Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Theladin

The Big Bag Race!

A few lessons were learned during this race and the next one will be slightly different with the hopes that the prizes will be spead around a bit more ;) If I could I'd have everybody win a prize. They'll get better as we do more of them :P

A few lessons were learned during this race and the next one will be slightly different with the hopes that the prizes will be spead around a bit more :pickaxe: If I could I'd have everybody win a prize. They'll get better as we do more of them :)

I actually felt a little bad during the second half of the race that I was winning so much. Maybe set a limit to the amount of times a player can win, like 5 or 10?

It was awesome event, one of the most entertaining I have ever participated. It was fun not only to search for bags but also watch all those high levels ttr across the maps jumping like huge rabbits :) New players confused when 40 people suddenly appeared ath the beam within a second :) Although I have been beaten by an inch to several bags, it was a very good lesson :pickaxe: Thank for the only prize I have won, worth a lot, but the fun was surely priceless!

Just came up with another idea for the next race. Rating each prize. Each time I posted a coordinate in this race I put *** in front so it would stand out from all the chat. Next time there will be from 1-5 *'s rating the prize. This way we don't have uber people going after leather armor and new users will be competing against other new users for smaller prizes and or course everyone will be going after the big ones ;)

Lol, I look forward to the next one. That was the most fun I've had in EL in a while.

Even nearly got 10k magic experience just teleporting around xD

I might not be on as much as I'd like this week so please gossip me the details of the mule hours if possible.

Again, thank you for taking the time to host and organize it and thank you to all the generous people that donated.

This way we don't have uber people going after leather armor

Do not underestimate a power of greed ;)

:)

Good luck with a new race !

It was one of the most fun contests i have participated in so far :)

ty to theladin for hosting, and to all the contributors, especially moebird :)

Some screenshots i was able to take, if any are interested:

EDIT: Wanted to say, i loved the insides/vague ones, makes you think :)

el20080706092618copyja8.th.gif el20080706095219copydy1.th.gif el20080706101747copyzj8.th.gif el20080706102852copybq1.th.gif el20080706104004copyop0.th.gif el20080706211743copykg5.th.gif el20080706230200copygt5.th.gif

Edited by ilobypie

Thanks a bunch for putting it on! I had a great time and was lucky enough to be first once in each round! The 10,000 gc coins were all spent on books and I spent the whole next day just reading and reading.