Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Segor

EL PK Server blog (unofficial)

http://eternallandspk.blogspot.com/

There had been some conversation about creating a place to gather the major differences between the Main EL Server and the PK Server but till now none had been tested. These things can be posted in the forums but eventually they become less active and get lost in the middle of all the other posts.

With new players joining from time to time, and some curious people on the main server, it's common to talk over and over about the same things like safe places, NPC that aren't there, summon stones, etc.

So far this link has only been advertised on the PK Server and although a couple of people found it a good idea the information is still limited.

I would like to ask everyone for help gathering the information that makes the server different as you come across it. I would like to add more information but my scouting days haven't yet started on this server :)

I think the idea is good, but maybe the format would be better in a wiki.

The problem with a blog is the posts will get lost as they scroll down the page (just like the problem with the forums), and editing posts to add more info is going to be difficult. With a wiki you can layout the sections and put lots of links to different pages of information. As well as this, anyone can update any page and add more info to it (depending on permissions) so you won't end up with 14 blog posts about the safe areas every time something gets discovered.

With a wiki there is also always a history of the changes so you can undo something if someone decides to be destructive.

In a way you are right Torg, blogs get pretty messy, but not everyone knows how to edit a post on a wiki to make it fully functional and useful.

On the other hand, the PK Server has very few active members (some 20) to justify another wiki or database like the ones in the blog link section. We only need a place for the differences, all the rest is already mentioned in databases managed for years (eg. CEL's Database).

To make it simple,

there will only be one topic on the blog about a specific subject, information can be provided by players through comments and someone with administrator privileges will update it (atm only me).

titles will be as simple and direct as possible for better understanding.

tags will allow faster tracking of posts related to specific subjects.

Segor, this is all I found from going through the older threads in the PK forum. Some is obsolete (note the dates) and some is obvious but could be mentioned for the sake of non-PK players. I expected to find more, but I hope this helps fill out the list!

Dec 28 2007, 07:08 PM

teh G0d

Just like the main server, except that:

1. A/D capped at 100

2. No exp from pvp and pk

3. Almost all maps are PK, with some safe areas that you will have to find yourself.

Jan 6 2008, 08:59 PM

teh G0d

I was thinking, without those things from the shop, there will be very few weapons and armor avaliable for the PK server. So you'll basically fight with iron and steel swords, with chain armor.

The question is: Do you want me to sell those things (ingredients only) from the shop or not? And what price? same as the main server, or more, to make them slightly rarer?

Resounding NO!

Dec 11 2007, 09:08 PM

teh G0d

The IP insides are not supposed to be safe, but we might make the tavern safe.

As for the rules, that's because of the client, the rules are different on the PK server:

1. Don't macro

2. Don't be really nasty (especially on channels)

3. No unapproved clients.

4. Don't try to hax people.

Rules that apply on the main server but don't apply here:

1. Multiplaying is OK.

2. You can go off topic on the channels, unless until there are like 100+ players playing at once.

3. More permissive language.

31 December 2007

PK server

A few days ago we started the PK server (we erased all the characters from the PK beta testing), and so far we have over 200 accounts, with over 60 players online during the afternoon. So far, I think that's pretty good, and everyone is having fun there.

I had to make some additional modifications compared to the main server, such as removing the NPCs that sell high end weapons and armor, and making the summoning stones have a 75% failure rate, in order to avoid fights by proxy, where players just summon bears to kill the enemy's bears.

After people start getting higher levels, perhaps around level 60 a/d, I might add those NPCs back and make the summoning stones work without failure. But that's something to determine later on, depending on how the game will progress.

I have a secret character there, and I even play the game, partially because it is fun, and partially because it is easier to see what changes or additions should be made to improve it.

post Jan 6 2008, 08:59 PM

Enriched essences and binding stoens from shop

teh G0d

I was thinking, without those things from the shop, there will be very few weapons and armor avaliable for the PK server. So you'll basically fight with iron and steel swords, with chain armor.

The question is: Do you want me to sell those things (ingredients only) from the shop or not? And what price? same as the main server, or more, to make them slightly rarer?

Rostogols only at $1 per.

Looking again at past threads there seems to be more information that is getting buried in the past. I'll keep an eye open for more!

~ Oink!

Some updates for the blog:

Summoning stones are now at 100 % right

Perhaps also the merc spawn in KF should be mentioned on the blog (diff than main server)

After proposing the idea on @1 I added a Calendar today, will list birthdays of those who want to share the information with the server. We are a small community at the moment making it easy to manage.

If you want to have your B'day listed send a pm/gossip Segor with the character name you want listed and the day and month of your birthday. (ex. playername 01 January)

Guild list was updated

If you want me to add information you have and want to share, post here or talk to me on the server