Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

Should the Hydro-Nexus NPC be removed?

Should the Hydro-Nexus NPC be removed?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Type the #pki command and check your PK Fights count.

• Yes, it should be removed and i have 50 or more PK fights.
    • No, it should not be removed and i have 50 or more PK fights.
    • Yes, it should be removed and i have less than 50 PK fights.
    • No, it should not be removed and i have less than 50 PK fights.

@Shujral

No, if i thought that i wouldn't have asked people with <50 fights to vote at all.

But, i do have a point to make in regard to that, but i'll wait till lots of people vote before i make it.

Fair enough, your thread ;)

I voted to not remove it.

I think the option to buy nexus is nice to have and the problem is that you can remove nexus that you didn't spend pickpoints on with nexus removal stones. The nexus removal stones are nice to have as well if it wasn't for that problem.

Now if you were to ask what to do with the players that already (ab)used that NPC to buy pickpoints, I'd say there's no way but to simply change the behavior of the nexus removal stones. If you want to stop the pickpoint buying.

I'm kind of sure I know the reason why the poll separates by number of PK fights but can you say it anyways, please?

I'm kind of sure I know the reason why the poll separates by number of PK fights but can you say it anyways, please?

Before i give my reason, mind if i ask what you think the reason is?

I think your reason is that you're trying to prove that even though the average player might not want it removed, the pkers (people who are most heavily influenced by hydro nexus) do.

Before i give my reason, mind if i ask what you think the reason is?

I don't mind if you ask.

i voted NO.

this game isnt only about fighting, or PKing.

there are alot of NON fighting poeple that can benifit from this NPC. i am a manuer, i like to train a little, but i have ZERO potioning, ZERO summoning... i have all my PPs tied up in perks and p/c for carry capacity. NOW this NPC is the ONLY way i am ever going to get to do any other skills in the game, and if it is removed, i feel, i will just pack up, and never play, because advancing in other skills will be nearly impossible, to obtain a few million EXP just to get a nexus to start a new skill.

The NPC gives something to strive for, obtaining or making 50 hydro bars is a task!!!

as for removal stones, they are a little money for the people who found them, the guys starting out in the game, the only harvesting people.... IF you PKers and Fighters dont like them, DONT BUY THEM.

I see no reason to remove the NPC selling nexus for hydrogenium bars. It's not doing any damage to the game itself.

I see no reason to remove the nexus removal stones from the game. They're not causing any harm themselves.

I see a reason to remove the combination of the two above from the game. A possibility of transferring pickpoints between nexus and attributes is not a good idea.

I voted not to remove the NPC. There are several other possibilities of preventing aforementioned transferring pickpoints.

<provocative mode>

I find the above poll suggesting that non-PKers vote has different 'weight' than PKers vote. I tend to agree. PKers are vast minority of all the game players. :) Good poll.

</provocative mode>

I voted no

First I would say that nexus removal stones should not have entered game, now it is too late.

We have a hydrogieum economy in this game, almost every good money maker at the moment is centerd around hydro

Starting with Fire essence, other then harvesting lupins, this is a good start for new players to earn some gc's. Fire essences sell in any quanity almost immeditaly.

Coal, One of those nice conusamable harvestables that sells almost as easy as FE, and requires no inorganic Nexus

Iron ore needed to make the 9K steel bars/ 500 s2e swords for 50 hydro bars

NPC = Hydro sink so hydro remains vaulable

I see no reason to remove the NPC selling nexus for hydrogenium bars. It's not doing any damage to the game itself.

I see no reason to remove the nexus removal stones from the game. They're not causing any harm themselves.

I see a reason to remove the combination of the two above from the game. A possibility of transferring pickpoints between nexus and attributes is not a good idea.

I voted not to remove the NPC. There are several other possibilities of preventing aforementioned transferring pickpoints.

<provocative mode>

I find the above poll suggesting that non-PKers vote has different 'weight' than PKers vote. I tend to agree. PKers are vast minority of all the game players. :) Good poll.

</provocative mode>

Pwnt :P

I actually lol'd

Voted no

To me its a handy feature to have, for the all round players who would like to try their hand at all the skills without hindering themselves with neg perks .

Removing the nexus removal stones is an option

1. Give 700kgc per purchased pickpoint back to players, or even consumable, sellable items to that value (if you specifically dont want it to be gc... if you make it HE/SR/AE's, u offer them resources to either sell for gc already in the game, or to use to level their skills further)

What are your thoughts on this part of the suggestion, Addienne?

i think firstly itll be hard to track all the nexus bought and removed etc... and if someone has bought 20 nexuses/pp wont you need to pay him 21mil gc?

Korrode, weren't you working at a well enstablished MMO to design their combat system and stuff? Please, give me the link to that game, so that I post shit in your forums too.

Korrode, weren't you working at a well enstablished MMO to design their combat system and stuff? Please, give me the link to that game, so that I post shit in your forums too.

bah and now the whole god vs player stuff starts again.

EDIT: ok i know it sounds fucked up but.... what about "make love not war?" ;/

Edited by Tempest

How about "Treat others as they treat you" ? :)

And what's wrong with me wanting to give his MMO some quality feedback? :wub:

Anyway, on topic:

As things look right now, and I doubt the percents will change much, you can clearly see that the majority of both PKers and non PKer likes this system. Furthermore, before the nexus for hydrogenium thing was implemented, there was a poll, and the majority wanted it to be implemented. So as you can see, the system is good. Obviously, not everyone can be happy.

Oh i'm quite sure i never used the words "well established", the MMO thus far is being developed by my housemate, my brother and myself... and development has stalled anyways. There are no forums, we can just yell across the room.

On topic:

As has been stated, seems the majority, whether experienced PK'er or not, doesn't share my point of view, so i'll quit the "remove the hydro-nex npc" chant.

Oh i'm quite sure i never used the words "well established", the MMO thus far is being developed by my housemate, my brother and myself... and development has stalled anyways. There are no forums, we can just yell across the room.

On topic:

As has been stated, seems the majority, whether experienced PK'er or not, doesn't share my point of view, so i'll quit the "remove the hydro-nex npc" chant.

Are you going to implement it in your game? I look forward to buying hydro nexus one day.

lol i know Radu makes money from the existence of that NPC, even if he doesn't know it... but it sure makes removing the NPC even more valid so long as he's claming he doesn't :D

Just so that you know, our income has been pretty constant since the beginning of 2007. The NPC had little or no effect in our income.

Im not voting, but im just stating my opinion:

Personally i think it should be removed, it would not be fair for someone that worked very hard on training to get pps, but then someone just spend like a couple of grand on el.. to buy pps, or hydro bars to get nexus stones and turn em into pps.

Also, i would want it to stay, because all those hard people that worked for there Oa.. got what in return, after all those years of training..alching, harvesting etc..

The only way i would like it to be removed is if everyone's oa stayed the same, and only those people that bought pp's in rl, or nexus to turn into pp's would get affected, but still that wont be fair after spending all that money in rl and everything get's erased, Example.. Luci. :whistle:

Therefore i am not voting. :D

Would you mind explaining the difference between PKers and non PKers in your poll?

Firstly, i said "whether experienced PK'er or not", not if they were a PK'er at all.

And yes i know there are of course some valid arguments that a person with under 50 fights could be an experienced PK'er, Mages for eg., but it's a very small amount of people.

I separated the pole into the 2 sections because the day-to-day actions of a pp buyer have no effect on the life of a non-PK'er.

Removing the NPC could have an effect on a non-PK'ers char build plan, sure, but OTHER people making use of this system doesn't affect THEM.

A PK'er's life IS affected by OTHER people using this system. Now, if a PK'er started PK'ing yesterday, they may well have not experienced or noticed this effect, but most people who've had 50 deaths or kills in PK probably have.

If there was a perk for 100 pickpoints that made NPC's pay you twice as much for your stuff and sell you their stuff for half the price, and there was a couple of pp buyers out there selling product for way under what a 'normal' mixer ever could, i bet the <50 fights results would be different.

(argh so many usages of 'effect' and 'affect', hopefully i got them all right :D)

I don't think it's a bad thing.. But buying looots of PPs from it is bad. (LuciferX) If someone wants to reset, and buy some Nexus I think thats cool. But buying them and removing for PPs is kinda lame IMO.. Well, I can understad someone buying 1-2 PPs, if they have like 140+ oa, and needed a couple PPs.. But buying 20-40 PPs? Nah, thats just lame. :D

I voted it should be removed, although I am not against nexus for hydro. I am against buying pickpoints.

I suggested before, although it wasn't heard or not implemented due to technical reasons.

There should be an extra variable for each nexus, "natural nexus", that is taken from pickpoints. If you buy nexus for hydro, your natural nexus stays the same, though your actual nexus is increased. And you cannot use nexus removal stone if your natural nexus is 0.

For example, player has vegetal 1 and buys +2 vegetal for 100 hydro. Then his/her vegetal nexus is 3, "natural" vegetal nexus is 1. Thus he/she can use only one vegetal removal stone.

If this is too complicated/storage consuming, I vote against hydro-nexus.

Well, i personally think it's completely unfair for some characters to have setups that are physically impossible to ever be obtained again, by anyone... this would have to be done:
2. Do that 'reallocation-reset' thing (where everyone goes back to perkless, all attribs at 4, all nexus at 0, but doesnt lose their OA), but all with the bought pp's gone (i.e. people will only have as much pp's after reset as OA levels they have).

Now that i re-read the whole thing all over again and saw that msg, i voted yes it should be removed, if we only loose are attributes and nexus but then get em bac. (by that i mean only the pps you bought get earased.. like you can't have more then your oa, as you stated above)

Btw i accidently voted i had over 50 fights ;P.. though if i add up all my kills i do ;P (not monsters)

Edited by xleminemxl