Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Clarification about rule 5 and RL $$

So you say fighiting is not hard?!

Where did I say that? I'm saying having alts that do nothing more that gc farm to feed your main (in his case, fighter) is cheating and the fighter itself isn't earning his stats. I know fighters that do earn their own in the game and they do work their ass off.

People who buy characters, or gc farm from and alt, do not.

So, first you sell stuff to players for $$$ and later ban them because you have a proof that they made the money with an alt?

It would be fun to watch how you look in other ppl's pockets IRL.

pr0 :icon4:

Piper

So you say fighiting is not hard?!

Where did I say that? I'm saying having alts that do nothing more that gc farm to feed your main (in his case, fighter) is cheating and the fighter itself isn't earning his stats. I know fighters that do earn their own in the game and they do work their ass off.

Please dude, just stop making a fool out yourself lol.

@The_Piper: Exactly. Its totally out of porposion (spelling :icon4:)

Edited by Manderijn

So, first you sell stuff to players for $$$ and later ban them because you have a proof that they made the money with an alt?

It would be fun to watch how you look in other ppl's pockets IRL.

pr0 :icon4:

Piper

He did say that he was not going to punish those who did so in the past since the rule wasn't clear.

If buying character is not against rules, this shouldnt be either, then.

He did say that he was not going to punish those who did so in the past since the rule wasn't clear.

I read that, but it wont make any sense to do it in the future.

Again, first ppl are allowed to give their money to the shop, later they get banned.

Does that sound fair to you?

Piper

Again, first ppl are allowed to give their money to the shop, later they get banned.

Rules have changed before. Game dynamics have been changed before. He is giving advanced warning and not just a surprise attack. Do I think fair warning on a rule change with clarification and discussion thread is fair? Yes, I do.

Rules have changed before. Game dynamics have been changed before. He is giving advanced warning and not just a surprise attack. Do I think fair warning on a rule change with clarification and discussion thread is fair? Yes, I do.

Drops have changed before, we got no rost before, we could earn our money by fighting before. And all our gc incomes are removed/blocked and now, do i think this is fair? Of course NOT

I think, you still havent got it.

Its not about changing rules coz of game dynamics, its just about the simple fact, that it is somehow idiotic to take money from players and banning them then.

Of course, if youre just greedy, you can do that, but i doubt, that it will help the reputation of the game, the community or radu's bricks for the castle alot.

Piper

Edited by The_Piper

Piper

Tell me what's right about people using rl $$$ to bypass illegal multi. If somebody wants to get stuff from character A onto character B (for any reason, such as selling a character and wanting to keep the stuff, or using the character to farm gold to buy stuff for the other character) and decides to sell the stuff off for rl $$$ then turn around and put it all on the other character, that's wrong.

All that does is make a separate set of rules for the people with rl $$$ to play with. Character A cannot benefit from Character B in ANY way and vice versa. That is the rule. It never said...Character A can benefit from Character B if you spend $$$.

As is specified in the addition to the ruleset, this is NOT about the people who choose to spend rl $$$ on a items, or about people who choose to sell gc for $$$. It's not even about the people who do both as occasional random separate events. It's about the people who are abusing both legal situations to get around a rule.

And if that is "right" for you, this is not the game for you.

Piper

Tell me what's right about people using rl $$$ to bypass illegal multi. If somebody wants to get stuff from character A onto character B (for any reason, such as selling a character and wanting to keep the stuff, or using the character to farm gold to buy stuff for the other character) and decides to sell the stuff off for rl $$$ then turn around and put it all on the other character, that's wrong.

All that does is make a separate set of rules for the people with rl $$$ to play with. Character A cannot benefit from Character B in ANY way and vice versa. That is the rule. It never said...Character A can benefit from Character B if you spend $$$.

As is specified in the addition to the ruleset, this is NOT about the people who choose to spend rl $$$ on a items, or about people who choose to sell gc for $$$. It's not even about the people who do both as occasional random separate events. It's about the people who are abusing both legal situations to get around a rule.

And if that is "right" for you, this is not the game for you.

it is right because EL MUST NOT take RL into account.

edit : typos

Edited by aoshi

You still havent got it.

Dont take ppls money and ban them later.

If you know already, that they are transfering stuff/gc from char A to char B, dont sell them stuff from the shop.

That is the point where to stop cheaters, not by taking their money and ban them later.

Piper

Piper, you know, that's one of the rudest things I've heard coming from you.

We would not take people's money and ban them if we knew they were cheaters. Just FYI, we are not greedy evil rich IRL people. If we know someone's a cheater, nothing would be sold to them!

You still havent got it.

If you know already, that they are transfering stuff/gc from char A to char B, dont sell them stuff from the shop.

That is the point where to stop cheaters, not by taking their money and ban them later.

Piper

Ergh buying things for rl $$$ doesn't make them exempt from the rules. I'm sorry, but that's what's messed up. Is no one expected to have personal responsibility and/or integrity anymore? If somebody is cheating, and they plan on cheating with what they purchase, that is on their head, not ours.

The way I see it...

Selling gc ingame from any char for $ = legal.

Buying $ for any char in el, from cashshop is legal.

This thing in real life, where $ from selling gc comes in, on the paypal account, you use to donate to the game ^^. This one is illegal lol. Cause the big pile of $ I have has some $ gotten by selling gc. Whahah.

:icon4: :icon4: So twisted.

Edited by Manderijn

Yeah so funny. Let's take some words and twist them all around.

You guys want to make multiplay legal in the game. Try out the PK server.

Piper, you know, that's one of the rudest things I've heard coming from you.

We would not take people's money and ban them if we knew they were cheaters. Just FYI, we are not greedy evil rich IRL people.

Sorry if i sounded rude, Roja, that was not my intention.

If we know someone's a cheater, nothing would be sold to them!

And that is exactly my suggestion.

If you know already, that someone is cheating, dont sell stuff to them and ban them later.

Just dont sell stuff to them in that case.

But Radu's post sounds different, reference to the "Bans" section in forums, but nothing about that you refuse to sell items to such cheaters, thats why i posted.

Piper

You still havent got it.

Piper

Ergh buying things for rl $$ doesn't make them exempt from the rules. I'm sorry, but that's what's messed up. Is no one expected to have personal responsibility and/or integrity anymore?

I think hes talking more about the 'no refunds' thing. If I had bought $100 of rosts from the EL shop, and you later found out that I had sold 500,000 GC (about $100 USD), I would be banned, but I would be short of $100, 25 rosts, and a char, all things I worked for...no?

You still havent got it.

Piper

Ergh buying things for rl $$ doesn't make them exempt from the rules. I'm sorry, but that's what's messed up. Is no one expected to have personal responsibility and/or integrity anymore?

I think hes talking more about the 'no refunds' thing. If I had bought $100 of rosts from the EL shop, and you later found out that I had sold 500,000 GC (about $100 USD), I would be banned, but I would be short of $100, 25 rosts, and a char, all things I worked for...no?

I edited my post, sorry...If you cheat and know you are already doing so or will do so, why should you get a refund? You took the risk of spending $$ knowing the rules! Honestly, do you all think we sit and scour every single person's logs every time their name pops up? Have some personal responsibility!!!!

But Radu's post sounds different, reference to the "Bans" section in forums, but nothing about that you refuse to sell items to such cheaters, thats why i posted.

He refered to the bans section to show that we do catch people who multiplay. He then went onto say that FROM NOW ON multiplaying using RL$ between characters is also illegal.

If I sell gc now and then,
Unanswerable, "now and then" is too vague to get an answer.

and buy $shopitems say once a year.
Occasionally.

I totally agree with these rules. If it's not allowed to benefit from another char, why the hell should it be allowed to do it via rl money?

Either abolish the rule nr. 5 at all or enforce it imho.

OMG, why is everyone making this so hard. Just follow the rules. Seems like half of you are trying to be lawyers and find loopholes through every single rule that is put in place. As Roja said, if you want to legally multiplay, try the pk server, I am sure they would love to have more people there. By multiplaying and getting gc/items for a main you gain an advantage over other players who don't and follow the rules.

Edited by LevinMage

Another one. I received my monthly paycheck. I buy 25 rostos for Mango. Day after I sell gold coins for $.

Lmao, funny rule.

@Levin: Dont sweat it, its only a handfull of people lol.

Edited by Manderijn