Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest Logmar

The end of LOGMAR?

Guest Logmar

First and foremost I want to say, “Thank you.” to Davania for their concern about me. It is very heartfelt to know that the few friends I have made, in the two (2) months that I have played this game, care for me.

I have always tried to help others from day one, and I wish that I could continue to do so. Even though I am still a “noob”, I made every available chance I had to help another. For those who remember me I say, “Hello and God speed.”

Dear Radu, I really like your game and I commend you on creating such a wonderful and adventurous platform for us to make our lives a little more stress free, “Bravo”. This game provided a wonderful environment for me to socialize, wind down from my very dangerous and stressful job, and to experience my youth again.

To: Aislinn

You are very satirical and sadistic, and without feelings, compassion or knowledge of family life. You struck out at my family and I, calling me the prevaricator and cheat. I do not appreciate this it all. You have banned my entire family from playing this game. I do not believe this is in the spirit of Radu’s creation. Your vilifying acts are repugnant. You have accused me of an act of cheating and have claimed that my wife’s character and daughter’s character are not theirs at all but are mine. Very nice, being that they were still walking around on IP trying to figure out how to kill rabbits and beavers and haven’t even completed the tutorial quests, “Bravo!” You are the wisest of the wise! (A special note for you: in the last two sentences sarcasm was used)

A background of my characters…. Syeen is my first. I created him on April 11, 2008….this has just been a little over 2 months. I had no idea what I was doing on EL and just wanted a fun and entertaining outlet from my very stressful life and career. I placed pp’s in all of the wrong places and this made the game very stressful for my character play later on. I kept asking others, “What do I do now?” I did not need the added stress and I noticed that fighters had all the fun, especially when Radu kept having “invasions” and I had to sit on IP or in the sto and wait it out or die. I created Logmar, about 2 weeks ago, and followed Masterpiter’s plan on the pp placement. It worked and worked well! Logmar was becoming what I always wanted. However, I noticed that I would have to “waste” pp by placing them in a nex in order to make HE to fight. I sold everything and bought the HE’s from the guild bots and on some days the well became very dry. I had the gc but I could not find the HE’s on some days. Logmar is not in a guild, syeen is, and I had traded a lot of SR’s and HE’s with other guild members and friends. The trades were fair. I knew that those players had excessive amounts of SR’s and HE’s available and Logmar needed them. I traded what Logmar had the most of “ bones” to those players that could use them, for the HE’s and some SR’s. It was a trap! The rule 5 is a trap and unfair. No matter whom I trade with, it will eventually come around to me again. The intent of cheating was not there and will never be there. I was following the spirit of the game. The game is about trade, so make it so, and make it more user friendly please. I believe that I followed rule 5 as I had interpreted it. This is my request: 1) Please give a better definition of rule 5 and make it stick. 2) Please make trading fair between third parties, if the intent of cheating is not there. 3) Please do not ban other members if there have been no infractions of the rules broken by them. 4) Please give those who may have not clearly understood the rules a fair warning to make corrections prior to jumping the gun and banning them. 5) Please tell Aislinn that she or he is not a God, and should drop the godlike complex they have.

I have read other’s posts on this “ban” forum and I do not belong here. I was very hesitant on posting anything at all. I played your game, I like it, but I cannot wait a month to play it again. I either play it and continue to play it, or not at all. I now leave that decision up to you.

Here's the most recent example:

Fri Jun 20 23:51:33 2008 syeen withdrew 100 Health Essence

Fri Jun 20 23:51:34 2008 syeen withdrew 100 Health Essence

Fri Jun 20 23:51:34 2008 syeen withdrew 50 Health Essence

Sat Jun 21 00:02:38 2008 Logmar deposited 950 Health Essence

Sorry but your storage logs do not fit your story.

As to the other characters syeena and kayxar, considering what syeen and logmar's logs show, I have no reason to believe syeena is your daughter when your alt is named syeen, and kayxar never responded to you, and your characters moved in staggered actions on IP when I saw you. Why would you suddenly make them move in circles and walk when you saw me, yet it was one then the other?

Actually I'd like to comment that I find it sad that in the course of doing my job, I run into attitudes like this.

It is not my fault you felt you had the right to interpret a rule as you saw fit, and act upon that.

Rule 5 is clear. Just because you do not like it, does not make it not apply to you, nor does it make it fuzzy.

I'm very sorry but I acted upon what the logs show.

Ignorance is no excuse, nor is it any reason to attack me like you have.

Guest Logmar
Here's the most recent example:

Fri Jun 20 23:51:34 2008 syeen withdrew 100 Health Essence

Fri Jun 20 23:51:34 2008 syeen withdrew 50 Health Essence

Sat Jun 21 00:02:38 2008 Logmar deposited 950 Health Essence

Sorry but your storage logs do not fit your story.

As to the other characters syeena and kayxar, considering what syeen and logmar's logs show, I have no reason to believe syeena is your daughter when your alt is named syeen, and kayxar never responded to you, and your characters moved in staggered actions on IP when I saw you. Why would you suddenly make them move in circles and walk when you saw me, yet it was one then the other?

Because....

[20:40:32] [PM from kayxar: hey sexy get over here]

[20:40:44] [PM to kayxar: hi]

[20:40:55] [PM from kayxar: hello how are you?]

[20:41:04] [PM to kayxar: very vigorous]

[20:41:13] [PM from kayxar: really:P]

[20:41:40] [PM from kayxar: put the boy to bed and we can play....uhhh the game...for a while]

[20:42:35] [PM to rayna: awww my wife and i are standing together near the wraith]

[20:42:57] [PM from rayna: oh how nice, does she play too, or just started?]

[20:43:00] Logmar: how sweet

[20:43:26] [PM to rayna: she just started and doing the hunting quest now]

[20:43:43] Logmar: do you want me to get that beaver for you hunny

[20:43:57] [PM from rayna: oh, i hope she enjoys it, tell her im happy to help ]

[20:44:04] [PM from kayxar: no i can shave my own beaver baby]

[20:44:19] [PM to kayxar: /how sweet]

[20:44:29] [PM from kayxar: oops i am dripping now]

[20:45:00] [PM to rayna: lol i asked her if she wanted me to get that little beaver for her...and asilinn is standing next to us]

[20:45:06] [PM from kayxar: where do you want me... to go?]

[20:45:25] [PM to kayxar: i'll put junior to bed now]

[20:46:06] [PM from rayna: lol]

[20:46:35] [PM to rayna: since she is my wife can i trade with her?.....]

[20:46:44] #Message from God: america1 was eaten by a Grue (lagged out)!

[20:47:12] [PM to rayna: i noticed a little clause in the rules that says you have to proove a family member in order to do so]

[20:47:32] [PM to rayna: better to be safe though..so i wont]

[20:47:37] [PM from rayna: i dont know, if its on the same computer i dont think so, but you could get permission]

[20:47:47] #Message from God: america1 was eaten by a Grue (lagged out)!

[20:48:04] [PM from rayna: a friend got banned trading with daughter and took 2 hours to fix it]

[20:48:16] [PM to rayna: i dont want that!]

[20:48:41] [PM from rayna: no you dont, so tell them up front]

[20:50:39] [PM from kayxar: hey baby]

[20:50:45] Logmar: ohhh my wife is making me dizzy

[20:50:55] [PM from kayxar: no suprise!]

[20:50:55] #Message from God: america1 was eaten by a Grue (lagged out)!

[20:52:05] #Message from God: america1 was eaten by a Grue (lagged out)!

[20:52:23] [PM from kayxar: i am going to be having fun with this!!]

[20:52:43] [PM from kayxar: you are in trouble....]

[20:52:55] [PM from kayxar: i love you:P]

[20:53:14] [PM from kayxar: i am talking because i can lalalala]

[20:53:22] [PM from kayxar: you can't stop me]

[20:56:25] Going AFK

[20:56:59] Not AFK any more

[20:57:22] [PM from kayxar: lets go]

[20:57:38] Can't do, your target is already fighting with someone else, and this is not a multiple combat map.

[20:57:43] Can't do, your target is already fighting with someone else, and this is not a multiple combat map.

[20:58:40] [PM from kayxar: kill the beavers kille the beavers]

[20:58:49] [PM to kayxar: i shall kill it]

[20:58:55] [PM from Aislinn: if kayxar is your wife, who is syeen and syeena? O.o]

[20:58:57] [PM from kayxar: yeah!!!]

[20:59:48] [PM to Aislinn: ahhhh you are pretty good....syeena is my daughter..]

[21:00:18] [PM from rayna: have you ever used caltrops? do you know what to do with em?]

[21:00:45] [PM from Aislinn: and why did you put on such a show?]

[21:01:00] [PM from Aislinn: read rule 5 lately?]

[21:01:06] [PM to rayna: nope and aislinn knows about all of our chars syeena, kayxar, syeen and logmar..she is asking who they allm are]

[21:01:19] [PM to Aislinn: what show]

[21:01:27] [PM from Aislinn: nobody else was on kayxar but you :whistle:]

[21:01:58] [PM to Aislinn: no its my wife on our other computer would you like to say hi to her]

[21:02:09] [PM from Aislinn: *sighs*]

[21:02:16] [PM from Aislinn: so who is syeen?]

[21:02:21] [PM from Aislinn: your other daughter? :/]

[21:02:28] [PM to Aislinn: he is my pots maker]

[21:02:33] [PM from Aislinn: well no]

[21:02:36] [PM from Aislinn: can't do that]

[21:02:38] [PM from rayna: cool :confused:]

[21:02:44] [PM to Aislinn: he was my first char...his pps are horrible]

[21:02:45] [PM from Aislinn: read rule 5 please]

[21:02:58] [PM to Aislinn: i did...no trading on same IP]

[21:03:03] [PM from Aislinn: i see your storage logs]

[21:03:08] [PM from Aislinn: stuff is going around all over the place]

[21:04:34] [PM to Aislinn: logmar gives the bones to some friends of mine and i get the HE's from them... syeen makes HE and SR's and gives to some others...but never a direct]

[21:04:49] [PM from Aislinn: i see the stuff go from one to another]

[21:04:57] [PM from Aislinn: like bones, SR's, HE's]

[21:05:01] [PM from Aislinn: i SEE them]

[21:05:11] [PM to Aislinn: i have never directly traded....yes those]

[21:05:14] [PM from Aislinn: nooo]

[21:05:27] [PM from Aislinn: read rule 5 please]

[21:05:45] [PM from Aislinn: you can't use bags, or middlemen, or have 1 character help another character of yours in any way]

[21:06:13] [PM to Aislinn: i have....howcan i trade with anyone then?]

[21:06:33] [PM from Aislinn: you can't]

[21:06:38] [PM to Aislinn: eventually it will come back to me]

[21:06:41] [PM from Aislinn: no]

[21:06:56] [PM from Aislinn: can't do that]

[21:07:07] [PM from Aislinn: you cannot have one character make stuff then get it back on your alt]

[21:07:09] [PM to Aislinn: what do you recommend]

[21:07:10] [PM from Aislinn: or vice versa]

[21:07:16] [PM from Aislinn: well i recommend you read the rules]

[21:07:30] [PM to Aislinn: i thought i read them clearly]

[21:07:32] [PM from Aislinn: these characters have to be locked]

[21:07:37] [PM from Aislinn: how could you possibly?]

[21:07:47] [PM from Aislinn: it specifies you cannot do this]

[21:08:02] [PM to Aislinn: it says same IP]

[21:08:04] [PM from Aislinn: no middlemen, no bag trades, one character cannot help or gain benefit from another]

[21:08:21] [PM from Aislinn: yes, these 4 characters are on your IP]

[21:08:39] [PM to Aislinn: what about my daughter]

[21:08:53] [PM from Aislinn: i find it hard to believe your daughter wants your name]

[21:08:58] Logmar: ..i really wouldlike to play

[21:09:00] [PM from Aislinn: i have kids who play, not very likely]

[21:09:19] [PM from Aislinn: you can post in bans after you read rule 5 thoroughly]

Can I speak with someone who has come out of adolescence? This is really getting rediculous!

Can I speak with someone who has come out of adolescence? This is really getting rediculous!

Ditto on both counts here. I refuse to dignify this with any further discussion.

Guest Logmar

Ditto on both counts here. I refuse to dignify this with any further discussion.

Rule 5 is clear. Just because you do not like it, does not make it not apply to you, nor does it make it fuzzy.

I'm very sorry but I acted upon what the logs show.

I went back read and re-read your rule 5 and as it is written I understand it and agree that I broke your rule 5. Rule 5 is not that clear or I would not have broken it. Now and here my argument is about my family. I will defend my family until my last breath, and not you or anyone else will take that pride away from me. As I have wrote, above, I wish that my entire family had not been banished because YOU thought they were not my family. You are wrong. You have also broken rule 3 by your account and actions. Now go ban yourself.

Do not punish my wife and daughter for any actions I may have done. If you or anyone else of higher authority can help me in getting back into the game, then I would like that. I have none, I have had no intent, nor will I have any intent on cheating or breaking your rules. My last request is for clearification of the rule so that none may befall what I have. Free my peoples! Freedom is what I ask for and freedom for my family. Have I asked for too much?

Get a grip.

You owe Aislinn a huge apology for your ridiculous accusations and refusal to accept responsibility for your own actions.

She does her job in the manner that the game owners want, and does it with incredible grace and a blind eye to all the nastyiness some people spread around.

To post your chat log of totally unnecessary details and then say, "Can I speak with someone who has come out of adolescence?" is simply unfathomable.

Logmar is not in a guild, syeen is, and I had traded a lot of SR’s and HE’s with other guild members and friends. The trades were fair. I knew that those players had excessive amounts of SR’s and HE’s available and Logmar needed them. I traded what Logmar had the most of “ bones” to those players that could use them, for the HE’s and some SR’s. It was a trap! The rule 5 is a trap and unfair. No matter whom I trade with, it will eventually come around to me again. The intent of cheating was not there and will never be there. I was following the spirit of the game.

Well, that is a fair point, however when things 'come back' in ~10 minutes, it is very highly suspicious.

Rule 5 is simple: Do not trade between characters. Do not help one character with the other.

Trading resources through an intermediary is the same thing.

Guest Logmar
BTW, how old are you, your wife and your daughter?

I am 40, my wife 25, my daughter is 10 (she has never played in our absence)

I have begun to search for other games to play and my desire to play this game has started to fade rapidly. As I have stated before, I played this game to relieve stress, not to add more stress to my life. I cut into Aislinn harshly for three big reasons...1) She abruptly slammed the door in my face when I attempted to innocently describe the truth of what I had done (the chat log reveals such) 2) I am extremely furious over getting banned in this manner and any normal person would be 3) She not only cut off my play but that of my daughter's and the very next day was her birthday party

I agree that I have broken rule 5 but it was done with no intent to cheat.