Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ignoble

New Perks

Ontopic: Perks are good perks. Only sucks for people who don't take the perks.. are stuck with a somewhat useless ranging skill !!IMO!!.

We don't really want the top fighters to also be the top archers, as it happens with magic, now do we?

True, but high a/d have high magic cause it can't be done without oneanother.

Ranging is a skill totally on its own.

But okay, this is problably the best way, though ill mis shooting arrows :) .

Ontopic: Perks are good perks. Only sucks for people who don't take the perks.. are stuck with a somewhat useless ranging skill !!IMO!!.

Is that to say that it cannot be done without the perks? I really like ranging; the perks have made me think about resetting for the first time in a long while. Perhaps as Cyprom said I will train a/d to gain the pp's.

Well I finally managed to take the Wilhem Tell perk after so many hours of training ;) To my regret it seems that all shots give me less exp no matter what the distance is... I've been shooting rabbits on IP from all ranges with an elven bow and 34 perception. The better accuracy works just fine but the exp... I saw that you wrote that under certain circumstances the exp might be less and I'd like to know which ones are they?

Just guessing, but it seems that xp is based on difficulty. If you make it less difficult (take the perk) then you get less xp. Of course, if you are hitting more often (higher accuracy) it is possible that total xp can balance out or even be towards your advantage.

Just guessing, but it seems that xp is based on difficulty. If you make it less difficult (take the perk) then you get less xp. Of course, if you are hitting more often (higher accuracy) it is possible that total xp can balance out or even be towards your advantage.

Yep

Well I finally managed to take the Wilhem Tell perk after so many hours of training :confused: To my regret it seems that all shots give me less exp no matter what the distance is... I've been shooting rabbits on IP from all ranges with an elven bow and 34 perception. The better accuracy works just fine but the exp... I saw that you wrote that under certain circumstances the exp might be less and I'd like to know which ones are they?

That's not how you train ranging.