Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ronyo Tel'ithel

Guild Tokens

Guest Ronyo Tel'ithel

A Rose Quartz crystal with an etched flower over a prayer to Aluwen

An Iron Coin embossed with a hammer and anvil on one side and a coat of arms on the other

An Obsidian shard with a wicked sword carved into though a curse of Mortos

Although of no value to stores or NPC's, something that can be traded between players within a guild as coin but with more personal value. These tokens would only be able to be produced by the Guild Master (and possibly very high ranking guild members) and as to what they represent would be decided within each guild

These Token would be non transferable between players of different guilds and should a player leave their guild all their tokens are either lost or returned to the guild master. Should A guild be disbanded all tokens would be lost.

I can see a possibility for people to "make a guild, make a few tokens, sell them to unsuspecting players who just joined the guild, then disband it" (and yes, I have be caught foul of this form of tactic before when working on a guild project) although this activity would be in breach of Rule 3 but thats an issue to be discussed by the higher ups

Ultimately, just something to add a touch of Role play and something a bit more personal when giving someone something in return for services rendered other than just cold hard coin

I dont understand what these coins would be used for.

And the gm could just make them?

Edited by time4u2die

maybe not as elaborate coins as that. but maybe. it could just be a red coin, blue coin, green coin. ect...

the guild master can give the coin to someone as a command. like #award_coin <color> <player>

then the coin is automatically in their storage.. they cannot remove it from storage it just there. maybe to form a collection..

likewise the GM could use the command #take_coin <color> <player>

but that might mean the GM needs a command to see what coins members have.. or maybe he/she should just keep up with it himself.. if not you could have the command #coins <player> to see what coins the player has. similar to the #rank command.

if they stay in the storage and cannot be withdrawn then it can be used soley for a reward and not for any type of profit. and the indevidual guild can come up with meanings for the color if each coin.

I really like this idea. it would be cool to create quests or requirements for each coin that members must do to gain it..

and its a good reward for guilds who dont want to have too many high ranking members. still gives guildies something they can work for and be rewarded with.

EDIT: just another thought. guilds could come up with quests for each coin. and require certain coins to attain a certain rank in the guild. as the quests are completed they earn the coins. then turn them back in for rank.. (just an alternate use i thought of.. i really see a TON of ways to use this idea)

Edited by jizzy

Why stop there? Why simply limit it to within a Guild only? Take it a step further and you can award any other guilds' members that have either acted with Honour beyond the call of Duty, been helpful, backed you up in a fight or simply are just all-round nice.

I'd also like to see that balanced out with awards of something distastefully funny and gross for those who just piss you off no end, pk you constantly, scam you, steal your spawn, bagjump or just plain picked the wrong day to mess with your head.

Could pave the way for a whole new explosion of forum signatures displaying awards

well i think you should limit it to your guild only.. b/c if you can do it to any guild member the potential for abuse and spaming other people are too high.. if i didnt like them and we had negative awards as well. i would just keep sending them an award just to spam them or something(hypotheticaly speaking here).

but maybe they could have special command for ally or enemy guilds. with special awards for them. but limit it to where you can only give each person outside your guild 1 award. keeps from people spaming it.

#award_ally <name> then it would send a generic ally award

#award_enemy <name> then it would send a generic enemy award

why waste the dev's time developing something that just has visual value and no real use.

If you want to reward a guildie for doing something good give him/her a NMT cloak or a full set of black dragon armor.

If you want to give an enemy something go give them a good pking.