Eternal Lands Official Forums
Chosen

Who do you think will win Euro 08?

Who Will Win Euro 2008?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win Euro 08?

• Spain
    • Germany
    • Russia
    • Turkey

It's terribly sad, but it seems Germany wins:(

Couldn't have been worse... maybe Italy or Portugal only:(

You just hate Germany cause they eliminated Poland :lipssealed:

<3

(funny how the dude [Podolski] born in Poland was the one who managed to score, twice in the game lol)

Umb :lipssealed:

Spain will win, trust me. I said they would destroy Russia, they did that easy enough, although I hope David Villa isn't injured. :(

Umb :D

Spain will win, trust me. I said they would destroy Russia, they did that easy enough, although I hope David Villa isn't injured. :(

Dream on, love :(

Germany's taking it this year. I don't talk to fans of Spain if Spain wins, so its on :lipssealed:

Umb :(

Dream on, love :D

Germany's taking it this year. I don't talk to fans of Spain if Spain wins, so its on :lipssealed:

Heheh, you can't not talk to me. :(:D

As I've said, It's going to be a good game for sure. I just hope Spain win, I don't think Germany have played well enough to win.

Oh, come back soon umb =p

Who would've guessed \o/

My friends at school have been mocking me because I thought that Spain even had a chance of winning ^^

They were all fans of Italy/Russia. I will laugh at them later today :lipssealed:

It doesn't matter who wins to me, but I prefer Spain

As the German said: Deutchland haben die beste Tournierspieler.

German will win, even though Spain will play 10 times better.

<3

(funny how the dude [Podolski] born in Poland was the one who managed to score, twice in the game lol)

Actually, I can't care less who eliminated badly playing Poland. They deserved being kicked off Championship and they got kicked off.

I was all after Dutchies and then Russia. Both teams play a very interesting, fast and nice for eye football.

Germany doesn't offer anything. It's just plain craftsmanship without a touch of genius. Boring. Very Italish too.

So... go Spain.

Not sure what's funny about Podolski scoring twice. He's playing for Germany, he's scoring for Germany. One of the best, if not the best German player in Championship.

<3

Actually, I can't care less who eliminated badly playing Poland. They deserved being kicked off Championship and they got kicked off.

I was all after Dutchies and then Russia. Both teams play a very interesting, fast and nice for eye football.

Germany doesn't offer anything. It's just plain craftsmanship without a touch of genius. Boring. Very Italish too.

So... go Spain.

Not sure what's funny about Podolski scoring twice. He's playing for Germany, he's scoring for Germany. One of the best, if not the best German player in Championship.

Own goals are always funny, two own goals in one match is hilarious of course. :(

lukas podolski isn't even the best german player in the team.

Schweinsteiger -> Ballack -> Podolski -> Klose -> Lahm ;)

(took the 5 most known)

Edited by Tempest

*whistles*

"Lukas Podolski (German pronunciation: [ˈluːkas poˈdɔlski]) (born as Łukasz Podolski on June 4, 1985 in Gliwice, Poland) , is a Polish born, German footballer who plays as a striker for Bayern Munich and is a member of the German national team."

it's ironic.. *cough*

And ok I get it the Russians are fast, but what tactic did they have?

Did you see the Turkey/Germany game? Those WERE some nice goals on the German side

and did you see Ballacks free kick against Austria? Pure power.

So don't bother telling me the Germans have no Genious in their plays. THe thing thats beautiful about Germany is that they have all good scorers, Klose, Podolski, Ballack (now too i guess ;)), Schweinsteiger, Lahm (whos a defender for fucks sake scored opening goal in world 2006, and a goal against turkey). Whats so beautiful about it is that it can be anyone, theyre not just lying back on one person to do all the work. Like Ronaldo - Portugal.

Edit: Lmao Temp, I just read your post, named the same top 5 players on the team :>

Edited by umbrena

lmao, i think, we need to clary something here:

Its football, ppl.

Not a beauty contest, there are no B-notes for style or good looking or who can run faster across the lawn or can do some funny moves ;)

The result of a game is measured in "goals" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_pitch#Goals) and thats it. Nothing more, nothing less.

So, other teams might be able to run better across the lawn, might have longer hair, a more tanned skin, might be able to do funny things with the ball, but thats just stuff for a circus or a freak show.

Goals is, what counts.

For example, Germany vs. Turkey in the 90th minute.

That was a goal scored by Lahm and we won. End of story, thats how the game is. And the goal wasnt that bad IMO, lol ;)

(To any turks who might read this: Youre gone for good after a hard fight, one of the top 4 teams in europe right now, which isnt that bad at all, i guess;) )

Piper

Soccer/football/fussball whatever, is my love.

I used to play for many years, grew up watching it.. and still follow the world cup and euro faithfully.

I wouldn't miss a single Germany match, no matter what the cost. I dont have very many passions in life anymore, but German soccer is one thats still going on for me, every two years siunce the euro and world cup interchange. I like looking forward to the games, making my predicitions (cried when italy beat germany in worlds - like a baby) I get into the game, I feel the emotions of everyone else. Dont get me wrong, I get that it's a game- but so what? It comes along every two years, and everyone discovers the soccer hooligan in me :P So even though theyre just goals, they all have something behind them. kicked in or henadbutted in, from this angle, passed from that person. The goals are the things that count, but the things that happen before it add emotions to the happening and add a lot more interest to the game.

For example, Lahms poor goal defending durring the Turkey game - but when he scored, he redeemed himself, he put his team over the edge just in the nick of time. All was forgiven, and the game is won.

Never underestimate the Germans.

After Half-Time they almost scored once. Just Micahael Barrack (or whatever his name is) missed it my like 6 inches. HE hit the side of the net.

I still think the Germans will tie it up.

Gratz Spain.

Like Tempest said.

Germans weren't aggresive enough.

Lmao, what a game and only one lousy goal in 90 minutes (i expected way more goals from both teams).

Congratulations Spain, you were the better team :happy:

(and i dont think, the game was that bad or ugly, i found it at least very entertaining :pickaxe: )

Piper