Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

Should the Hydro-Nexus NPC be removed?

Should the Hydro-Nexus NPC be removed?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Type the #pki command and check your PK Fights count.

• Yes, it should be removed and i have 50 or more PK fights.
    • No, it should not be removed and i have 50 or more PK fights.
    • Yes, it should be removed and i have less than 50 PK fights.
    • No, it should not be removed and i have less than 50 PK fights.

1. Give 700kgc per purchased pickpoint back to players, or even consumable, sellable items to that value (if you specifically dont want it to be gc... if you make it HE/SR/AE's, u offer them resources to either sell for gc already in the game, or to use to level their skills further)

All korrde is basilly suggesting is to make the game better, fairer, now that i think of it i would not want to die by luci who has almsot all attributes maxed, while im the same oa but i only have like 3 and half out of 6.. while he's 5/6 max attributes..

and you'd loose nothing but gain back your bars, stones.. etc.. you spent on the nexus..

Btw korrde, how bout luci? I've heard he's spent over 20 grand in real life, on Eternal Lands how would he get his money back? it's not like the'll offer him 100 therm serps? ;P

Just because you buy items from the shop does not mean you are above our rules. So by reading this you acknowledge that if you do break the game rules and you get banned from the game, you will NOT be refunded any money . It's pretty much the same thing as going to a theme park and causing trouble, you will most likely be kicked out without a refund. Same thing applies for less severe punishments, such as an inventory clean.

Edited by xleminemxl

Everyone likes to be able to buy a nexus.

Everyone likes to be able to remove a nexus.

Close to everyone agrees pp buying is lame.

:D

Personally I have not voted but I am in the same school of thought as many people on here. It's fine to buy nexus and it's fine to remove nexus but pp buying should be removed. So I'd have to say I like the idea of having natural and actual nexus to make sure people don't abuse the nexus removal system.

Everyone likes to be able to buy a nexus.

Everyone likes to be able to remove a nexus.

Close to everyone agrees pp buying is lame.

:D

amen.

That pretty much applies to everything. For example, it is OK for me to speed, but others who speed are dangerous assholes.

Btw korrde, how bout luci? I've heard he's spent over 20 grand in real life, on Eternal Lands how would he get his money back? it's not like the'll offer him 100 therm serps? ;P

Just because you buy items from the shop does not mean you are above our rules. So by reading this you acknowledge that if you do break the game rules and you get banned from the game, you will NOT be refunded any money . It's pretty much the same thing as going to a theme park and causing trouble, you will most likely be kicked out without a refund. Same thing applies for less severe punishments, such as an inventory clean.

lol Talk about mis-quote:

Try using it in the right context of bans :D

So by reading this you acknowledge that if you do break the game rules and you get banned from the game, you will NOT be refunded any money . It's pretty much the same thing as going to a theme park and causing trouble, you will most likely be kicked out

edit: And no I dont think refunds should be given, just quoting something that far out of context gives the wrong impression IMHO

Edited by conavar

even if its removed.. the only thing that would bring everything back to normal *let the slaughtering begin* would be an attribute and oa wipe combined with removing the removal stones. so the pickpoints

that are allready in the game are gone as well. dont think if a refund is actually that necesarry. sure ppl spend time and stuff into buying nexus and/or removing it. but so did i too and if it would be for getting everything in a straight way again i would accept this wipe without refund.

but since i dont see that happening i guess its just better to learn to live with it as it is. everyone has the chance of buying nexus and/or removing it. so a equal chance for all. the only difference is some can do it faster than others but thats not such a biggie in my oppinion if someone can spend more time or money than someone else.. you should get advantages if you put more time or money into this.

bah.. guess my grammar sucked at most places again.. buts just my oppinion. feel free to slaughter

#edit: just noticed some controverses in my text oO dont mind them -,-

Edited by Scorpius

One interesting thing I find in this poll is that the number of non-fighters who voted they think we should keep the NPC outnumbers all the fighters who voted either way in total. It shows this npc is most likely being used (or planned on being used) by all types of players.

That pretty much applies to everything. For example, it is OK for me to speed, but others who speed are dangerous assholes.
:)

If the NPC in question had just been added by surprise and no one knew about it before, maybe then this new poll could make sense for me.

As far as I know, and I never used to read many posts on fighting before moving server, there was a discussion to know if the NPC should be implemented. The community was questioned about it and they said yes.

During the first years there was no COL in game and people trained long hours with low health and leather armor and now they see n00bs level with COL, Titanium Plate set, MoL, rosto, etc. Maybe this isn't fair for them and they should be removed (or we can all adapt to the game changes).

I have never used Hydro for nexus, don't know if I ever will, but as long as it is a reason for keeping people playing actively and with interest in achieving a goal in the game I am all for it.

lol the CoL and those armors offer a single, static advantage. They're hardly comparable to the hydro-nex NPC.

...maybe if you could wear an unlimited amount of CoL's and every additional one you put on gave you another 150 health, then they'd be comparable :D

The community was questioned about it and they said yes.

If that happened, Nexus Removal stones wouldn't have existed at the time. So it's invalid.

Seems I cant hold myself back from continuing to post counter-arguments, someone please lock the thread before i get Radu even more pissed with me :icon13:

Edited by Korrode

removing this npc is pretty stupid idea from some1 who cant afford to buy pp's and because of it he's jealous on others who buy pickpoints.

besides 700k as compensation isnt good enough considering that stones used to cost 500k gc. anyway i wonder what i would do with 30+ mil gc...if this npc didnt exist i and others like me wouldnt have anything to spend gc on.

Rather get rid of attribute caps than this npc :icon13:

removing this npc is pretty stupid idea from some1 who cant afford to buy pp's and because of it he's jealous on others who buy pickpoints.
And the opinion of someone who's addicted to that NPC is without a doubt more bias.

besides 700k as compensation isnt good enough considering that stones used to cost 500k gc.
Thats a fair point, i do agree that you should be compensated to the full amount of what you've spent.

anyway i wonder what i would do with 30+ mil gc...if this npc didnt exist i and others like me wouldnt have anything to spend gc on.
Every pr0/rare wep armor in the game and HE+SR/AE to level yourself to rank 1 a/d. :D

Rather get rid of attribute caps than this npc :icon13:
Of course you would :) Edited by Korrode

level to 1 a/d? u just prooved u r totally out of your mind...from my def lvl to #1 def lvl is like 200 mil exp(or even more)..and i made 2 def lvl(40mil) since december...so with my current speed it would take me almost 3 years to make it :D

well i'd rather buy pickpoints than train. :icon13:

If that happened, Nexus Removal stones wouldn't have existed at the time. So it's invalid.

You are very lucky that I didn't read this garbage in the morning, before drinking my coffee.

How about you get some accurate information before posting?

@Entropy

The Hydro-Nexus NPC came after the Nexus Removal stones?

--------------------

EDIT:

level to 1 a/d? u just prooved u r totally out of your mind...from my def lvl to #1 def lvl is like 200 mil exp(or even more)..and i made 2 def lvl(40mil) since december...so with my current speed it would take me almost 3 years to make it :)

well i'd rather buy pickpoints than train. ;)

This is exactly my point, and exactly why i believe buying pickpoints is over-powered.

Edited by Korrode

I am not sure which came first, but when the poll was made it was very clear (I even explicitly specified) that people will be able to buy PPs via the NPC+ nexus removal stone.

Ok, i haven't read the entire thread yet (14 pages long :S), but, here is post #4 from that thread:

Is this only for nexusses or also pp's for phys/coord or what ever ? Either way it's a great idea! I voted yes.

Only for nexuses.

Otherwise people would be able to put eveerything in p/c and become way too strong.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...showtopic=29798

EDIT:

That thread's an interesting read. The issue of these nexus pp's somehow being transferable back to attribute pp's is discussed extensively. Even some now pp buyers conceded that being able to buy pp's for attributes is not a good idea.

Szatan has a pretty good idea in that thread, he suggests 2 NPC's, 1 that sells nexus, 1 that removes nexus.

You make a choice which NPC you want to be able to use, once you choose one, the only way to change your choice is with #reset.

It would require removing the nexus removal stones from the game, but it's an answer that means no flagging certain nexuses as bought with bars, no keeping track of OA VS pp's, etc.

Edited by Korrode

One issue I can see with the whole nexus npc idea is he ignores anti-social. Players can get an easy 10 pp's for being anti and still buy pp's from the npc :lurker:

Maybe the pickpoints given by anti should be increased from 10 to 15, but then all npc's (apart from the wraith and priests)ignore you, and that includes quest npc's ( tankels daughter etc), C1-C2 boat npc and nexus npc etc.

One issue I can see with the whole nexus npc idea is he ignores anti-social. Players can get an easy 10 pp's for being anti and still buy pp's from the npc :lurker:

Maybe the pickpoints given by anti should be increased from 10 to 15, but then all npc's (apart from the wraith and priests)ignore you, and that includes quest npc's ( tankels daughter etc), C1-C2 boat npc and nexus npc etc.

how about harvesters who take icd, getting attacked by swarms of bees instead of single bees?

ICD = 15 defense penalty when fighting multiple opponents

Cant see where it says changes harvest events and /or causes a single bee to clone into a swarm hmmm :lurker:

where as

Anti = No npc will sell/buy stuff from you (eeek but they do :P ), you can still buy sigils from the magic shop and use storage.

Im talking about the spirit of the neg perk, and being able to buy pp's and use quest npc's imo goes against the spirit of anti . If you want 10 easy pp's (like me) then fine but you shouldnt be able to buy pickpoints as well .

edit: shouldnt really be able to buy sigils either imo

Edited by conavar

i just don't see why you guys keep discussing such minor things like descriptions/definitions of bad effects of neg Perks ;p

Cant see where it says changes harvest events and /or causes a single bee to clone into a swarm hmmm :lurker:

maybe this can be changed , too :P

Many people wouldn't take the anti perk if it didn't allow the nexus buying.

Furthermore, at the time the NPC was added many people already had anti, and would have been very unfair to them not to be able to buy nexuses.

From this thread:

This is exactly my point, and exactly why i believe buying pickpoints is over-powered.

From a related thread:

I dont hear you complaining that you are leveling OA faster than mixers are and that its unfair your skill in a/d gives you this advantage, so why should you complain that someone thats prepared to invest in Hydro nex have their own advantage?

Sorry but to me thats just double standards regardless of if XXX player would become too powerful instead of you/him/her/ficus.

For this, that and all subsequent threads:

Leave it be.