Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Clarification about rule 5 and RL $$

As we all know, rule 5 means that you can not transfer stuff from your char to your alt (or the other way around).

That applies to all the possible way of doing so, including direct trades, bag trades, trading to some other person, hyperspace bag trades, etc.

We log all those things and many people get caught (if you don't believe me, look at the bans forum).

Until now, there has been some ambiguity related to selling stuff from your alt for RL money, then using the RL money to buy stuff from the shop (or from other players) for your main. Since this ambiguity has not been directly addressed, I am going to 'forgive' the people that did that until now, but not from now on.

So let us have two examples, one where it is OK and one where it isn't OK.

NOT OK

You have an alt that mainly produces items that you sell for $$, then with that money you go and buy stuff for your main.

OK

In your free time, you do some gold farming, then you sell the gold for USD to pay for your bills or to buy cool stuff. Later on, you decide to have a new character, possibly for the DP arena or something. Then you can buy some stuff from the shop with that character, so long as you don't do that routinely.

That's about it, if you have questions, ask them here, me and Aislinn will try our best to clarify issues.

P.S. The rules on the forum rules page have been modified, the client rules will be modified later.

NOT OK

You have an alt that mainly produces items that you sell for $, then with that money you go and buy stuff for your main.

my only question about this 'rule' is...how do you know the same 'money' is being used? when you say 'then with that money you go and buy stuff for your main' i assume you mean rl $ and not gcs.

if this is the case...i feel things have gone a bit too far. trying to moderate how and WHEN players choose to spend their rl $ is way beyond any kind of right you or any mod in this game has.

It isn't about WHEN you spend it, it's about having an alt that especially made to farm gold for your main (or other alt).

It isn't about WHEN you spend it, it's about having an alt that especially made to farm gold for your main (or other alt).

i very much understand that. however....how are you and the other mods going to actually...'decide' on "someone who has an alt that makes gc's for irl $ to transfer to an alt" versus a very fair situation where one has an alt and a main. that person happens to buy gcs on one..maybe once or twice that same person happens to sell gc's from their alt. and no, this isn't me pushing something for myself, i don't do this, people.

it really just feels so wrong.

Tell me what's right about people using rl $$$ to bypass illegal multi. If somebody wants to get stuff from character A onto character B (for any reason, such as selling a character and wanting to keep the stuff, or using the character to farm gold to buy stuff for the other character) and decides to sell the stuff off for rl $$$ then turn around and put it all on the other character, that's wrong.

All that does is make a separate set of rules for the people with rl $$$ to play with. Character A cannot benefit from Character B in ANY way and vice versa. That is the rule. It never said...Character A can benefit from Character B if you spend $$$.

As is specified in the addition to the ruleset, this is NOT about the people who choose to spend rl $$$ on a items, or about people who choose to sell gc for $$$. It's not even about the people who do both as occasional random separate events. It's about the people who are abusing both legal situations to get around a rule.

And if that is "right" for you, this is not the game for you.

Tell me what's right about people using rl $$$ to bypass illegal multi. If somebody wants to get stuff from character A onto character B (for any reason, such as selling a character and wanting to keep the stuff, or using the character to farm gold to buy stuff for the other character) and decides to sell the stuff off for rl $$$ then turn around and put it all on the other character, that's wrong.

All that does is make a separate set of rules for the people with rl $$$ to play with. Character A cannot benefit from Character B in ANY way and vice versa. That is the rule. It never said...Character A can benefit from Character B if you spend $$$.

As is specified in the addition to the ruleset, this is NOT about the people who choose to spend rl $$$ on a items, or about people who choose to sell gc for $$$. It's not even about the people who do both as occasional random separate events. It's about the people who are abusing both legal situations to get around a rule.

And if that is "right" for you, this is not the game for you.

just wanna comment this.

1) if people do it routinely like ent said, it should be illegal IMO too. worth a ban for sure cause they abused it knowing it's illegal.

2) but if people do it 1-2-3 times not knowing it's illegal while they'r quitting/selling their char to quit the game, i think it should be ALLOWED since the person does't really benefit from any of his chars when he plans to quit.

i'm sure those 2 points get alot of players confused

Edited by Tempest

if this is the case...i feel things have gone a bit too far. trying to moderate how and WHEN players choose to spend their rl $ is way beyond any kind of right you or any mod in this game has.

Exactly, i mean, how'd you know if someone is making $$$ with EL? I know alot of people that paying their bills with the $$$ that they earned from EL. So when they get their money, they go buy stuff from shop or buying gc from people. I know the fact that you are trying to make the game more fair, but in this case there is nothing you can do IMO. Because its like selling char, its in our own risk.

And please tell me, how will you decide who is making money in their free time or routinely? Atm, i m playing both my char and bro's char, tho i m not try to get $$$ to buy my char cool stuff but helping out my bro. But... The thing that i dont understand is how would you know what people doing? If you will keep track of tradelogs, they will show you someone gave the other 500kgcs (i.e.) and you will think "oh he sold gc, now he will buy for his main" is this right? But that someone might have given all his gc to the other just for free, you cannot know that...

Don't think i m doing this, i m all against trading gc with $$$ too but you cant control that.

Just my 2liras,

-Kad

Christ, even more harving now :) .

Its not like someone (me) doesnt put effort in making gc on an alt.

For me this kinda sucks big time lol.

1) if people do it routinely like ent said, it should be illegal IMO too. worth a ban for sure cause they abused it knowing it's illegal.

2) but if people do it 1-2-3 times not knowing it's illegal while they'r quitting/selling their char to quit the game, i think it should be ALLOWED since the person does't really benefit from any of his chars when he plans to quit.

i'm sure those 2 points get alot of players confused

1. Now they know, no excuse. Just like all of the other rules now. I've also found the only ones who ever "got confused" are the ones who were trying to find the loopholes. Also I also have found that most have known perfectly well they were getting away with what they perceived as a loophole. (Which actually it wasn't since it was already covered in the "using more than one character to help you gain benefits that using a single character would not" part. However we chose to make it crystal clear now so nobody can claim confusion. :pinch: )

2. No. If he's quitting, he has no use for the stuff anymore right? :) If he's selling, it's grossly benefitting the other character to put the proceeds or storage on the alt first before selling.

Exactly, i mean, how'd you know if someone is making $$$ with EL? I know alot of people that paying their bills with the $$$ that they earned from EL. So when they get their money, they go buy stuff from shop or buying gc from people. I know the fact that you are trying to make the game more fair, but in this case there is nothing you can do IMO. Because its like selling char, its in our own risk.

And please tell me, how will you decide who is making money in their free time or routinely? Atm, i m playing both my char and bro's char, tho i m not try to get $$$ to buy my char cool stuff but helping out my bro. But... The thing that i dont understand is how would you know what people doing? If you will keep track of tradelogs, they will show you someone gave the other 500kgcs (i.e.) and you will think "oh he sold gc, now he will buy for his main" is this right? But that someone might have given all his gc to the other just for free, you cannot know that...

Of course you don't understand, you don't see the logs. Nor did you apparently read the rule addition or what ent and I actually said.

Good, so Saint is unbanned now, right?

That's for Saint to worry about and take up with ent privately, not you here.

Question:

I play normally 3 chars. 1 Main fighter/pker. 1 Dpa pker/mixer. 1 Soon to be manuer.

I enjoy pking-training,dpa-pking,manuing.

If I end up with 500k on one of the chars. Can I still sell it for 100$, and buy rostos for an other char.

P.S. Agree with Aislar, this is going way too far :icon4: :icon4: .

Feels I cant fricking decide what to do with my own $ lol. Only because I didnt get it through a paycheck, but by working Lots on alt.

Why not remove total cashshop too, and give economy a chance.

Edited by Manderijn

Question:

I play normally 3 chars. 1 Main fighter/pker. 1 Dpa pker/mixer. 1 Soon to be manuer.

If I end up with 500k on one of the chars. Can I still sell it for 100$, and buy rostos for an other char.

Of course not. That's the purpose of your alt, is to make gc to stock your main. Come ON. :icon4:

Even if it's not the sole purpose, that's the whole reason rule 5 exists in the first place!!!! (*borrows some of Learner's exclamation points*)

Question:

Of course not. That's the purpose of your alt, is to make gc to stock your main. Come ON. :icon4:

That's the whole reason rule 5 exists in the first place.

Thats messed up. How in hell am I supposed to buy things now, without endlessly boring harving!?

You have no idea how hard is to make gc now, if you are a fighter... Thats why alot of fighters do that now...

If we are FIGHTERS we dont NEED to harv 20 hours to supply our usages right? If i was doing that $$$/gc work, i wouldnt stop it till you provide fighters a good gc income...

Look at mirror before blaming us plz....

-Kad

I just like to add one comment!

If you are following the Eternal-Lands rules and understand them! You have nothing to worry about! With you make-up different ways to get around the RULES. You should get banned for it, and stop making it more confusing for the Eternal-Lands community.

I understood entropy post just fine!

Thanks

Agrilles

SiTu GuildMaster

You have no idea how hard is to make gc now, if you are a fighter... Thats why alot of fighters do that now...

If we are FIGHTERS we dont NEED to harv 20 hours to supply our usages right? If i was doing that $$$/gc work, i wouldnt stop it till you provide fighters a good gc income...

Look at mirror before blaming us plz....

-Kad

It can't be stopped. People decide themselves what THEY do with THEIR $ on THEIR $-bankaccount.

This feels like some dictatorship (spelling).

Of course it feels like a dictatorship. This is a dictatorship and you'll follow the rules set forth by our beloved dictator just like everyone else. I fail to see where the problem lies. If you use one character to benefit another you are breaking the rules and you will be banned. If you don't like it then too bad. We don't care.

Have a nice day :icon4:

Of course it feels like a dictatorship. This is a dictatorship and you'll follow the rules set forth by our beloved dictator just like everyone else. I fail to see where the problem lies. If you use one character to benefit another you are breaking the rules and you will be banned. If you don't like it then too bad. We don't care.

Have a nice day :icon4:

Let fighters get their own life money by fighting then, not harving/mixing... :icon4:

You one of his employees?

P.S. This rule goes outside EL lol. Crazy stufff :icon4: .

P.S.S. In my case it isnt illegal, cause I pay my studybooks with the $ I make from selling gc of alt. And I buy rostos with my money earned by my parttimejob as mailman. Np for me lol -.- :icon4::D.

Edited by Manderijn

As far as I remember, this is not a class based game. There are no fighters or mages or anything else. You do what you need to in order to survive. If that means you like to kill things then you'll also need to harvest in order to support that skill (or alc or any number of other things).

As far as I remember, this is not a class based game. There are no fighters or mages or anything else. You do what you need to in order to survive. If that means you like to kill things then you'll also need to harvest in order to support that skill (or alc or any number of other things).

Yeah lol really... Thanks... :icon4:

P.S (edit) as far as i remember, i m playing this game for 5 WHOLE YEARS, people werent doing that before coz we could earn our life money w/o harving 7/24... Come ON!! :icon4:

Edited by OldySchooly

Nice contribution :icon4: . Now please go hush people posting every 4 minutes in the bot channel.

If the only way you can get ahead in a game is to cheat... if you have no ability to EARN through hard work what you have and how you've built your character, perhaps EL is not the game for you. May I suggest Progress Quest? Or Runescape? I hear they are looking for people like you. Enjoy :icon4:

Nice contribution :icon4: . Now please go hush people posting every 4 minutes in the bot channel.

If the only way you can get ahead in a game is to cheat... if you have no ability to EARN through hard work what you have and how you've built your character, perhaps EL is not the game for you. May I suggest Progress Quest? Or Runescape? I hear they are looking for people like you. Enjoy :)

Ever tried running 4 clients? Kk thanks byebye :). Its not like gc just appears lol!? :icon4:

Like people who can play 10h a day, and people who spend $ on this game get ahead too :). All earned.

Lol @ you saying only way I can get ahead is to cheat though. :icon8: You know fuck all lol.

Edited by Manderijn

If the only way you can get ahead in a game is to cheat... if you have no ability to EARN through hard work what you have and how you've built your character, perhaps EL is not the game for you. May I suggest Progress Quest? Or Runescape? I hear they are looking for people like you. Enjoy :icon4:

So you say fighiting is not hard?!

P.S. Fighting is not a thing that you could just click on a stable thing and go cook your dinner... come on...

Edited by OldySchooly