Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nardo Lala

a point of thought for the pointer

Suggestions, suggestions.... This idea has been in my head a few days:

What about improving the mouse pointer in the game so it fits better in style with the in-game graphics ? maybe even make it animated ?

I have no knowledge of re-vamping this thing myself but i bet there are some people out there who can. What do you think ? :roll:

would be nice, i think its even been suggest b4 that the cursor changes for the different actions your doing

Yeah, i'd like a hand or something, pointing where you click at. Sword/staff when fighting, you can think of stuff.

Names above our heads... Suggested before :) Although that thread is gone now... I still stick with the same thoughts i had then.

Names above someones head are kinda screwy. I mean, IRL you dont know the name of everyone who walks by (I know, this is a game, but let me talk first). Second, names would kinda fuck with the look of the game, unless made in some medieval handwriting which no one can read. :) And, especially with the new avatars which show clothing, you probably remember the looks of your friends. If you wanna make sure someone is the one you are looking for, use the eye on him/her.

I nod in compliance to the above :roll:

O Mighty one, please reveal your oracle and riddle just outspoken...

Will it be the pointer or the names above our heads ? :roll:

i think he means pointers...but maybe names, i hope not names though. Or he just likes screwing with our heads

he means the cursors(pointers), I already made some graphics for them...as for names above the head, he dind't mention that to me at all so I hope not :cry:

Thank you Roja for your asuring words. :lol:

I look forward as always to the development of it, knowing now that it has your touch also makes me even more anticipated. :P

i think we will get those changing cursors for harvesting and entering houses caves etc soon

i like the names thing above the heads too .. but only if i can disable them like alt + h for healthbars :P

yea i guess they wouldnt be to bad if u can toggle them off...so ppl to lazy to just use the other way of checking names can do that :P

Aarghh...indeed, if names are added, then PLEASE include an option to turn them off.

Names will get too "busy" in the UI. If you do add them, how about putting them "inside" the health bar since this piece of UI real estate is already being used. It could serve two purposes.

Truncate the long names ... there are other ways to find the full name and the purpose would be for quick visual identify only ... I am still not sold that this would be a value add. I like some level of annonymity (sp?)

This is internet; you dont have privacy here :) Take a look at this:

*noses around a bit* 'Hmmm, yeah, interesting. Was it you who killed JFK? Yeah, I knew it!'

:)

anyway, i like the idea of having names in a healthbar. Quite easy to get long names shorter. If your name is over so many pixels/characters you would have to input a name that shows in your healthbar. So, if your complete name is 'Sir Johnathan Joseph of Queensdale' you could let your healthbar name be 'Sir John'

Yuk. I HATE the idea of names above the characters :evil: I hate the idea of names in the health bar less, but i still don't like it. Not even for the NPCs.

But that just me :?