change settings in Sky & Cam.

I'll be in game for 20 more minutes, PM me if you read this fast enough. :confused:

-Spartan_Warrior

I have noticed an issue with this client. When I open some of the game windows, specifically the stats, notepad or help windows the characters turn into something like a color negative in appearence. The floor also changes. The issues seems to be centered around the "use actor animation" option under the video options. When this option is on, opening those windows causes the issue. When the actor animation is off, opening the windows has no effect. I checked this against the previous client version 1.6 and sometimes it does it as well and some times not.

Here is a screenshot of the normal view with the actor animtion on but the window closed.

gallery_40595_60_19369.jpg

Looks normal, now here is the the view with actor animation on but with the buddy list open.

gallery_40595_60_64274.jpg

And finally, here is the view with the buddy list open but withe the actor animation option turned off, the characters change back but notice the floor stays the same.

gallery_40595_60_34415.jpg

Hope this helps. :confused:

Video card: ATI Radeon Xpress Series

Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Version: 2.1.7659 Release

UVP: 1

Had some strange effects with the shadows while training in NRM, havn't noticed it anywhere else yet. I tried to get a screenshot but it happens so fast I was unable to and it seems random (I was not able to deliberately produce it). It's like the shadows all shift as if the light was coming from a different angle for a second and then shifts back. It's a pretty dramatic change but very fast.

Video card: GeForce 8600 GT/PCI/SSE2

Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Version: 2.1.2

I seem to be having a similar problem, I haven't tested out the sky feature, but I've been seeing these flashes of sunny daylight. Right now I'm harvesting toads in South Redmoon Island. Its gloomy weather, I think I can recreate it but it happens more when I change settings in Sky & Cam.

No comment... :confused:

I have noticed an issue with this client. When I open some of the game windows, specifically the stats, notepad or help windows the characters turn into something like a color negative in appearence. The floor also changes. The issues seems to be centered around the "use actor animation" option under the video options. When this option is on, opening those windows causes the issue. When the actor animation is off, opening the windows has no effect. I checked this against the previous client version 1.6 and sometimes it does it as well and some times not.

It's a known bug that happens with some ATI cards and it seems to be related to the transparency. Turning off the UVP doesn't resolve totally the problem though because you can see that the ground isn't correct on your last screenshot. What you can try is turning on the opaque background for the windows to see if that helps.

A "Sun" issue while in the rain in SRM. Saw the sun through the rain, it flashed into a red square etc.

Youll find the sun or red square in the background on the horizon.

The edited image for the "sun" image didnt work, its on the horizon.

Mainly the yellow sun with the red circle around it was showing, but sometimes the red square flashed in a couple times. Sometimes staying there for several seconds. I was harvesting toads at the tree close to storage.

Sorry for the random dots, ignore them please.

The edited image for the "sun" image didnt work, its on the horizon.

redsquareinsteadofsunintherain1.jpg

SunintheRain.jpg

No comment... :confused:

Why post no comment if you have nothing to say, I'm trying to help out here and actually post bugs to make EL a better place. Unamusing for a lack of better word...

EDIT:

7-10-08:

I'd just like to keep gathering info, I logged in at the same spot. Its 5:50 in game. Sun is still there, havent seen much of the red square that replaces the sun sometimes, but I haven't been logged in long.

2nd 7-10-08 Post:

Red Square does keep coming back. Its flashing between the sun as it did before, sun still shows more than the red square shows.

3rd 7-10-08 Post:

Now its 0:00 and this sun is going blank, meaning its flashing from the sun and disappearing just as the red square flashed itself in.

I was trying to identify if it was the sun, the moon, even the sky. I turned all of the following off one at a time to see if it would go away: sun, moons, stars, clouds. After that I turned off sky, and it still won't go away. Perhaps this is a map bug?

4th 7-10-08 Post:

Its 3:30ish in game, I can see the sun still flashing between invisible and there. Disappearing and reappearing. I think you can see it from anywhere on the map as long as there are no buildings in the way.

Im using extended view 1st person style with max distance and reflections set to 200.

Edited by Spartan_Warrior

Why post no comment if you have nothing to say, I'm trying to help out here and actually post bugs to make EL a better place. Unamusing for a lack of better word...

Well, if you had read the thread correctly, you would have seen that this issue has been addressed several times and the answer to this "problem" was given twice.

However the other bug that you are pointing out has not been reported yet so I'll try to see if I can reproduce it and fix it.

Well, if you had read the thread correctly, you would have seen that this issue has been addressed several times and the answer to this "problem" was given twice.

However the other bug that you are pointing out has not been reported yet so I'll try to see if I can reproduce it and fix it.

No one described it as I had, the person on page 2 could have been lightning. And a flash of light? How is that specific? I read the whole thread before posting the first time. Now I'll read it again.

The sun in SRM is still there game time: 0:25

If you want to test it the coordinates for the tree where I'm harvesting is: You are in South Redmoon Island [195,223]

I must confess, I was walking through DP, with max view and max reflections at 200. First person view, extended camera. I was walking to CC and saw DPA, the same suns were lights. I don't think its normal but at least we know now what it is. :)

This doesn't mean the problem is fixed, it was flashing a red square in SRM, and disappearing at times (SRM).

Perhaps someone knows a solution without turning off eye candy or light effects, etc.

SuninDPA.jpg

screenie

This happens when I run 2 clients simultaneously in windowed mode. Both run normally for some time, then the second one (opened later) starts to behave as on the screenshot above. After some time first client gets the same issue.

Never happens when single client is being used.

Edited by Cruella