Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PowerWarrior

Binding Upon Equip/Pickup/Creation And Level Dependant Item Drop

Binding Upon Equip/Pickup/Creation - I would like to point out that this is already implented in another popular game but I think it would work well in Eternal Lands so i am suggesting it.

Binding Upon Equip - The effect this will have is a decrease in supply as people will be unable to sell high priced items that have already been used. The effect this will have is a increase in price which is good for Manufacturers who would benefit. Many of you will think that Manufacturers will benefit too much from this but it evens it self out if you look at my other ideas also.

Binding Upon Pickup/Creation - I think this is a great idea because it allows you to introduce so many things.

It will encourage people to go out and kill monsters for themselves as if a item is Bind On Pickup as they cant wait until a guildy gets the item. They would be forced to do something without other peoples help which is useful as you can encourage players to level things that they normally wouldnt level.

You could make things harder to create because of the Bind On Pickup/Creation. For example high level items would require 1 type of Binding item which means it becomes slightly harder to create that item. I think this improves the current system as a person currently is able to buy all the ingredients, produce the item and then sell it off for profit. So with this system it would be harder to create a item. Also you could encourage people to develop a skill they normally wouldnt. For example a Enriched Essence could become Bind Upon Creation which would encourage more people to do Alchemy. I think some armors and weapons also should be bind upon creation too as manufacturers should be able to benefit in combat because they have spent time leveling that skill. The same should happen with other professions as people should be rewarded for leveling a certain skill.

With this you could also create Quest Items which makes Quests more valued as it becomes the only way to get a item.

Level Dependant Item Drop - Would it be possible for the drop rates for item to vary depending on someones level?. For example someone who has the a/d of 40/40 should have a better chance of getting a good drop from killing a fluffy white rabbit. This would encourage people to fight and waste there Rings/Potions/Essences fighting strong things to take advantage of the great rewards.

Edited by PowerWarrior

This means every bound items is a unique item and storage cannot handle it. This will not happen.

Tirun

All items have there own unique ID number do they not?. Could you not just add a extra parametre that states if that specific item can be traded or not?.

From what I have read on suggestions involving unique item types, no there is no unique ID number..nothing differentiates between 2 iron broad swords, theyre BOTH the same *theres just 2 of them*

there IS a difference in what you term as ID numbers between an iron broad sword and a steel long sword, obviously, but no 2 items of the same type currently have unique identifiers in the coding. Or that is what all the past suggestions have been turned down because of.

Maybe sometime in the future that might change, but then again, maybe not. Until it does, I dont think this suggestion will get any further than this.

They do but as stated in another thread, there are programing problems,

and as for this idea, in another game i use to play, they started binding items, sorta made the game a bit less fun,

The effect this will have is a decrease in supply as people will be unable to sell high priced items that have already been used.

FYI items that have been used have no difference in break rate/ability to do whatever that item already does, the effects of the item and break rate aren't determined by useage as far as i know

because if by the amount its been used determines how fast it breaks, then most weapons/armor/capes would break insanely fast after a certain point,

:icon4::icon4:

By the statement you quoted i meant that less people will be selling high priced items which is good because the price of that item will go up and people will be able to make more of a profit. I am not talking about breakrates or anything related to that.

You also say it made the other game less fun but i think it made people work a lot harder to make there character better and it made it more fun as not everything revolved around money.

The way you said that was that there will be less and that a

used
item wont be sold, i was merely stating the fact that if an item is
used
doesn't mean it wont get sold as fast

but what i said about other games, the other games are sorta the total opposite of el imho

I dont see El with a binding option, only way it would work is if it was with high lvl items, ie Red dragon and above armors, any ehnchanted weps s2e and above, and MAYBE some other items, but u'd haev to specificy which items you think of binding else it wouldn't work in my opinion