Eternal Lands Official Forums
bkc56

GAIWS on the PK server

As you can see from the below (highly edited) chat, Entropy/Radu has kindly got us started on a working Global Advanced Invasion Warning System for the PK server. As of right now we have:

500/500 hydrogenium bars

122/1M sulfur

702293/8M gc

I don't know if our little community can finish a task that large (7.3M is a LOT of gc) but it's a start.

[09:38:34] [bkc56 @ 1]: Sir Radu, any chance you could enable the GIWS here? I don't thing we've got the people to EVER get it built.

[09:38:46] [radu @ 1]: hmm

[09:38:51] [radu @ 1]: maybe I cna contribute a little

[09:39:34] [bkc56 @ 1]: Even if it was simply on at level 0. That would be nice. I doubt we'll ever get that much hydro available for donation here (or cash or whatever else it needs).

[09:41:14] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:41:19] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:41:19] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:41:28] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:41:28] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:41:34] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:41:34] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:41:39] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:41:39] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:41:43] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:41:43] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:41:53] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:41:53] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:42:00] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:42:01] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:42:04] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:42:04] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:42:07] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:42:07] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:42:10] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:42:10] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:42:14] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:42:14] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:42:18] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:42:18] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 20 hydrogenium bars for the project construction!

[09:42:33] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 50000 gold coins for the project construction!

[09:42:33] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 50000 gold coins for the project construction!

[09:42:36] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 50000 gold coins for the project construction!

[09:42:36] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 50000 gold coins for the project construction!

[09:42:39] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 50000 gold coins for the project construction!

[09:42:39] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 50000 gold coins for the project construction!

[09:42:41] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 50000 gold coins for the project construction!

[09:42:41] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 50000 gold coins for the project construction!

[09:42:46] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 50000 gold coins for the project construction!

[09:42:46] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 50000 gold coins for the project construction!

[09:42:53] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 50000 gold coins for the project construction!

[09:42:53] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 50000 gold coins for the project construction!

[09:43:00] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 50000 gold coins for the project construction!

[09:43:01] GIWS: radu has kindly donated 50000 gold coins for the project construction!

[09:43:47] [radu @ 1]: ok, now you do the rest

[edit] Removed double entries from chat log due to having an alt on at the time... :icon4:

Edited by bkc56

omg...thats a lot of stuff and money....i don't know how much money it is.but it is a lot

omg...thats a lot of stuff and money....i don't know how much money it is.but it is a lot

If my math was correct he donated 4 million gold coin and 5 million gold coin worth of Hydro bars!

Just goes to show people that radu isnt that mean BAN-button pusher everyone says he is!

Or is he. . .

:icon4:

If my math was correct he donated 4 million gold coin ...

I don't get that. I get 28 * 50,000 which is 1.4M, although Mesterul Monole (the GAIWS NPC) says we only have about 700K donated of 8M required (I have no idea where the other 700K went).

In any event, we got some serious work to do.

I would already be happy with the hydro bars... the money was a very nice extra though :D

Would be nice if we could get the server working together 1x a month for a couple hours to get this running. Instead of an invasion or a PK frenzy event we could have a "Harvest Sulfur for GIWS" event.

A couple bottles of wine and some ale going around while everyone enjoys the warm lava heating your gloves. Chatting about how PK Server is the best, and so on and so on :)

If my math was correct he donated 4 million gold coin ...

I don't get that. I get 28 * 50,000 which is 1.4M, although Mesterul Monole (the GAIWS NPC) says we only have about 700K donated of 8M required (I have no idea where the other 700K went).

In any event, we got some serious work to do.

If u had 2 alts on at that time

chatlog has "double posts" same message typed twice coming from the 2 clients open

(and 1 alt was not in channel1 or the @1 messages would be double too)

Edited by spyridonas

If u had 2 alts on at that time

chatlog has "double posts" same message typed twice coming from the 2 clients open

(and 1 alt was not in channel1 or the @1 messages would be double too)

Doh!!! (in my best Homer Simpson voice) :)

Fixed.

I don't know if our little community can finish a task that large (7.3M is a LOT of gc) but it's a start.

#il works ok

I don't think it is so much needed, hydro bars donation is a great relief

maybe with small gc sulfur donations when lazy bored to do something productive

in a couple years when we run around with pink swords and shiny armors, and our harvestng alts reach a/d cap too

btw 500+ sulfur now with generous donations by my alter egos

Great job everyone. I hope to join soon with something. Just getting things together but green day doesn't help.

I believe Sins donated some Sulfur as well but not sure how much.

Thank you all who have donated so far! This is far superior to the previous warning system we had in place:

SyWren has become better at dying.

(SyWren @1) Chims in VOTD

Great job everyone. I hope to join soon with something. Just getting things together but green day doesn't help.

I believe Sins donated some Sulfur as well but not sure how much.

[06:27:43] GIWS: SinS has kindly donated 5000 sulphur for the project construction!

b.png

c.png

a.png

:o

We've had a huge increase in the donations both before and after the 6/28 group sulfur project. The numbers now look like:

500/500 hydrogenium bars

232,106/1M sulfur

992,327/8M gc

And the donations keep coming....

[edit] Updated for more donations. And more. And yet more.

Edited by bkc56

ANOTHER ONE OF MY HAREBRAINED SCHEMES

There was mention in channel about blue lupines (I call 'loops') for generating cash to donate. This got my wooden and stone wheels grinding so I came up with this:

In Tirnwood near Raven are 3x loops. For those who don't know, this is the procedure I learned on the Main that works very well if you concentrate on it.

quickloops1.jpg

The 3x loops are on the east side of a tree house and with Exc they harvest at 6x. I mapwalk them to Raven with storage open and only have to tab the map to click on the loops. Once I get bored with that (5 minutes :P ) I got to VoTD and run the loops from Molgor to the flower shop. Same thing, mapwalk with storage open. This pays off quick!

In our case as a team, we post harvester(s) at the loops filling a bag and seller(s) in the flower shop emptying a bag outside the door and selling the flowers. In between the two bags are the haulers. We can have as many bags on the route to make the relays shorter as we want. Sort of the old style 'bucket brigade' for putting out fires. Thusly:

quickloops2.jpg

Number of players at each bag can be adjusted for efficiency and emu ratings as well as number of bags. Obviously the player(s) selling the loops in the shop should be trusted by all to handle all that shiny pretty gold!! I assume there are math wizards here that can keep track of that kind of thing in the back of thier heads, whatever.

I may be way off base thinking this trick would generate more gc than any other ways, so shoot me down and roast my chops if it's not worth trying. In my own case, I know I'm terrible at generating gc quickly. Even doing this alone is boring as hell! :P

Whaddya think?

just another idea with the flower thing as its close to storage run straight to store then run to flower shop from votd have most peeps running it into the shop and dropping in bags on the floor and one person jumping between bags selling the flowers

would save all the walking and i have loads of flowers from ants already to add

Just another idea

handy Thor

Edited by handyman

We received a little more help from Radu today. Here's the updated numbers:

500/500 hydrogenium bars

288,234/1,000,000 sulfur

2,404,327/8,000,000 gc

Updated 7/14

Edited by bkc56

Amazing numbers.

Another very nice boost from Radu, thank you very much.

Seems like Sego will have to spend some hours on sulfur, starting very soon.

We got the server update tonight (7/18) proceeded by a brief visit by Radu and a bit more help. Here are the current numbers:

500/500 hydrogenium bars

349,572/1,000,000 sulfur

3,284,327/8,000,000 gc

Updated for new donations as of 7/25

Edited by bkc56

Time for another progress update. As of 8/19:

500/500 hydrogenium bars

370,072/1,000,000 sulfur

3,314,327/8,000,000 gc

I've done a little math, but I'm horrible at math. According to my calculations this is the progress made in one month:

20,500 sulfer

30,000 gc

According to my calculations, that means we should have enough sulfer in 30 months, but the gc will take 13 years.

Please tell me I messed up here somewhere.