Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the_grud

ATOR SPAWN JUMPER

This is the first time i have posted on disputes in nearly 2 yrs of playing el

I arrived at fluff spawn waited quite a while,there was no one on the spawn ,waited a while for for the first fluff.

then thiis occured

ATOR: the grud my spawn :o

[11:37:19] You recovered 130 material points

[11:37:26] the_grud got healed a little because of his/her armor!

[11:37:27] the_grud got healed a little because of his/her armor!

[11:37:38] You recovered 130 material points

[11:37:50] You recovered 130 material points

[11:38:11] the_grud: when i came u wernt here

[11:38:52] the_grud: u wernt here when i arrived jow can it b your spawn

[11:39:42] [PM to bomwan: i got problem with ator la guild he says i jumped his spwan but he waSNT HERE WHEN I ARRIVED]

[11:40:06] the_grud: U WERNT HERE WHEN I ARRIVED

[11:40:28] the_grud: U JUMPING MY SPAWN

PM me.

[11:40:49] You recovered 127 material points

[11:41:44] [PM to ATOR: I GONNA REPORT U TO MY GUILDMASTER]

[11:42:40] [PM from Gossip: Ok, I'll tell 'em when I see 'em.]

[11:42:45] ATOR: fluffy go I am go

[11:43:12] ATOR: fluffy go I am go

[11:43:13] [the_grud @ guild]: u jumping my spawn pleas e leave

[11:43:20] ATOR: qyardim lazim

[11:43:50] the_grud got healed a little because of his/her armor!

11:43:57] the_grud got healed a little because of his/her armor!

[11:43:57] You need 25 Ethereal Points and you have 20 Ethereal Points

[11:44:00] Spell failed!

[11:44:02] [OptiC @ 3]: Selling 1k mat ess (7.5k), tit chain (4.5k), 15 steel long swords, serpent stone, 1k he (6.5k), 500 srs(6k), magic books, pm me (not a bot).

[11:44:03] You recovered 130 material points

[11:44:20] You recovered 130 material points

[11:44:25] the_grud got healed a little because of his/her armor!

[11:44:33] the_grud got healed a little because of his/her armor!

[11:44:38] You recovered 130 material points

[11:45:09] You need 25 Ethereal Points and you have 6 Ethereal Points

[11:45:35] the_grud: i goona post u on forum for spawn jumping

[11:46:08] ATOR: I am speak no know inglish

[11:46:19] ATOR: qköse bahçe yani

[11:46:43] KursaD: what happen the_grud ?

[11:47:09] the_grud: ator has jumped my spawn

[11:47:21] KursaD: you spawn ?

[11:47:25] KursaD: are u sure

[11:47:34] KursaD: when u came here ?

[11:47:38] the_grud: kursad is your guild allowed to spawn jump?

[11:47:55] KursaD: can u answer my question pls

[11:48:01] KursaD: when u came here

[11:48:06] KursaD: new or old

[11:48:17] KursaD: i know he was here

[11:48:27] the_grud: i came here there was no one here i waited a ehile for a fluff then he arrived said it was his spawn....not true

[11:48:52] KursaD: i think he ws searching bunny

[11:48:56] KursaD: was*

[11:49:30] the_grud: NO he was not here

[11:49:35] KursaD: i know

[11:49:58] KursaD: cos fluffy is running

[11:50:08] the_grud: so he spawn jumped if you leave a spawn u cant come back and claim it

[11:50:28] the_grud: i repaet he was not here

[11:50:40] KursaD: show me ur killed fluffy count

[11:50:46] [PM from bomwan: Automessage: Omg i fell in to a two foot hole, my friend has gone to get the ladder. im AFK IM AFK]

[11:50:48] KursaD: i will believe u

[11:50:54] KursaD: and u too ator

[11:51:32] KursaD: we will see who is right

[11:51:47] the_grud: i have reported him to my guildmaser

[11:52:03] KursaD: so

wine.

[11:53:01] KursaD: are u new player ?

[11:53:10] [Miria @ 3]: Buying: Used Rapier (9000gc each), Titanium Plate Mail (72000gc each), Rapier of death (250000gc each), PM me with WANTED for more

[11:53:19] [Freya @ 3]: I'm selling 2 Frying Pan (900gc each), 386 fire essences (4gc each), 14 Naralik rings (75gc each)!

[11:53:21] Help request sent.

[11:53:21] KursaD: if u dont see any one here also bunny

[11:53:28] KursaD: must wait

[11:53:39] KursaD: for bunny & player is back

[11:53:59] KursaD: u found bunny without player.. spawn is ur

[11:54:00] the_grud: he was not here i waited a while then attacked fluff he appeared later

[11:54:20] KursaD: pffff

[11:54:3

As u can see i was already fighting a fluff b4 his first chat.

I then sat down to avoid further conflict

As i said in this chat ..there was no one at the spawn when i arrived and the first fluff took a while to appear.

Edited by the_grud

As i said in this chat ..there was no one at the spawn when i arrived and the first fluff took a while to appear.

Exactly what you say here: it took a while to appear. Creatures don't just appear out of nowhere, when it 'appeared' at the spawn, that means someone killed it. Whether that person was already training before and fluff walked off, or he just arrived to the spawn to and went looking for it, doesn't matter imo. You didn't 'have' the spawn already, you didn't kill a single fluff yet. And you didn't go look for it either. You just waited for it to 'appear'. Then you let others do the work of finding the monster :D

With what I see here, your spawn didn't get jumped imo, you didn't 'have' a spawn yet to begin with. Ator might have 'had' the spawn, I can't tell that from this log, but it's possible (in that case you basically jumped his spawn).

(yes, I know nobody owns a spawn, that's why I used the ' ' :o)

Very true Molime !

It is very common situation that you wander 15 minutes searching for all creatures from multi spawn, killing them only to realize upon return to the spawn point that another person has just came and is taking advantage of your kindness lol

However, since no one owns a spawn all such discussions are pointless - every single jerk in every single situation can take out this phrase like a fluffy out of magician's hat lol

As said I waited a while for the first fluff to show.

How long am I supposed to wait b4 its a free spawn..5.mins/10/mins/15 mins

or enough time for someone to re-stock at store and return claiming it was their spawn.

there may be a simple explanation maybe he followed a fluff but I repeat how long must i wait b4 a spawn is considered mine.

I suggest if this happened to you ,you would hava a different viewpoint.

As you can see by my stats after nearly 2yrs of playing a/d is not important to me...its the principle!!

Read what i posted i waited a while ,I didnt jump straight in.

AND in north skf u can wait for a fluff to appear!!!!

Edited by the_grud

It's happened to me on both sides of the coin, and I agree with molime. It's annoying as heck to have to chase a renegade spawn then come back to somebody sitting there saying "you weren't here so it's mine now." If I am the one who shows up to an empty spawn, I also will yield to others coming back to it if they claim it's theirs, since I know it wasn't mine :o

Either way, it never was YOUR spawn. You can't claim he jumped your spawn when you never had it. Doesn't matter who had it, ATOR or somebody else. Somebody was killing them and it wasn't you. Therefore you have no rights to claim he serped YOUR spawn. (Doesn't matter if you waited hours, you weren't killing them so it wasn't your spawn)

So let's see...someone was fighting fluffies at that spawn, one fluffy ran off, he chased it for a while, finally caught up to it, fought it for a little while then killed it. Then while walking back to the spawn point where he was fighting fluffies it respawed. He shows up there and you're there fighting the respawned fluffy. Hmmmm..... :o

I don't think you understand what I mean. You don't *wait* for a spawn to appear. If you arrive at a spawn location and the creature is not there, you look for it. You actively make an effort to catch it. It doesn't magically appear out of nowhere, when it suddenly appears, that means someone else DID find and kill it, and then returns to the spawn spot to continue training.

If you just wait around you can get lucky that the fluff just happens to hop by again without anyone else chasing it, but that's what it would be: luck. Don't just wait, be active and actually find and kill it. It looks like that is what Ator was doing, which imho means he has more 'rights' (if any) to claim the spawn.

The first line of the chatlog you posted has ator saying (in a friendly way) that it is ator's spawn "ATOR: the grud my spawn :)". No need to post the rest of the chatlog, or to accuse him of something that you yourself were doing to him and not the other way around.

ATOR is my guildie and a very good friend irl, sometimes he makes mistakes (everyone can do mistakes) but when i saw this thread i called him on the phone and asked what happened.

Actually he killed the spawn when you were waiting on the spawn point then the fluf popped up and you say its ur spawn? thats kinda funny. I know nobody can OWN a spawn but you know we have some community rules. ATOR is not a kind of man that would serp or steal a spawn, so plz search a little before accusing people for stealing/serping spawn.

P.S. He doesnt know english well and i m translating all his words when i m online, his and ulu's. So, if you have any questions, just ask me, i ll call him and ask and reply here.

Thanks,

-Kad

If nobody was occupying the spawn, the Fluffy Rabbit would be running around freely, you wouldn't have to wait for it to spawn. This like Molime said, means somebody has already killed it.. And you got really angry pretty quick, when it looks like he was in the right, he stayed calm and polite. As for the whole "My Spawn" thing, if i walk into a spawn and kill a monster, then see somebody there i say sorry and leave, not that they own the spawn it's just normal, but just stay calm. There's plenty more spawns around.

If nobody was occupying the spawn, the Fluffy Rabbit would be running around freely, you wouldn't have to wait for it to spawn. This like Molime said, means somebody has already killed it.. And you got really angry pretty quick, when it looks like he was in the right, he stayed calm and polite. As for the whole "My Spawn" thing, if i walk into a spawn and kill a monster, then see somebody there i say sorry and leave, not that they own the spawn it's just normal, but just stay calm. There's plenty more spawns around.

Looks like the whole world and its dog disagrees with me!

BUT.

I dont think anything i said could be considered aggressive,please re-read the post!

Note i said i sat down to avoid further conflict

question. if I am on a spawn in n/e or n/w sk and I chase a fluff into the south (over the bridge) I would have left the spawn and would be gone quite a while in EL time!,if somebody waits, then goes onto the spawn ..i return is it still mine?

How long must a player sit at an empty spawn b4 it can be called his? 15 mins/30 mins/ A DAY!

If this is a genuine mistake by myself or ator lets draw a line under it and move on.

How long must a player sit at an empty spawn b4 it can be called his? 15 mins/30 mins/ A DAY!

If it's an empty spawn, you can sit there for 20 years and it's not "yours" because nothing is there and you have killed nothing. Sitting there while somebody else kills the creature will never make it "yours". It's not the location that counts, it's who is killing the creature wherever it roamed off to, that counts.

Again, nobody owns a spawn, this is all hypothetical at this point based on common sense and courtesy, not any rules per se. I say this as a player who does manage to train occasionally on cycs and gave up on fluffies due to a lack of concentration ability issue :P

if somebody waits, then goes onto the spawn ..i return is it still mine?

Sounds like here you are saying by sitting at a spawn, the person already there is obligated to give it you upon your convenience because you made the effort to show up and wait. This is not true.

If it's an empty spawn, you can sit there for 20 years and it's not "yours" because nothing is there and you have killed nothing. Sitting there while somebody else kills the creature will never make it "yours". It's not the location that counts, it's who is killing the creature wherever it roamed off to, that counts.

Agreed.

I think its been stressed well enough that you now know you never "own" a spawn, not even for a second. It isn't illegal even for someone to come in and serp/take someone's spawn. This seems just like a simple conflict over being courteous and needed more communication(lack thereof) to help understand the situation better. As long as you understand you never own a spawn, and should realize certain circumstances where a player must leave the spawn to search for his prey, etc, then this can be avoided in the future. :P

Edited by BEAVER

OK my last post on the subject.

I go to a fluff spawn ...nobody is on it...I wait..then I go look for the fluff,takes me anything between 1-5 mins to find fluff..I go back to spawn ,somebody has waited, decided nobody on spawn..he is now killing fluffs.I tell him its my spawn.

SOMEHOW doesnt seem to make sense to me!

and i do understand that nobody owns a spawn!

Edited by the_grud

The world isn't perfect. There is going to be misunderstandings. If you didn't want to take risks, then don't go find the fluf. Let someone find it and kill it for you while you wait at the spawn for, lets say, an hour. Leaving the spawn may open the opportunity for you to lose the spawn. Sorry, not everything is gonna go your way. Sometimes, if you can't work it out, you just leave the spawn and move on.

*Sidenote: Sorry, but at the rate of your restore spells, you probably shouldn't be on fluffies.

Edited by BEAVER

Well, people have pretty much said it, but another opinion won't hurt. :D

Sometimes when a fluff spawns, it just starts running away from you and you have to go chase after it. Perhaps he chased it for a few minutes, killed it, and took a few minutes to walk back. A fluff respawns in ~30 secs iirc. So what you did was wait where you knew the fluff spawned until it reappeared. You don't seem to understand that for it to respawn someone must kill it, and therefore he was on the spawn before you.

And by the way, don't train fluffs if you need to restore every ten seconds, that just takes up the damn spawns so people who really should be training them cannot get them. -.-

EDIT: And you should also request this topic be deleted, because ATOR did absolutely nothing wrong and you're just making him look bad by this topic existing. :P

Edited by Eternity

As far as I understand no-one owns a spawn, so if no-one was there when the the_grud sat and waited for quite some time, how can Ator claim the spawn as his? Surely it is common sense to just share the spawn, that would have kept them both happy.

When at a spot there are multiple spawns, I agree there should be no discussion about sharing. However, the spawn in question just has 1 fluffy, and for the major part of the community that means, if you see someone is there, you move on to look for another spawn.

I come across Ator quite often while training, has been like that for a few months now, and I have never had any issues with him like this. Seems to me that indeed the fluff ran off, Ator had to go after it, and upon return at respawn point, the grud had arrived. That fluffy is known to dwell even all the way to the DP entrance in SKF, which is quite a long walk, so it is very well possible that Ator got back to spawn quite a while after the respawn.

As far as I understand no-one owns a spawn, so if no-one was there when the the_grud sat and waited for quite some time, how can Ator claim the spawn as his? Surely it is common sense to just share the spawn, that would have kept them both happy.

did u just suggest to SHARE a SINGLE spawn? o_0

back on topic.. its a tuffy but yeah someone said it allready its a risk. If you wait at spawn someone could say its his because he killed it. If you go look for fluffy and come back to spawn and its occupied and the other one wont leave.. bad luck..

I only got to meet Ator once so i dont really know about him but he didnt seem like the type of person who would do that.

part of the post from ETERNITY

And by the way, don't train fluffs if you need to restore every ten seconds, that just takes up the damn spawns so people who really should be training them cannot get them. -.-

O ff topic a little but

This type of attitude really annoys me.

As i said a/d is not really important to me,sometimes I like a change from the usual trolls/ogres.and maybe I,ll get a drop.

Fluffies are not the property of hi A/D players or anybody else for that matter.

This is a GAME guys we all play it differently dont try to impose your way of playing on other players please.

If a player wants to train for a while on creatures who are really higher than he should ..live with it !

It's not 'training' then, it's just killing the thing. When there is a player involved, in my opinion, the guy killing it even though it's above his levels is the serper, not the guy who can actually train the creature.

It's not 'training' then, it's just killing the thing. When there is a player involved, in my opinion, the guy killing it even though it's above his levels is the serper, not the guy who can actually train the creature.

I disagree here.. Why do higher level players have more rights than lower level players (even though I can imagine that it is annoying).

On the actual topic though, what molime said really just sums it up (and Labrat's addition makes it even more obvious).

It's rather funny that the grud doesn't seem to understand why 'his' spawn wasn't jumped ^^

Hi Grud,

I had a similar thing happen to me with another player. I even had killed my first bunny (he said he was chasing it cross SKF) and really questioned it but did as you did and just left writting it down as an misunderstanding. I now know that player well and know he would not spawn serp. I can easly see how it can happen that two people think they are on a spawn when one fo them has just recently arived.

Hope this helps.

Attila

Edited by Inglor