Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Segor

Magic Immunity Spell

Some conversations on @1 made me believe i am not the only one that thinks the Magic Immunity Spell could use a little "tweak".

AFAIK people with Mage build on their character lost interest for the PK Server when melee fighters got to Magic level 30, level required to cast Magic Immunity Spell.

elscreen163em3.jpg

If you look at the image of the spells Shield and Magic Immunity they look pretty much alike and they both last for the same amount of time, or very close, 90 seconds.

While Shield "increases you armor rate by 3", Magic Immunity "makes you immune to negative spells."

A suggestion post (long and flamed)

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43455

Personaly I think magic immnuity should be a realtionship between magic level, rationilty (not 100% immune) as far as using nexus, it may be worth looking into.
I'm posting because my idea on how the spell should be working is close to this

[radu @ 6]: yes, there will be a ward that will remove MI]

OK now the fun part (probably some flames too, but lets the "OMFG this would ruin PK for the main server" :icon13:)

What do you think about getting the spell changed?

I'm not making a POLL because this wasn't discussed yet, and if the majority agrees maybe then we could try to set up a formula.

PK Server has different things when compared to the main server so this would be possible if both the PK Server players and Radu wanted it to happen.

The only problem is from a mage's point of view this would be a great idea

But from a fighter's it would be not.

I am always interested in different ways to make pk-ing more fun

I understand the idea should be if you train hard as a mage, then a top mage should be a challenge for a top fighter

But how would this effect me I would not want to reset as I am over 100 o/a

Also nearing A/d cap with magic 51

And I have not taken much reasoning because I have set my char up for killing players and monsters alike

Some might disagree with this but I feel if there was to be a change to the formulas or spells like -Magic immunity then there should be an option to move a set amount of pick points 10-20 otherwise players like me will have to reset to compensate.

Another way would be for a new perk That gives you like 10 % percent chance to break through such spells like magic immunity and 10% chance or increased defence or have a cloak that does the same sort of thing

Just some more idea's to brain storm over

Handy Thor

I was expecting more replies, but oh well....

Anyway, my last 30 pick points went to a Melee build and the next 30 will go as well. At the moment i have a mixed build, will always have less p/c/v than the rest of the people in the server but it will be fun to pk me ;)

Magic is verry strong, especially on the pk server.

You cant keep MI on forever, like when trianing/harvesting, walking trough a PK map/area.

It would only be fair to CHANGE something to the MI spell (Make it WEAKER) if the offensive spells were CHANGED (Made WEAKER) too...

Things could be balanced out, like Higher minimum damage, Lower maximum damage?

IF magic immunity can be bypassed all lower leveled characters can help in pk fights between the stronger characters. This is totally unfair to those who don't have any friends to help them! (Or who plan to do solo-world-domination in the future).

I would be happy to trade in some of the MI strength to not be totally unprotected versus mage without MI. It would be great if a fighter, who is training without all the fancy mage essences with him could stay alive longer then 2 seconds when a mage sneaks up on him (invisible).

All in all, A mage should never be able to PWN someone that has magic immunity turned on... That would really defeat the purpose of magic IMMUNITY right? If it does get overpowered somehow, everyone would start a mage build .. And I dont like mage! We need more Spells With cool effects!!

ProHibited

Edited by BlackFalcon

IF magic immunity can be bypassed all lower leveled characters can help in pk fights between the stronger characters. This is totally unfair to those who don't have any friends to help them! (Or who plan to do solo-world-domination in the future).

If you are alone against more than one fighter and your levels are close you will go down with or without magic. (of course you wouldn't stay around to see the end of the fight, you would diss&tele)

I would be happy to trade in some of the MI strength to not be totally unprotected versus mage without MI. It would be great if a fighter, who is training without all the fancy mage essences with him could stay alive longer then 2 seconds when a mage sneaks up on him (invisible).

players with a+d = or > 130 shouldn't be following and pking players with a+d around 40 for their leather pants. Still you do it every single day you are online and show yourself damn proud of it. Bear with the consequences.

All in all, A mage should never be able to PWN someone that has magic immunity turned on... That would really defeat the purpose of magic IMMUNITY right? If it does get overpowered somehow, everyone would start a mage build .. And I dont like mage! We need more Spells With cool effects!!

Someone with Magic Immunity turned on should never be able to Restore as he is "Immune" to magic. That would limit him to pots. Do you think you could survive a very long time on BRs? Even with no cool down?

Wow relax..

This is not a pk area, these are just the forums.

Segor, every single time you kill someone you post it on the channel. Do you see me do that? Yes, no? ok stfu. It seems that you need the publicity to feel good or something. I just kill (nearly) everyone I can just because I like to PK. You seem to do it to brag about it on the channels :)

One person congratulates me, the other whines on the channel/forums.

What I wrote in my previous post has nothing to do with you, Still you seem to take it very personal, attacking me like this.

I have not said it before but:

I think its pretty sad to start ANOTHER thread on this subject because you happened to have good magic abilities. Any change (make MI weaker) would benefit YOU (aswell as some others ofcourse).

Why should magic stop working when you cast a spell on yourself? Well i'm sure you would like to see that happen...

Gratz SEGOR, for messing up your own thread... I think you were expecting more replies? Wanted to know how others thought about this idea?

I have you on ignore ingame for some time now, Kind of annoying at times, but it saves me from your useless bragging on the channels, and your hostile attitude.

Don't expect another post from me here,, going on another vacation \o/

'PK' and expect to be 'Pked' on a 'PK-server' .. Thats life.

ProHibited

--------------

whine (hwn, wn)

whined, whin·ing, whines

#1. To utter a plaintive, high-pitched, protracted sound, as in pain, fear, supplication, or complaint.

#2. To complain or protest in a childish fashion.

#3. To produce a sustained noise of relatively high pitch: jet engines whining.

---------------

Segor, every single time you kill someone you post it on the channel. Do you see me do that? Yes, no? ok stfu. It seems that you need the publicity to feel good or something. I just kill (nearly) everyone I can just because I like to PK. You seem to do it to brag about it on the channels :icon13:

These are just mine. I don't want to bring other people's names into this.

[15:45:32] You were killed by ProHibited

[15:45:32] Segor spent one US cent for the ferryman.

[15:45:33] You have died and gone to the Underworld!

[15:45:40] [ProHibited @ 1]: I pk some1!!

[16:37:12] You were killed by ProHibited

[16:37:12] Segor found a very fast way to move, but couldn't control where to.

[16:37:13] You have died and gone to the Underworld!

[16:37:23] [ProHibited @ 1]: succes!

[16:37:44] [ProHibited @ 1]: I was messing up with magics ;p segor almost killed me

(Sun Tzu while training on large spiders)

[22:14:41] You were killed by ProHibited

[22:14:41] Sego had a minor accident.

[22:14:42] You have died and gone to the Underworld!

[22:14:50] [ProHibited @ 1]: yes! pked some1

You don't like to PK, you like to PK everyone that is weaker than you.

I have 6 names on my kill counter, not 60+ like you, 3 of the names is you and your alts and I will advertise them again when i see you around :)

And I won't be hidding in a storage when you are online either, so come and get me if you have what it takes.

Back on topic

Those that don't want to see changes in magic, like yourself, are just scared that people that actually do know how to play this game will build a character in a month and kill them, while they have been on it for 6 months and don't know what to do if changes come.

Edited by Segor