Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

Greets

I am wondering why Saint and Atlanticiem are locked?

I sold Saint yesterday to a player named Minority, and I have kept Atlanticiem.

I got a message on facebook saying they were both locked, and I wouldn't have the slightest knowledge on why.

I guess the player who bought Saint is upset because he can not use the account.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

No idea?

Seems to me you have plenty of idea since you already asked a mod if what you did would be legal and were told ahead of time it would not.

Not only that, but you told the person who bought Saint (yes I have already talked to him) he could illegally multiplay by using hyperspace bags.

Care to explain?

No idea?

Seems to me you have plenty of idea since you already asked a mod if what you did would be legal and were told ahead of time it would not.

Not only that, but you told the person who bought Saint (yes I have already talked to him) he could illegally multiplay by using hyperspace bags.

Care to explain?

I have always tried to stay away for multi, I never (intentionally) told Minority that he could use hyperspace bags for mutli. I makes absolutely no sense, because it is still multi. And yes, I did ask Annatira what was allowed with an alt, and I have never broken any of the rules in more then a year.

Can I see proof of me telling him its legal? If I did tell him this it was completely unintentional. :)

You were locked for selling off the stuff on Saint and taking off the gc to put on Atlanticiem. You can't do that, whether by using middlemen to hold it or hyperspace bags, or whatever sneaky method you think will go undetected. You asked about it, were told no by a mod, and did it anyway. You cannot by ANY means take the stuff from one character even if you are going to sell it or just bought one and put it on another. According to the new owner, you told him that was legal to do and he managed to get his own accounts including the newly acquired Saint locked as well.

You better talk to him, as he said you told him that.

Really people, when you sell a character, you sell it lock stock and barrel. You do not get to take that stuff and put it on your other characters! In any form! And I really don't want to hear that "everybody else" does it. It's the same as with any rule issue: if we catch it, it will be dealt with.

You were locked for selling off the stuff on Saint and taking off the gc to put on Atlanticiem. You can't do that, whether by using middlemen to hold it or hyperspace bags, or whatever sneaky method you think will go undetected. You asked about it, were told no by a mod, and did it anyway. You cannot by ANY means take the stuff from one character even if you are going to sell it or just bought one and put it on another.

I didn't do this. You can even ask the people I sold the gold coins to, the original gold coins that were on the character were sold on that character. My final GC transaction included 500k from Atlanticiem, and 19770 gold coins from Saint. The gold coins were never swicthed.

I talked to Acelon on Monday (IIRC) about this, and he told me it illegal to give the gc to a char, so I didn't.

I haven't tried yet, but if my IP isn't banned, I will log on (create a new character) and talk to Minority.

A few chat_log's about buying my account:

[13:12:34] [PM to Minority: he would come with somewhat of a storage]

[13:12:54] [PM from Minority: another part i'm not sure about is]

[13:13:09] [PM from Minority: I Got banned for trading an item between characters]

[13:13:31] [PM from Minority: And i'd have to leave all the gc i bought, and stuff i bought with it here ?]

[13:14:00] [PM to Minority: hm]

[13:14:09] [PM to Minority: You would want the gc on this account?]

[13:14:29] [PM from Minority: No, but i don't know a way to get MY stuff onto that account]

[13:14:46] [PM to Minority: Not sure there...]

[13:14:52] [PM from Minority: So it wouldn't be worth it to have this rich noob, and that broke DPA pro lol]

[13:15:34] [PM to Minority: I would talk to radu, IIRC he can do a stats change, you you would no longer have this account but minority would have these stats.]

[13:15:53] [PM to Minority: and you would have minority's items]

[13:16:07] [PM from Minority: That would be great, doesn't sound like something he'd do but if he can i would definately buy]

[13:19:36] [PM from Minority: So if that could happen, it'd be great]

[13:39:51] [PM from Minority: Okay i'm going afk for a while, are you going to ask radu or shall i?]

[13:40:00] [PM to Minority: I can.]

[13:40:11] [PM from Minority: Okay, back in a bit.]

I will look for more chat logs, but this is the only thing I remember about inter-trading items/gc between accounts.

My final GC transaction included 500k from Atlanticiem, and 19770 gold coins from Saint. The gold coins were never swicthed.

Ummm....what?

[13:13:09] [PM from Minority: I Got banned for trading an item between characters]

[13:13:31] [PM from Minority: And i'd have to leave all the gc i bought, and stuff i bought with it here ?]

[13:14:29] [PM from Minority: No, but i don't know a way to get MY stuff onto that account]

[13:14:52] [PM from Minority: So it wouldn't be worth it to have this rich noob, and that broke DPA pro lol]

[13:15:34] [PM to Minority: I would talk to radu, IIRC he can do a stats change, you you would no longer have this account but minority would have these stats.]

[13:16:07] [PM from Minority: That would be great, doesn't sound like something he'd do but if he can i would definately buy]

[13:39:51] [PM from Minority: Okay i'm going afk for a while, are you going to ask radu or shall i?]

I will look for more chat logs, but this is the only thing I remember about inter-trading items/gc between accounts.

Don't know where to start here...

Which part of what he wanted to do sounded legal to you? Putting items from one account to another is NOT legal in any terms.

And stats change????

My final GC transaction included 500k from Atlanticiem, and 19770 gold coins from Saint. The gold coins were never swicthed.

Ummm....what?

Don't know where to start here...

Which part of what he wanted to do sounded legal to you? Putting items from one account to another is NOT legal in any terms.

And stats change????

You said I illegally traded gc between characters. I sold each of the gc on seperate chars, they were never switched.

I know it was illegal to switch items between characters. I said "hm..." because I knew there was no legal way to do it.

I have a good friend in EL who bought a different character and had some sort of stats change in EL, so he kept his storage but received the stats of the account he bought. Thats what he told me, at least. It was quite a while ago, a little less then a year.

Edited by Saint

I sold each of the gc on seperate chars, they were never switched.

I'm not following this part. Sold what gc to who? and for what? And who got it?

I know it was illegal to switch items between characters. I said "hm..." because I knew there was no legal way to do it.

It's also illegal to put the proceeds from selling one character onto another. It's also illegal to fudge any such transactions such as gifting to somebody then taking it back, or getting it back from the person you sold it to, etc etc etc. It is illegal for one character to benefit another you own. In any form, by any means.

I have a good friend in EL who bought a different character and had some sort of stats change in EL, so he kept his storage but received the stats of the account he bought. Thats what he told me, at least. It was quite a while ago, a little less then a year.

I'm not following this part either...I must be misunderstanding you.

I sold each of the gc on seperate chars, they were never switched.

I'm not following this part. Sold what gc to who? and for what? And who got it?

It's also illegal to put the proceeds from selling one character onto another. It's also illegal to fudge any such transactions such as gifting to somebody then taking it back, or getting it back from the person you sold it to, etc etc etc. It is illegal for one character to benefit another you own. In any form, by any means.

I'm not following this part either...I must be misunderstanding you.

We must be misunderstanding each other.

What is the reason I am banned? I was thinking I was banned for transactions of gc (Which is completely legal)

I have no clue what you mean here:

I was talking to Aislar a few minutes ago about multiplay. Multiplaying is defined as 1 player using multiple accounts to benefit him/her. I never traded with any other accounts of mine without permission by a moderator, as for this very thing not to happen.

I need the opportunity to talk to Minority.

So, supposedly Atlanticiem was locked for the reason of me telling minority to do something illegal.

I still haven't seen any "logs" about this, or even proof that I did; because I didn't! :)

Your characters have been unlocked, with a strong warning not to do that again. The unlock has been done based on the fact that this policy was slightly ambigous, so there is some benefit of the doubt.