Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Temporary class system

Radu's idea is very nice but unfortunately most el players never played a p2p game to understand what MMORPG really means.

Anyway i believe that the whole idea is very good but some other things should change too.

Positive perks should be trainable from an npc and should not require pps to get them but quests similar with god quests.

An example for the barbarian and fighter class:

Evanescence perk ranking one 1: 2% chances to avoid being hit. Ranking 2: 3% and so on.

Also if a mage or priest class will become part the game i see no reason why other classes should be able to tele to rooms or to c2.

Tele rings are for this purpose. It will be nice for crafters too.

A mage is not just a guy that can harm for 150 damage..

I know that for many players such changes seem very unusual but every game should change.

Even wow players started bitching and want things to change after the release of "Age of Conan".

All the above things i said doesn't mean that el should become similar with other games.

Some unique features that only el has, like map walking or full restoration make el the best free MMORPG game and even p2p games should adopt some characteristics from el.

I checked the sky client and the game seems much improved. If classes will be added smoothly( the el way) i see no reason why someone should play another free game or even p2p game and not el.

Radu's idea is very nice but unfortunately most el players never played a p2p game to understand what MMORPG really means.

Anyway i believe that the whole idea is very good but some other things should change too.

Positive perks should be trainable from an npc and should not require pps to get them but quests similar with god quests.

An example for the barbarian and fighter class:

Evanescence perk ranking one 1: 2% chances to avoid being hit. Ranking 2: 3% and so on.

Also if a mage or priest class will become part the game i see no reason why other classes should be able to tele to rooms or to c2.

Tele rings are for this purpose. It will be nice for crafters too.

A mage is not just a guy that can harm for 150 damage..

I know that for many players such changes seem very unusual but every game should change.

Even wow players started bitching and want things to change after the release of "Age of Conan".

All the above things i said doesn't mean that el should become similar with other games.

Some unique features that only el has, like map walking or full restoration make el the best free MMORPG game and even p2p games should adopt some characteristics from el.

I checked the sky client and the game seems much improved. If classes will be added smoothly( the el way) i see no reason why someone should play another free game or even p2p game and not el.

It seems you haven't read Radu's first post.

Please keep all the conversations on topic, no alternative suggestions about magic, etc.

Your suggestion sounds a lot like, e.g. Lineage 2.

That's pretty on topic, the class thing wasn't supposed to be carved in stone, and some conversation around it IS ok (not that it matters now anyway).

Yeah, how about we make it so you can only play 1 hour a day, to make it fair for people that have busy jobs, and to prevent people sharing their chars?

So i ensure i clearly say that i think the RL$ / sharers / 16hr/d ppls should get advantages, but highlight one particular advantage i think they shouldn't have, yet i get a response as tho i'd said "omfg char sharing is ebul and unfair and so is ppl with heaps of time IRL".

I'll try to not have opinions or present arguments/counter points as much in the future.

but my gripe is as much with people who char share or can spend 16 hours a day in EL as it is with people who have big RL$$.

but my gripe is as much with people who char share or can spend 16 hours a day in EL as it is with people who have big RL$$. I think those people should get advantages, sure, just not this much of an advantage...

My gripe is not with the existence of these people, but with their ability to buy pickpoints. I thought that would be understood from my statements following the sentence you quoted, i'll try to be clearer in the future.

Afaik, no one thought pp buying got out of control like it did, inc. Radu, correct me if I am wrong.

I remember things like 100$+stone for a pp, no one gonna do that!?

Unfortunately there is no way back I guess :) .

Ontopic... :P

@Erma, always hoped that was was the case.

Subject Temp class sys, meaning not always there, except when you choose; Great Idea.

got to wonder if in the other "omfg" threads, if same handful of people are the ones maybe it is their way of geting you (radu) off topic and keeping things the way they are. You said in OG post no omg crap then when it arrives they mean more then the thread does, seems like a intentional response provoking measure to me. same result either way idea is scrapped based on what less than 20 players and the other 1000+ oh well

Thanks, and if idea is finished and not reviable then lock the thread unless arguing is somehow excitiing

Afaik, no one thought pp buying got out of control like it did, inc. Radu, correct me if I am wrong.

I remember things like 100$+stone for a pp, no one gonna do that!?

Unfortunately there is no way back I guess :icon13: .

Ontopic... :)

@Erma, always hoped that was was the case.

LuciferX even payed me $200 in the beginning for animal nexus removal stone :P

But I think it will be very hard to balance these classes and I'm sure it will be close to impossible to implement this in EL in a good way and prevent that the gameplay gets too easy.

The class thing could have been worked out to where it was not overpowered but gave advantages according to its price. Nexus NPC is a good idea for making money for Radu just like rostos. IMO the NPC stays to help pay for the game and everyone can just get over it. The players buying pick points by the bucket are simply the ones you have to avoid and have to ignore when it comes to bragging rights. They have no impact in game other than occasional rosto losses and they can still be ganged up on and killed anyway.

Anyone who says the game doesn't need any more changes shouldn't be allowed to post in suggestion threads. Anyone who says ideas allow people with RL money to have too much of an advantage should not be allowed to post in suggestion threads. This game is BETA and it will change. Get over it. Entropy will make money on the game. Get over it.

Everyone who says this idea will do this or that needs to STFU. If you don't like the idea the way it was written then say, "The only way this idea will work is if you 'your idea on fixing it." That way Entropy does not have a reason to get pissed off and kill ideas. That way you can have a say in the way things come into game or if they don't because they are not workable. I think that the 'OMG this will' posts should be deleted from every thread going forward. Nothing constructive to say means nothing to say. If you cannot find a way to minimize the effects of an idea to the point where it would work then just shut up.

EL needs to be more complex and more complicated to give more players options to do things that will change their experience and keep them playing longer and be positive about the game. The more strategy and the more choices in game the more personalized you can make your style of play. Anyone who is against a more personalized style of play and more choices for players just needs to quit now. Thank you Entropy for at least trying to make the game more interesting and for at least trying to give it more flavor and choices. I hope this thread makes future topics be discussed the way they should be.

Tirun

PS I am always afraid I will make some kind of mistake posting and it will be my last because it got me banned but I post anyway because I care enough about the game to risk it. Perhaps my fears are unjustified but they exist because bans usually come without warnings. :P

Edited by TirunCollimdus

i have no problem with the game having constant changes, it's beta and we all know stuff will change. we're not retarded tirun and most of us don't have a lower IQ then you either, even tho you seem to think you'r a smartass.

i wonder how you would react when some1 starts to suggest that the mix fail rate for your skill gets increased 90%. you wouldn't try to limit it to 80% either would you? if yes, GG.

Ya what Mango said.

The pp buying doesn't affect the life of a non-PK'er, same with making MI in some way easily breakable, so unless you have a nice big bunch of hours of actively PK'ing under your belt, Tirun, how about you tone it down and remember the fact you have no direct experience or knowledge of the outward effect of what's being discussed.

Or maybe you'd like to tell me how to run my computer business too, or how to configure my linux distro better, maybe u wanna give me some tuning tips for my car?

Edited by Korrode

kk sounds great, wanna run my char for 15 hours a day just making gc or give me a few thousand RL dollars?

EDIT:

ok, look, ya... a person can work hard and buy some pp's, even if just in-game hard work... it is not that i'm lazy, i was infact shown a great way to make really fast gc by a certain someone (<3), but the point is that i dont think it makes for a balanced game for pickpoints to be unlimited, even if everyone could do it much easier than it currently is.

If everyone has every attribute maxed, where's the char build strategy? where's the equipment use strategy (based on attrib build)?, where's the different semi-classes?

I'm not just looking to bitch and complain, and it's not laziness, it's that i believe the game is less strategic, less balanced and essentially less fun if there is no upper limit to pickpoints, whether it's just a few people able to buy pickpoints, or many, either way it applies.

We have an attribute hardcap. We have an a/d softcap. There needs to be a pickpoint cap (that's hit long before even getting remotely close to maxing every attribute) as well to ensure EL remains a game that rewards strategy and is fun. That's my opinion anyways.

Edited by Korrode

Pickpoint buying will not change, not because it would be a bad idea to do so or that it might change the game to drastically but because ::: taa daa

But because of the responses I got ("Omfg [...] ruin [...] quit [...]" instead of "Hmm, how about we tweak this and that [...]"), it will be a long time until I even THINK of anything new regarding PKing, let alone implementing it.

Its called give and take people, if players were not so quick to piss on the class idea before they had even listened to any compromises or differant idea's.. then maybe just maybe a solution might have been found to pick point buying.

Things always come back to bite you in the ass :hug:

Edited by conavar

Yeah, blame the 5 players who pissed on the idea. Lmao.

Ah you see, wether those 5,10,15 players like it or not (read Ents quote) those players are to blame for any good idea's they might have in the future being rejected

The class thing could have been worked out to where it was not overpowered but gave advantages according to its price. Nexus NPC is a good idea for making money for Radu just like rostos.

How the fuck do I make money off it? I don't get jack shit from that NPC, since I don't sell hydrogenium or nexus stones.

Yeah, blame the 5 players who pissed on the idea. Lmao.

You are right. I should ban them.

And didn't you guys say that it was 95% of the PKers who didn't like the idea, but many were too afraid to post about it? Now we only have 5-10 players who don't like it, huh?

Anyway, look at the test server, there are some new perks and the bots ignore command and stuff, but I am afraid the PK server will get it first. Maybe I'll put them on the main server in a week or so.

Yep, promise. In fact, I think I'll do that today.

That will be great. It's been at least 70 days (based on #stats server uptime) since we've had an update over there.