Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
popeye

Attack vs Defense

Just a short poll. I'm a follower of Mortos and was wondering if attack is better then defense for monster drops. My A/D is 56/63. I've started using an OS to get drops. What are your thoughts? I plan on serving Aluwen later on as well as other gods.

Tbh, def god is the wtg till high def/oa best way of exp, atk god bless is used for PK, pretty much imo only reason to get atk god is for the bless

Thank you sir/ma'am your input is greatly appreciated. ;).

At that attack & defence, you should be training Ogres, without a weapon, and you should serve Defence & Magic Gods, if you want GC drops, kill Trolls with a tit long, or orc slayer, it dosn't matter.

Thank you sir. I don't want to lose Mortos right now, I've only just begun serving w/ 20% exp boost.

Thank you sir. I don't want to lose Mortos right now, I've only just begun serving w/ 20% exp boost.

I understand that, but you'll be loosing alot of OA exp, for not much gain in Attack exp, ogres a/d are very different, and it's a very good monster to level Def/OA with, thats all.

TBH, i actually served attack god till 111 attack level in order not to make a big difference between a/d. I left attack god just after -15 TS came and i couldnt get enough exp from feros.

But serving attack god is kinda hard for lower levels because you are not getting as huge exp as def god. But getting little exp is way better than being 100/120 a/d IMO.

EDIT# So if you are patient like me, keep serving attack god ;)

-Kad

Edited by OldySchooly

Thank you sir. Does attack get you drops quicker vs higher def?

;) I forgot to mention my stats. They are:

Physique: 12/12

Coordination: 18/18

Reasoning: 4/4

Will: 10/10

Instinct: 4/4

Vitality: 4/4

I wear Steel plate w/ titanium shield, COL, Mol, and Barefists to train. I use OS OR JS for drops.

Thank you sir. Does attack get you drops quicker vs higher def?

Well, def doesn't increase the damage inflicted ... I always served attack god, never went for def apart from one time, which was like a month, but that's another story ;)

Defense god is best at one time I had 120 atk and around 133 def with a def god and when i went to get bless then to Kf no one could hit me... i would pop some attk pots and accuracy pots... so def is best

On ogres, it's much better mathematically to serve def god. 20% of 70 is better than 20% of 50 :)

Def god will generally be the best choice for OA exps always, but if u do want to use attack god, do it when you're on clops and/or fluff, they are best mathematically as they have even a/d.

Despite the fact I'm a full attack trainer, I guess it's fine to say that you could take the defense god for lower monsters. (Below Cyclops) And yea, silly to say, I was godless before my reset. ;/

If you focus on your attack later, you should easily catch up the lost attack exp anyway.

These are some numbers I manage myself on attack training (for example):

proestexp.jpg

Considering the huge numbers of exp you need later on, you should catch up just nicely. =)

-Blee

Attack is more important than defense in my opinion.

"Attack makes you win the fight, defense just helps you not loose"

right imo. attack blessing + acc pot + orc slayer/thermal is a big advantage and could make you win some fights, and the training with it is good too. i'm serving attack god atm and getting 340-360kexp/hour on single feros. so it's not very much behind compared to def even tho feros generally gives more def than attack exp.