Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Affliction

Imortal Hour

ok. this is just an idea..

this would not be a random thing. it would only be as a reward for killing all the monsters in an invasion before a certain time..(determinded by radu of course)

IF we kill all the monsters before the time limit.. some time after the invasion. we get an IMORTAL HOUR. 1 hour where no one can die..

this would be alot of fun. 1 hour where you can fight ANYTHING! and not worry about dieing..

BUT.. this should only be a RARE event that has to be earned..

idk.. probably a bad idea.. i just thought i'd put it out there..

EDIT: there would be no drops for monsters during this hour.

EDIT#2: probably best to not get any a/d exp during this hour either.. it is ment for the fun of killing stuff.. not to get any personal gain from it.

and i know all the pkers are gonna complain b/c they cant kill stuff for 1 hour.. but honestly its not gonna hurt you for 1 hour...

Edited by jizzy

First real downside I can see would be the exploit bit whereby people reduce something to within one hit for a kill then flee and wait til the hour is up and finish teh beast off for teh drops?

First real downside I can see would be the exploit bit whereby people reduce something to within one hit for a kill then flee and wait til the hour is up and finish teh beast off for teh drops?

Like someone would care to do that... Maybe the only thing that could benefit from it is when killing dragon. But even then there will be lots of people camping around there.

anyway, bad idea.

so if you can dont die then what u gonna do? its like asking radu to give you 1000 p/c for an hour :D

My take on this would be ideal for harvesters (who needs to worry about harvesting with 2 health?)

Great for the harvesters but it would suck to be a bagjumper.

Remember folks - bagjumpers are people too.

That would be more or less like a peace day..

on peace day no one can train. all it can be done is mine laying.

the day would be a mix of peace day, no drop day and a normal day, meaning no one would die (creatures wouldn't either), nothing would be dropped during that hour because nothing is killed... all that could happen would be breaking armor.

So lets imagine an ebul pov that the star alignment would cause such an interference with the magnetic fields and cosmic powers of the yellow oranges of mount sorrow that would create the Immortal Hour, but during the immortal hour the break rate is higher :)

If you can't die then why wear armor when you fight? If people are smart I doubt you would have many breaks not to mention not having to use restore or potions. The only people this day would benefit would be mixers and harvesters. For the reason LabRat stated above and the fact that mixers can eat toadies without dying of food poison when mixing.

meaning no one would die (creatures wouldn't either)

If that was the case then the fights would last forever or at least until someone dissed. If you get no exp, noone dies, and you don't get any drops then why fight.....

I know a lot of people that would abuse this to get past the guardbots ... and if guardbots could kill you a lot of people that would still try thinking it they couldn't kill you.

If you can't die then why wear armor when you fight?

good thinking.

don't tell me if you couldn't die you wouldn't try the hardest thing available? your best set of armor to get defense xp and weapon to get attack and off you go to dragons.

without armor no good going for high level creatures.

about the bots... there is always someone trying or wining about it when they can't like with the Dao map bot.

your bot attacked 4 seconds after someone entered the map. you better stop accusing people just because you haven't been smart enough to get a rule friendly setup for the bot.

your bot attacked 4 seconds after someone entered the map. you better stop accusing people just because you haven't been smart enough to get a rule friendly setup for the bot.

afaik pk server has no bots

i never had any bot in game and will never have as I have no programming skills and don't plan on contracting such services

there were more bots attacking after 5 seconds, I have no idea what they did to it after that being discussed as I must be one of the few people that thinks that GUILD MAPS are for the guilds that payed for them. The bots are there not for training but for keeping it clean. For me they could auto-attack i wouldn't care. If you were there and died it's because you shouldn't be there in the first place.

If you want to get into a guilld map talk to the guild before you do. If you can't do that and want to go in the map and PK low level guildies pvping, death suits you right.

Have a nice day

PS: this is my opinion and nothing you will say will make me change my mind.

I know a lot of people that would abuse this to get past the guardbots ... and if guardbots could kill you a lot of people that would still try thinking it they couldn't kill you.

Couldn't this hour just no occur in guild maps? Similar to how bots can attack on peace day?

How much would those ppl trying to sneak into guildmaps win anyway? Ok they get in the map, guardbot attacks them, they dis (they can't die but fighting the bot is not what they came here in the first place), go somewhere they need to go, the guardbots attack them again when they find them. So it's a cat and mouse game imho. I'd love to see some high level PKer run around a map trying to get to arena with a guardbot on his tail :)

How much would those ppl trying to sneak into guildmaps win anyway? Ok they get in the map, guardbot attacks them, they dis (they can't die but fighting the bot is not what they came here in the first place), go somewhere they need to go, the guardbots attack them again when they find them. So it's a cat and mouse game imho. I'd love to see some high level PKer run around a map trying to get to arena with a guardbot on his tail :D

Not all the maps are set up this way.

Not to mention theres still the valid point that a pker could get to a place they'd log off at and wait til the guardbot as auto returned to its point of origin ..then log back in when the #day ends and take out anyone in there without being in "range" of the guardbot anymore. Of course if a bot admin is on when it happens the bot could then manually go "welcome" the intruder, but that requires them to be on, doesnt it?

No, sorry but I think this idea is a bit pointless altogether, theres nothing that to me suggests it hold any actual value or merit other than to the careless fighter...and I speak as a careless fighter here. Dis ftw.