USA 2008 Elections

Who are you going to vote for?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you going to vote for?

• Obama
    • McCain
    • Other (please specify)
    • No one

This country was founded on Biblical principles. And you see where that got us? IMO when this country started stepping away from those, the country started to plunge downhill to where it is now.

Thats just my opinion.

And when exactly did Rome start to go down hill?

or Babalyon?

or the British Empire?

No offensce Kid, but as you get older and read more books, you will come to the realization that "your" (or any country) seems to be always going down hill, and the next generation of Kids are going to hell in a hand basket,

Change happens

and market problems like this in happen historicly every 17 years or so, and it will continue to happen in the future.

If every one shut off CNN we will all be better off.

No need for flames.

I said it was my opinion. Does not have to be yours.

2008 PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE COMPARISON TALKING POINTS

ISSUE

JOHN McCAIN

BARAK OBAMA

Favors new drilling offshore US

Yes

No

Will appoint judges who interpret the law not make it

Yes

No

Served in the US Armed Forces

Yes

No

Amount of time served in the US Senate

22 YEARS

173 DAYS

Will institute a socialized national health care plan

No

Yes

Supports abortion throughout the pregnancy

No

Yes

Would pull troops out of Iraq immediately

No

Yes

Supports gun ownership rights

Yes

No

Supports homosexual marriage

No

Yes

Proposed programs will mean a huge tax increase

No

Yes

Voted against making English the official language

No

Yes

Voted to give Social Security benefits to illegals

No

Yes

CAPITAL GAINS TAX

MCCAIN

0% on home sales up to $500,000 per home (couples). McCain does not propose any change in existing home sales income tax.

OBAMA

28% on profit from ALL home sales. (How does this affect you? If you sell your home and make a profit, you will pay 28% of your gain on taxes. If you are heading toward retirement and would like to down-size your home or move into a retirement community, 28% of the money you make from your home will go to taxes. This proposal will adversely affect the elderly who are counting on the income from their homes as part of their retirement income.)

DIVIDEND TAX

MCCAIN

15% (no change)

OBAMA

39.6% - (How will this affect you? If you have any money invested in stock market, IRA, mutual funds, college funds, life insurance, retirement accounts, or anything that pays or reinvests dividends, you will now be paying nearly 40% of the money earned on taxes if Obama becomes president. The experts predict that 'Higher tax rates on dividends and capital gains would crash the stock market, yet do absolutely nothing to cut the deficit.')

INCOME TAX

MCCAIN

(no changes)

Single making 30K - tax $4,500

Single making 50K - tax $12,500

Single making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 60K- tax $9,000

Married making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 125K - tax $31,250

OBAMA (reversion to pre-Bush tax cuts)

Single making 30K - tax $8,400

Single making 50K - tax $14,000

Single making 75K - tax $23,250

Married making 60K - tax $16,800

Married making 75K - tax $21,000

Married making 125K - tax $38,750

Under Obama, your taxes could almost double!

INHERITANCE TAX

MCCAIN

- 0% (No change, Bush repealed this tax) < /div>

OBAMA

Restore the inheritance tax

Many families have lost businesses, farms, ranches, and homes that have been in their families for generations because they could not afford the inheritance tax. Those willing their assets to loved ones will only lose them to these taxes.

NEW TAXES PROPOSED BY OBAMA

New government taxes proposed on homes that are more than 2400 square feet. New gasoline taxes (as if gas weren't high enough already) New taxes on natural resources consumption (heating gas, water, electricity) New taxes on retirement accounts, and last, but not least....New taxes to pay for socialized medicine so we can receive the same level of medical care as other third-world countries!!!

Edited by Kidberg

No need for flames.

ISSUE

JOHN McCAIN

BARAK OBAMA

Yes

No

Yes

No

Yes

No

22 YEARS

173 DAYS

No

Yes

No

Yes

No

Yes

Yes

No

No

Yes

No

Yes

No

Yes

No

Yes

CAPITAL GAINS TAX

MCCAIN

0% on home sales up to $500,000 per home (couples). McCain does not propose any change in existing home sales income tax.

OBAMA

28% on profit from ALL home sales. (How does this affect you? If you sell your home and make a profit, you will pay 28% of your gain on taxes. If you are heading toward retirement and would like to down-size your home or move into a retirement community, 28% of the money you make from your home will go to taxes. This proposal will adversely affect the elderly who are counting on the income from their homes as part of their retirement income.)

This whole thing was copy pasted from an email forward that's going around, and the above snipet is simply false, as the part about the income tax brackets. FactCheck ftw!

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/woul...ofits_if_i.html

No need for flames.

ISSUE

JOHN McCAIN

BARAK OBAMA

Yes

No

Define Offshore?

Yes

No

Every President apoints Judges name one that has not

Yes

No

Who cares? He was a piss poor soldier then, give us RAMBO!

22 YEARS

173 DAYS

Good point, but do you trust ever senetor, congresman has your best intrest in heart, less time served=less time to be bought.

No

Yes

A healthy worker bee is more productive to a soceity then one dieing in a ditch

No

Yes

No

Yes

Yeah, that was a hell of a good idea going in the first place

Yes

No

Ownership rights should include everyone yes? I own guns for hunting, but I do not think it is my civil right to own machine guns, nor am I allowed to run a F1 racing car to get to work

No

Yes

Why not, that could be as high as 23% of your nations vote. and re-read your civil rights, all men-treated-underlaw-etc..If people wanted to marry let them, what is the problem? live and let live

No

Yes

Mccain lies here, as Bush ran yas-all americanaos so far into the ground what choice do they have, oh and bail out the most greedy bastards on the planet with 700+ billion dollars +tax cuts

No

Yes

Not too far past in the US history English won by a few votes to spansih as the official language..did you think this issue would just die?

No

Yes

Without immigration, usa would be a very different place,

CAPITAL GAINS TAX

MCCAIN

Doesnt he own 500 houses?

OBAMA

Welcome to the rest of the western world

DIVIDEND TAX

MCCAIN

15% (no change)

OBAMA

39.6% - (How will this affect you? If you have any money invested in stock market, IRA, mutual funds, college funds, life insurance, retirement accounts, or anything that pays or reinvests dividends, you will now be paying nearly 40% of the money earned on taxes if Obama becomes president. The experts predict that 'Higher tax rates on dividends and capital gains would crash the stock market, yet do absolutely nothing to cut the deficit.')

INCOME TAX

MCCAIN

(no changes)

Single making 30K - tax $4,500

Single making 50K - tax $12,500

Single making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 60K- tax $9,000

Married making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 125K - tax $31,250

OBAMA (reversion to pre-Bush tax cuts)

Single making 30K - tax $8,400

Single making 50K - tax $14,000

Single making 75K - tax $23,250

Married making 60K - tax $16,800

Married making 75K - tax $21,000

Married making 125K - tax $38,750

Under Obama, your taxes could almost double!

INHERITANCE TAX

MCCAIN

- 0% (No change, Bush repealed this tax) < /div>

OBAMA

Restore the inheritance tax

Many families have lost businesses, farms, ranches, and homes that have been in their families for generations because they could not afford the inheritance tax. Those willing their assets to loved ones will only lose them to these taxes.

NEW TAXES PROPOSED BY OBAMA

New government taxes proposed on homes that are more than 2400 square feet. New gasoline taxes (as if gas weren't high enough already) New taxes on natural resources consumption (heating gas, water, electricity) New taxes on retirement accounts, and last, but not least....New taxes to pay for socialized medicine so we can receive the same level of medical care as other third-world countries!!!

I wont comment on taxes as I am too busy fighting with norweigens over who pays the most taxes.......................................But hey, welcome to the western world, you had it too good for too long

I wouldn't rely much on chain e-mails for information. Some of that stuff is pretty funny though.

One fact that people may not be aware of is that Barack Obama resides in and represents one of the most culturally and economically diverse areas in the United States and possibly the world. He is "of the people", he appeals to many people who are in different situations, this is why he is so popular, and may be why people are scared of him.

Anyway, there is a debate tonight, should be interesting.

no offense m8

But CNN

Foxnews

Washintonpost?

These are teh most bloated/biased/screaming/loud bunch of media monkeys on this planet the same bunch that can make news for 10 hours a day out of Britney spears, or OJ Simpson. I would personaly rather listen to a gypsy tea leaf fortune teller.

not sure who aarp is I cant comment on that source

no offense m8

But CNN

Foxnews

Washintonpost?

These are teh most bloated/biased/screaming/loud bunch of media monkeys on this planet the same bunch that can make news for 10 hours a day out of Britney spears, or OJ Simpson. I would personaly rather listen to a gypsy tea leaf fortune teller.

not sure who aarp is I cant comment on that source

Washington Post is pretty respected, and CNN is OK for what it is.

AARP is the old folks lobby.

i have an idea, lets vote me into office, im not a politician and still think i might actually be able to change something, lol, at any rate i couldnt be much worse of a VP than Palin so ill settle for being a running mate.

I agree. With those two, George Bush would be better off staying in office....rofl.

Please no flame me for saying GB staying in office kk? Ty

Yeah, I think he is as good as the other two assholes.. (well, 4 if you include Biden and Palin).

interesting...

This election has me very worried. So many things to consider. About a year ago I would have voted for Obama. I have changed my mind three times since than. I watch all the news channels, jumping from one to another. I must say this drives my family crazy. But, I feel if you view MSNBC, CNN, and Fox News, you might get some middle ground to work with. About six months ago, I started thinking "where did the money come from for Obama". I have four daughters who went to College, and we were middle class, and money was tight. We (including my girls) worked hard and there were lots of student loans.

I started looking into Obama's life.

Around 1979 Obama started college at Occidental in California. He is very open about his two years at Occidental, he tried all kinds of drugs and was wasting his time but, even though he had a brilliant mind, did not apply himself to his studies. "Barry" (that was the name he used all his life) during this time had two roommates, Muhammad Hasan Chandoo and Wahid Hamid, both from Pakistan. During the summer of 1981, after his second year in college, he made a "round the world" trip. Stopping to see his mother in Indonesia, next Hyderabad in India, three weeks in Karachi, Pakistan where he stayed with his roommate's family, then off to Africa to visit his father's family. My question - Where did he get the money for this trip? ! Nether I, nor any one of my children would have had money for a trip like this when they where in college. When he came back he started school at Columbia University in New York. It is at this time he wants everyone to call him Barack - not Barry. Do you know what the tuition is at Columbia? It's not cheap! to say the least. Where did he get money for tuition? Student Loans? Maybe. After Columbia, he went to Chicago to work as a Community Organizer for $12,000. a year. Why Chicago? Why not New York? He was already living in New York.

By "chance" he met Antoin "Tony" Rezko, born in Aleppo Syria, and a real estate developer in Chicago. Rezko has been convicted of fraud and bribery this year. Rezko, was named "Entrepreneur of the Decade" by the Arab-American Business and Professional Association". About two years later, Obama entered Harvard Law School. Do you have any idea what tuition is for Harvard Law School? Where did he get the money for Law School? More student loans? After Law school, he went back to Chicago. Rezko offered him a job, which he turned down. But, he did take a job with Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland. Guess what? They represented "Rezar" which Rezko's firm. Rezko was one of Obama's first major financial contributors when he ran f! or offi ce in Chicago. In 2003, Rezko threw an early fundraiser for Obama which Chicago Tribune reporter David Mendelland claims was instrumental in providing Obama with "seed money" for his U.S. Senate race. In 2005, Obama purchased a new home in Kenwoood District of Chicago for $1.65 million (less than asking price). With ALL those Student Loans - Where did he get the money for the property? On the same day Rezko's wife, Rita, purchased the adjoining empty lot for full price. The London Times reported that Nadhmi Auchi, an Iraqi-born Billionaire loaned Rezko $3.5 million three weeks before Obama's new home was purchased. Obama met Nadhmi Auchi many times with Rezko.

Now, we have Obama running for President. Valerie Jarrett, was Michele Obama's boss. She is now Obama's chief advisor and he does not make any major decisions without talking to her first. Where was Jarrett born? Ready for this? Shiraz, Iran! Do we see a pattern here? Or am I going crazy?

On May 10, 2008 The Times reported, Robert Malley advisor to Obama was "sacked" after the press found out he was having regular contacts with "Hamas", which controls Gaza and is connected with Iran. This past week, buried in the back part of the papers, Iraqi newspapers reported that during Obama's visit to Iraq, he asked their leaders to do nothing about the war until after he is elected, and he will "Take care of things".

Oh, and by the way, remember the college roommates that where born in Pakistan? They are in charge of all those "small" Internet campaign contribution for Obama. Where is that money coming from? The poor and middle class in this country? Or could it be from the Middle East?

And the final bit of news. On September 7, 2008, The Washington Times posted a verbal slip that was made on "This Week" with George Stephanapoulos. Obama on talking about his religion said, "My Muslim faith". When questioned, "he make a mistake". Some mistake!

All of the above information I got on line. If you would like to check it - Wikipedia, encyclopedia, Barack Obama; Tony Rezko; Valerie Jarrett: Daily Times - Obama visited Pakistan in 1981; The Washington Times - September 7, 2008; The Times May 10, 2008.

Now the BIG question - If I found out all this information on my own, Why haven't all of our "intelligent" members of the press been reporting this?

Heres the link to the ‘slip’: read the Washington Times article yourself, make your own decision.

Heres a link to current news: http://[url="http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/oct/10/obama-sought-to-sway-iraqis-on-bush-deal/?page=3 " /url]

Edited by Burfoot

Thank you, Burfoot. It cheered me up knowing that there's still some people that look into who is going to be our next President, instead of just voting for someone because he makes them feel good. :pickaxe:

While McCain is by no means perfect, and there are things I do NOT like about him, I think this is one of the cases where the phrase "Lesser of two evils" works well, I think.

By the way, did you hear about the Police storming ACORN? Apparently, they had 8,000 people signed up to vote (for Obama, of course. :pickaxe:) that don't exist. Interesting...

Edited by LIGHTspeed

Obama. But wait another 8 years and George Bush J.R.'s son will be in office :l

I think they are both the WORST choice. Just vote for a 3rd party..

History has shown that voting for a third party = a vote for democrat party - that's how the dumbass Slick-Willy got into Office -and the best thing that came out of that he stayed in NY and didn't return to Arkansas xd!

yes i'm from Arkansas

Edited by Burfoot

I think they are both the WORST choice. Just vote for a 3rd party..

History has shown that voting for a third party = a vote for democrat party

You mean, all those third parties are even further to the right than the republican party?

History has shown that voting for a third party = a vote for democrat party - that's how the dumbass Slick-Willy got into Office -and the best thing that came out of that he stayed in NY and didn't return to Arkansas xd!

yes i'm from Arkansas

Yes, but if you are never goign to vote for a 3rd party, things will never change.

Right now, both Obama an McCain are as bad as possible, so this is the right time to do it.

Haha! I'm not old enough to vote yet, but watching this debate has been interesting!

I want to add on to Burfoot's slander of Obama-

There was a documentary on Political Scandals. One of the scandals was during the presidential primaries.

---Obama was running against a man whose name escapes me. His opponent was by far surpassing him in the primary elections. Then, news leaked of this man's social life.. He went to sex clubs, and made his wife go with him. His ratings plummeted, and he dropped out of the race.

So.. Basically Obama owes his career to sex clubs. I don't know how much of a better candidate he was, but anyone would be better than the candidates now..

Also, something to consider is that whomever is elected between the main-party candidates will die eventually... Obama will undoubtedly be murdered by some racist person/group, and McCain is so old he may die in office.. So look at their vices (Who suck as well, but are better than their presidents)...

(Watch the FBI hunt me down now for stating the obvious :( )

--Air

At this point, everyone has an idea of who/what they want to vote for....so just go! Get and out vote today, everyone (in the US who can)!

Another time for us dumb europeans to learn from the all-so-wise United States what democracy really is about. :icon13: