Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Mage class idea

My idea not only provides for a much greater diversity in character builds it also makes breaking MI extremely pick point intensive. It will mean that fighters simply cannot do it and that mage characters will have to attain very high levels before doing it. This would leave the eventual number of people in game who can do it successfully very, very low.

My idea seems to solve every problem everyone is complaining about. There would be around 10 different formulas for spells with my idea and that means you can set up around 10 different 'schools' of spells. People can focus on whichever area of spell casting is important to them and then pick up the others as they go. When a player gets high enough they have powerful magic in every aspect but they still cannot be super mages without negging out.

Fighters need dexterity and toughness. Mages would need rationality and etherality. Similar requirements could be arranged for summoners too. Then all three offensive types of players would have attribute based benefits from their chosen builds. There are different builds for fighters and for mages that require different cross attributes but needing 4 or more cross attributes to be make both fighter and mage builds makes it nearly impossible to do both at the same time.

Tirun

Maybe I don't fully understand your idea (writing 667 word posts *does* discourage people from doing so, in my oh so humble opinion), but how can you have 10 different 'schools of spells' when there are only 4 commonly used (pk) spells?

Tirun do you pk?

My idea not only provides for a much greater diversity in character builds it also makes breaking MI extremely pick point intensive. It will mean that fighters simply cannot do it and that mage characters will have to attain very high levels before doing it. This would leave the eventual number of people in game who can do it successfully very, very low.

My idea seems to solve every problem everyone is complaining about. There would be around 10 different formulas for spells with my idea and that means you can set up around 10 different 'schools' of spells. People can focus on whichever area of spell casting is important to them and then pick up the others as they go. When a player gets high enough they have powerful magic in every aspect but they still cannot be super mages without negging out.

Fighters need dexterity and toughness. Mages would need rationality and etherality. Similar requirements could be arranged for summoners too. Then all three offensive types of players would have attribute based benefits from their chosen builds. There are different builds for fighters and for mages that require different cross attributes but needing 4 or more cross attributes to be make both fighter and mage builds makes it nearly impossible to do both at the same time.

Tirun

Maybe I don't fully understand your idea (writing 667 word posts *does* discourage people from doing so, in my oh so humble opinion), but how can you have 10 different 'schools of spells' when there are only 4 commonly used (pk) spells?

To Vytukas:

No I don't PK. I get pawnxord. Ask Smurf and some other players who have seen me once or twice in TD and of course on NDD when my computer was working I was seen in KF a few times. I always bring fighting gear as you well know when I go to get my hydro. What is your point? My idea leaves harm and restoration alone and makes breaking MI extremely hard to do. There is a problem with this how?

To Shujral:

In case you missed it my post had small paragraphs and was bolded. My idea was to have the offensive and defensive spells based on different attributes and cross attributes. If there multiple formulas and you make a lot more spells and each of the new spells uses a particular formula they are grouped together; a 'school'. Is that really difficult to understand?

Tirun

Isn't the idea behind the mage class to have a seperate group of people with strengths and weaknesses, not create magetype_1, magetype_2, magetype_3, etc?

so whats the big deal if it leaves harm+restore alone, aren't we back to where we started? in case you didn't know, remote heal/heal/poison aren't often used in PK...

Yea, and why not have mage class have to spend high amount of pp to learn a new special spells, that a fighter wouldn't usually have/get..

P.S. Might sound stupid

Isn't the idea behind the mage class to have a seperate group of people with strengths and weaknesses, not create magetype_1, magetype_2, magetype_3, etc?

so whats the big deal if it leaves harm+restore alone, aren't we back to where we started? in case you didn't know, remote heal/heal/poison aren't often used in PK...

Being able to be mage type 1, 2 and 3 if you spend enough pick points is the idea. That way fighters can't do it and mages can. The fact that mages who make the effort will also have a MI breaking spell makes it different already as well. Add to that the ability to make other useful spells in combat that fighters would not normally have as high powered and you are a veyr long way away from where you started.

Yea, and why not have mage class have to spend high amount of pp to learn a new special spells, that a fighter wouldn't usually have/get..

P.S. Might sound stupid

It might sound like you are trying to make people use different attributes to play different kinds of styles too. Might sound better than any idea you have ever come up with don't you think? Right now pick points are the only way to separate players in case you missed it.

Ok, I have another idea, I'll lock this thread and start a new one.

Great idea. Not one single person has come up with a valid argument against my idea or even an invalid one for that matter. All they can do is say they don't like it because they either don't like me or they just don't want anything to change. Great job guys.

Tirun