Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Clarification about rule 5 and RL $$

@Levin: Dont sweat it, its only a handfull of people lol.

I know, it is just discouraging for me to hear about since I try to follow the rules to help ensure a more fair playing field to others in the game. I just wish they would consider they are putting everyone else at a disadvantage when they do this. I know that doing other skills like harvesting, doing pk in moderation, and at times being conservative with how you play is "boring" for some people, but this is just like RL. People shouldn't expect that they can pk with full dragon armor/thermal and blow through summons 24/7, you need to balance your game play.

If people are truly struggling with the game mechanics and how to be successful without multiplaying, I certainly wouldn't mind giving them some guidance, but I feel those who do it so they can be l33t pkrs 24/7 or whatever are being disrespectful to the entire EL community who follows the rules.

If I play 4 hours a day with 2 alts.. I put everyone at a disadvantage? :medieval:

I could say same thing about people who play 10h or spent $ on this game, put me at a disadvantage.

For me, it's same thing.

And I doubt the people who work so much on alts, just do it to feel pro pkers. At least I havet ment any of those yet. For exmaple, I did it a couple of times to get myself human nexus by hydro bars after reset.

You still havent got it.

Dont take ppls money and ban them later.

If you know already, that they are transfering stuff/gc from char A to char B, dont sell them stuff from the shop.

That is the point where to stop cheaters, not by taking their money and ban them later.

Piper

Ergh buying things for rl $ doesn't make them exempt from the rules. I'm sorry, but that's what's messed up. Is no one expected to have personal responsibility and/or integrity anymore?

I think hes talking more about the 'no refunds' thing. If I had bought $100 of rosts from the EL shop, and you later found out that I had sold 500,000 GC (about $100 USD), I would be banned, but I would be short of $100, 25 rosts, and a char, all things I worked for...no?

I edited my post, sorry...If you cheat and know you are already doing so or will do so, why should you get a refund? You took the risk of spending $ knowing the rules! Honestly, do you all think we sit and scour every single person's logs every time their name pops up? Have some personal responsibility!!!!

This is not my personal opinion in any way, I was simply clarifying what (I believe) Piper was trying to say.

If I play 4 hours a day with 2 alts.. I put everyone at a disadvantage? :medieval:

If you used what you gained on one alt to the other player yes. You do that for 3oo days for 1 yr at 2.5k an hour and thats 3 million gc extra your one character has.

I could say same thing about people who play 10h or spent $ on this game, put me at a disadvantage.

For me, it's same thing.

Well, I am legally able to and can do either one of those options. However I can't transfer and gc<->$ from different characters since it is against game rules, so this is definitively different.

And I doubt the people who work so much on alts, just do it to feel pro pkers. At least I havet ment any of those yet. For exmaple, I did it a couple of times to get myself human nexus by hydro bars after reset.

So you getting nexus with hydrobars that were essentially earned on a different character doesn't give you an unfair advantage since it frees up pp to use for attributes?

So if somebody sells let say 500k gc for 100$ and than he pays his electricity bill of that 100$, and than he got the payment form his rl job and he buys 25 rostos for his main, this is legal right???

And what i think, this is going far far beyond what can be controlled. I have never bought something from the shop, and i have never tried to benefit from an alt. And how will you know that somebody sold gc for $$ what will be your proof? Paypal of moneybookers or banks wont give you any information of that. What i can say " Power Hungry!"

once the transaction starts to involve real $ there is NO WAY for either aislinn or whoever to control where that money is from. it can be from monthly checks, work or whatever. and i highly doubt you would want to check other peoples bank transactions aislinn, cause that would be just as insane as this rule in my oppinion. but well, everyone has his own oppinion, and i think once RL$ is involved theres no way for a mod/dev to check if it's "illegal/legal" money. you get what i mean i think.

EDIT: btw, for the "you'r searching loopholes" people, i never did and will never do gc/$$ transactions, so im not searching loopholes :medieval:

Edited by Tempest

EDIT: btw, for the "you'r searching loopholes" people, i never did and will never do gc/$$ transactions, so im not searching loopholes :medieval:

If you are referring to me, I was trying to single any person out, just making more of a generalized statement about people trying to get around rule 5.

I also agree that moderation of gc<->$ is an extremely difficult and sticky situation to deal with since I think it is almost impossible to be 100% sure that someone is breaking the rule. I am more just trying to appeal to some people to be "fair" to their fellow gameplayers and not do this.

And that is exactly my suggestion.

If you know already, that someone is cheating, dont sell stuff to them and ban them later.

Just dont sell stuff to them in that case.

But Radu's post sounds different, reference to the "Bans" section in forums, but nothing about that you refuse to sell items to such cheaters, thats why i posted.

Piper

I don't think you really get it, at all.

It's like saying: Why is the municipality accepting real estate tax from the drug dealers that use their house to grow weed.

Why unfair. It was legal when did it. :P

No...and I suppose that's why you went around telling people you knew you were getting away with illegal multi? :medieval:

EDIT: btw, for the "you'r searching loopholes" people, i never did and will never do gc/$$ transactions, so im not searching loopholes :P

If you are referring to me, I was trying to single any person out, just making more of a generalized statement about people trying to get around rule 5.

I also agree that moderation of gc<->$ is an extremely difficult and sticky situation to deal with since I think it is almost impossible to be 100% sure that someone is breaking the rule. I am more just trying to appeal to some people to be "fair" to their fellow gameplayers and not do this.

yeh i didnt mean you at all. i actually illegaly multied 3 times and got banned for it (hi aisy :medieval:) but well, i learned my lessons so i'm not unfair to people anymore at all but i agree, it is an unfair and a BIG advantage. i was just makin clear that there is basicly no way to proof where real money comes from and goes to, so the rule is pretty difficult to deal with like you pointed out. i think this won't really work well except that it ends up with several bans for people who might have done nothing illegal, and bans for people who have actually done something illegal.

No...and I suppose that's why you went around telling people you knew you were getting away with illegal multi? :medieval:

You're wrong Aislinn.

Answer is: Yes.

I very clear asked Radu about it, and he answered with: Yes, legal. (IIRC)

Regretting deleting pm's big time now.

Edited by Manderijn

Irony - (i·ro·ny) noun
Those that abused the situation most are now the same people who are pissed that there is now a rule against it.

Perhaps next time you can wear a large target on your back or a sign that says "I cheat". There still may be some people on the forums that haven't figured out that took advantage of this situation.

What Toger said, I try telling too.

Its not I wanna loophole the problem. It just too insane rule to have.

If you would have kept your mouth shut, you would have gotten away with it, but no, you had to act like the fucking victim here, when in fact you broke the rules in a very direct, and non loop hole like way.

What our friend Mango did was selling GC DIRECTLY to some other player, and that other player would buy stuff from the store for him, thus skipping the entire GC to $$, $$ to shop items. This is not even ambigous at all, this is directly breaking rule number 5 through an intermediary.

Irony - (i·ro·ny) noun
Those that abused the situation most are now the same people who are pissed that there is now a rule against it.

Perhaps next time you can wear a large target on your back or a sign that says "I cheat". There still may be some people on the forums that haven't figured out that took advantage of this situation.

Can you make me a nice cloak maybe? :medieval:

What Toger said, I try telling too.

Its not I wanna loophole the problem. It just too insane rule to have.

If you would have kept your mouth shut, you would have gotten away with it, but no, you had to act like the fucking victim here, when in fact you broke the rules in a very direct, and non loop hole like way.

What our friend Mango did was selling GC DIRECTLY to some other player, and that other player would buy stuff from the store for him, thus skipping the entire GC to $$, $$ to shop items. This is not even ambigous at all, this is directly breaking rule number 5 through an intermediary.

So I did you guys a favor? Youre welcome.

P.S. How long am I banned for?

Edited by Manderijn

You're wrong Aislinn.

Answer is: Yes.

I very clear asked Radu about it, and he answered with: Yes, legal. (IIRC)

Regretting deleting pm's big time now.

I think the question is, what exactly did you ask him? Did you mention in the question that you have a main and 3 alts running and this is what you were planning? That you felt fighters shouldn't have to follow the rule because it's too hard?

This thread has served it's purpose. If you are in the position where you have two alts and want to do GC sales and shop buying, and you do not know if it is legal or not, you can ask me before buying from the shop, explain the situation, and I will tell you if it is OK or not.