Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Geneams

Rule 5

Hey, I'm leaving EL very soon, and have 2 characters, one worth a good bit more than the other. I plan on selling the one that is worth a lot more for GC to go to my cruddy one, and then finding someone to buy the GC for USD. Is this illegal? And if it is, because the rules say benefit, if I showed that I didn't use 1 single solitary GC that I got for the character sale how would it still be illegal. I just want to quit the game and sell my characters without getting in trouble, which is why instead of trying to sneak through, I'm asking on a public forum. I would rather not get banned so a response from someone who is able to answer with a little authority would be great. Thanks a lot.

Geneams

There was a thread exactly about this very issue just a week or so ago.

If you plan to sell your both characters and quit the game, I guess that's OK, since it does not benefit the other char.

But you can't, for example, sell your second character WITH the GC on it, or decide not to sell the gc for usd.

Either way, if you actually plan to do that, contact Aislinn before you do so.

I plan on selling the one that is worth a lot more for GC to go to my cruddy one,
This part is illegal.

and then finding someone to buy the GC for USD.
Why can't you just do this from the character the gc is already on?

I just want to quit the game and sell my characters without getting in trouble,
Then just do so as they are. Either way you end up with the $$$.

The problem is the person I want to sell my character to is offering GC, and rather than making his life and mine a lot harder, I'd just be able to give it all to one character and then sell one lump sum instead of 2 smaller sums, and I'm only selling 1 character and everything both are worth, just incase I get addicted again I don't have to start back at 0.

Ok, here is a compromise, but you will have to do it exactly as described:

1. Make a new character

2. Sell your main character (at your own risk, of course).

3. Put all the money on the newly created character.

4. Do NOT use that character for anything, no harvesting, no muling, no nothing!

5. Only trade between your main character TO the new character, NOT the other way around. So putting stuff BACK on your main character from the new character is NOT allowed.

6. Once when you are done selling the GC for usd, delete the new character.

I'd like to add that this does not mean you can empty the storage from the one you are selling onto your alt either.

Hrm? So right now I can sell my character for GC to be given to this ALT, and transfer the GC from the character I'm keeping to the ALT, then selling the GC from the Alt, then deleting the ALT?

Yes that sounds right. (The GC from the alt is being sold for rl $$$ right?)

Also I would like to add that ANY transactions that anybody is thinking of doing along this line will need to be approved on a case by case basis so everyone please don't go assuming you can mix and match transactions and characters and trades at your whim.