Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

Make only every 5th PK death use rosto

Discrimination? That's like being annoyed at someone getting frequent flyer miles, and myself getting none, even though I've never been on an airplane in my life.

NO thats not, that would be if i would complain that i need pki too and i havent been on pk in my life. The rosto was designet to prevent item drop, and not only for pk!

So please, as a mixer/harvester, tell me a time where you would sincerely need this benefit.

You fail to understand my point! This is about threatment, why would somebody for that 17k or 5 $ get more than other player? this is all about.

And plus, it's your choice not to take advantage of the perk of a rostogol stone by not pking. It's not different for different people. Everyone gets the same opportunity.

I don't like this idea as I don't like any other ideas favorising one group of players over all others. Here I am all with Addienne.

I agree with robotbob too.

<provocation>

If PKers spend as much time PKing as they spend in this forums suggesting yet another idea to make PKing cheaper/easier/better/more profitable all PK will be crowded.

</provocation>

Edited by Vanyel

Count how many different pkers make pk suggestions.. Okay. what's the number you got? Like 4 people? k.

<sarcasm>

Yep, definitely enough to revive pk.

</sarcasm>

Edited by Eternity

Just to butt in, it isn't strictly speaking purely a "make rosto's cheaper" scheme. Rosto's would still work as they now do in non-pk, heck, make it work as normal in PK maps when you are killed by a creature not by a player (summons an exception perhaps?). I have no idea what ratio of lost rosto's occur in PK versus non-pk, but given the effect will only occur upon a player kill, and that rosto's will still cost the same amount (a small percentage of players actually PK so I can't imagine market price being affected very much), I object to this being labelled a "make rosts cheaper"esque idea.

*toddles back to the harvesting forums*

S.

Well it seems like it, Instead of "one use" it has 5 uses. So its exactly same as 5 rostos for the price of one, or did I totally miss something.

Only in PK though. That's the only difference. :pickaxe:

Not like I PK so no skin off my nose :)

S.

Count how many different pkers make pk suggestions.. Okay. what's the number you got? Like 4 people? k.

It would mean that only these '4' are interested in any changes in PK, while the rest is either happy with what there is right now or don't care.

Both ways lead to the same conclusion, don't they?

Edited by Vanyel

wouldnt the price of a rosto go up if it can be used 5 times?

since it will be more "powerfull" then it already is.

they go for about 17k now, someone might be selling them then for 85k cause it's basicly 5 rosto's in one.

they go for about 17k now, someone might be selling them then for 85k cause it's basicly 5 rosto's in one.

hmmm, your maybe right about the price of the rosto. It would be a waste of time to make this thing if this price change would occure.

edit:corrected a bit the sentence.

Edited by Addienne

Again, only in PK would a rosto in inventory last 5 player deaths.

What I am not sure of is what proportion of rosto poofs are due to PK deaths. If most are due to non-pk deaths (training, mixing oopses, invasions, etc) then...well...who knows. It may make rosts more in demand which may increase their cost, but then, it does seem to have a fixed cost due to the gc>>$$ conversion rate.

Prices are based on a supply and demand concept.

The supply would ultimately change, due to the rarity, they've fixed themselves at 17k. If they were being found at the same rate and being used less the surplus would go up. The more of an item, the less they are worth, because they aren't rare anymore. So, more supply actually pushes the price down. Since they are mostly only used for pk, they would end up costing 1/5 the price they are currently at now or some close variation.

hmmm, and a price with 4 pk deaths would still work on non pk map? and would protect you stuff, so a pker can sell it and buy a brand new rosto??? now this would be something very intresting.

@Slinky - Again, I have no idea (and neither do you probably) what proportion of rosts are lost in PK, so I think that's a bit of an unknown.

@Addienne - each rost will still be the same. The fact that a player has died in pk with a rost 4 times will not be attached to any single rost, just to the player. If the player dies a 5th time in PK with ANY rost, having died 4 times in PK already with ANY rost, that rost will go poof.

S.

@Slinky - Again, I have no idea (and neither do you probably) what proportion of rosts are lost in PK, so I think that's a bit of an unknown.

@Addienne - each rost will still be the same. The fact that a player has died in pk with a rost 4 times will not be attached to any single rost, just to the player. If the player dies a 5th time in PK with ANY rost, having died 4 times in PK already with ANY rost, that rost will go poof.

S.

Maybe this should be a new positiv perk, that the owner of the perk has 80% chance to keep the rosto. (sorry i dont want to hijack this thread.)

When I replied to this thread, I assumed that the suggestion was that the Rostogol Stone only *worked* on the fifth death; and that the previous four deaths would yield a death-bag (and the possible drop of the stone).

From the subsequent discussion, do I take it that the intention is that a Rostogol Stone *works* for the all five deaths (no death-bag), but is only lost/consumed on the fifth death? In which case how is this different from just increasing the number of Rostogol Stones in the game fivefold (and buying in five-packs etc)? Increasing supply would decrease cost, making them accessible to more characters. Increasing their ability without increasing supply wouldn't make them more accessible.

I do think that Rostogol Stones are treated as the scapegoat for PK-woes (along with BoD etc); even if I had a free supply of Rostogol Stones, I'd still find PK unappealing in this game.

When I replied to this thread, I assumed that the suggestion was that the Rostogol Stone only *worked* on the fifth death; and that the previous four deaths would yield a death-bag (and the possible drop of the stone).

From the subsequent discussion, do I take it that the intention is that a Rostogol Stone *works* for the all five deaths (no death-bag), but is only lost/consumed on the fifth death? In which case how is this different from just increasing the number of Rostogol Stones in the game fivefold (and buying in five-packs etc)? Increasing supply would decrease cost, making them accessible to more characters. Increasing their ability without increasing supply wouldn't make them more accessible.

I do think that Rostogol Stones are treated as the scapegoat for PK-woes (along with BoD etc); even if I had a free supply of Rostogol Stones, I'd still find PK unappealing in this game.

The difference, again, is that this 5th kill consumption would only occur in PK and not in any other situation.

As for your last comment, I really don't have any opinion on that, I merely posited the idea to Korrode who went on to suggest it in here. I don't really mind either way if the idea sucks. I don't pk, and I am quite dispassionate about pk ideas generally, including this one. :D it was merely a thought exercise for me. I also agree that the biggest hurdle facing PK is that people just don't want to PK. :)

S.

The difference, again, is that this 5th kill consumption would only occur in PK and not in any other situation.
So for non-PK deaths the stone always gets consumed, or never? Assuming always...

This needs a definition of a death due to "PK" which the server is aware of, which may not be as straight forward -- if you lose all but your last health point in PvP, which is then taken by some other means, then is that a PK death? Though there could be interesting strategy in taking that last bit of health from an opponent by other means, just to peeve the stone-carrier.

Death on a PK area from *any* means would be feasible and possibly interesting implementation -- mixers scoffing mushrooms, or mining in radioactive PK caves.

Still I think this is targeted at a symptom rather than the actual underlying problem.

(Firstly, by "along with BoD etc" i'll assume u mean JSoC/CotM/etc. ...cause i dont often here anyone complaining about the BoD's existence.)

I think people who do not want to PK, no matter what, enjoy thinking that the commonly heard PK complaints are scapegoats. I assume they go "I don't PK because i don't want to, surely everyone else who doesn't PK has the same reasoning as me".

In many threads with PK suggestions, including this one, people say they would PK or would PK more if the suggestion was implemented.

Considering the lack of PK ideas that get tried or implemented, i don't think it can be justified to call any of them "scapegoats".

A suggestion is made that solves the underlying problem... it never gets implemented... so a suggestion is made that patches the symptoms of the problem.

A fair opinion to have.

But, i also assume you believe no item worth over ~50kgc should exist either... until the day the internet and every single ISP on the globe are 100% reliable?

Too many things need to change to make PK more active. None of these things will change, only people left will be those who have the balls to go PK, or those $ players, or players who benifited from yeti drops/made millions of GC and could aford the expensive stuff.

For your average player, this is to hard/waste of time.

A fair opinion to have.

But, i also assume you believe no item worth over ~50kgc should exist either... until the day the internet and every single ISP on the globe are 100% reliable?

They have the right to exist. Every player can chose to you use it or not.

And ofcourse you will die more with leather armors. But you can lose plenty of leather sets for that price. And considering that you will have drops from kills now and then it would be quite cheap to pk.

Edited by Cycloonx