Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

RC 2

I've installed and successfully running RC2 on all three platforms in siggy. No crashes upon loading or running game so far.

I do have the same "dissappearing" mouse pointer when the mouse isnt moving on game screen only (Laptop). The client know's where the pointer is located on the screen - clicking game buttons and object on screen works, but the pointer disappears when mouse is still.

That's all I have so far....

The Isometric mode is not compatible with the sky, and the sky will be the default in the next client.
Do you really mean default (I will still have a choice) or will perspective be the only view supported (Isometric will be removed as a configuration choice)?

Not supported?? Are you serious??!!?? This is gonna KILL PK!!!!! I mean, how are they gonna....

Huh? What? Oh, sorry, wrong thread... :whistle:

Anyway, it appears that if I turn perspective down far enough it's almost the same as isometric. I can't turn it all the way down to 0.01 because everything vanishes (to a black screen, to sort of a grey screen outside). But 0.06 seems to work ok, and I don't see any of the foreground clipping problems that I saw in isometric. So I guess it's time to switch over.

It might be a good idea to put "no longer supported" in the descriptive text for the isomatric check box, just so people who didn't read this particular thread know.

Some sort of a little tutorial about the various settings and how one might adjust them for personal preference would be helpful too.

I don't think many people use that anyway.

I prefer it when running multiple windows on the PK server with my starting to turn low end laptop :D Boosts me from around 10FPS/window to 60FPS/window

P.S. Can we have a 640x400x32 mode so I can fit four windows on the same screen?

P.P.S. Yes I know I'm a nerd :P

BTW CVS as of today, no issues with current build :)

Ubuntu 8.10

Minimap works now. And it doesnt even lower my FPS. Good job, Ent :D

Have worked fine on other ways too :P

got nearly the same problem as liquid with both clients, just with a lil difference.

1) only the floor has some mistakes (not while normal playing, see #2)

2) only if i press ctrl + A/E/B/K - Stats/encyc/buddy list/knowledge list.

3) once i open mix window/spell window while i got 1 of the others open the bug disappears.

plus, doesn't disappear with a client restart and turning "use ani. progs" off

Graphic card: radeon x700 PCIe, 256mb

Drivers: updated latest ATI drivers

OpenGL: 2.1.2

EDIT: just noticed, the water is black no matter what water shader quality i use.

Edited by Tempest

EDIT: just noticed, the water is black no matter what water shader quality i use.

With reflections enabled and water shader to 0, you have black water and no reflections?

If yes, is it inside or outside? During day or night? What value are you using for the maximum reflection distance?

yeh even with it enabled i got black water, i moved the reflection distance from 1 to 100 and still no change.

i'm talkin about the water in portal rooms btw, water near melinis is black too, so i guess others are the same.

The black water is normal for inside maps (it has been changed) but what is not normal is if you don't have any reflections even with a shader set to 0 and reflections enabled. Is it the case?

yepp, got the reflections enabled and the shader to 0,1,2 just to test every possiblity. restarted the client after every change so i can be sure i did everything right :P

FPS when using the extended camera mode seem to have got better , can keep a steady 22 now.

( 22-24 FPS is as good as it gets on this laptop so if anyones wondering why i lost those 3 PK fights it was lag :) not the thermal serp :P )

Also, in the last pre rc thread remember the COL and HP bar thing ? it happened again in EV earlier today

Not sure if thats anything major or not, just thought id let you know.

Look what just happened to me.. I have no idea how.. lol:

elscreen006dp8.th.jpg

Melinis Triple Ogre Spawn.

Tested RC2 last night.. inspite of my wonderfull graphics card, it runs without too much of a loss in FPS, so long as i disable sky, moon, stars.. basically all the neat options.

Only thing i noticed is that, when it rains, i get laggy, and my screen switches to a lot darker shade every so often.