Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
incubus10254

IP ban

I bet you know why. Let's not play outraged citizen here.

You have been warned SO many times from me and pretty much everybody else on the mod team about the seriousness of the situation with your cousin. You continued to enable him and help him and you were told what the result would end up being when he pushed one time too many.

Misunderstanding? Shall I resend you all the chatlogs I alone have with you, let alone your former guild leader and the other mods?

You let him use your character, you let him play at your house almost daily, he has a free ride at your house because of you. He is now locked and banned, and seeing as how you refuse to deal with it at your end on YOUR ip, we are doing what we need to do.

End of that situation. If you refuse to rectify it, we will.

Misunderstanding? Shall I resend you all the chatlogs I alone have with you, let alone your former guild leader and the other mods?

You let him use your character, you let him play at your house almost daily, he has a free ride at your house because of you. He is now locked and banned, and seeing as how you refuse to deal with it at your end on YOUR ip, we are doing what we need to do.

End of that situation. If you refuse to rectify it, we will.

But I don't understand. I didn't let him use my character. What character did he use of mine? He's not here daily, he came over for about a day, and we didn't do anything that was illegal. I told him before he came over to behaive, and he was. I told him I could be banned for him doing stupid stuff and if he wanted to do it, to do it on his own IP. I'm not going to not hang out with him or play EL with him, so when he comes over, I tell him to behaive.. I don't think he did anything wrong while he was here, like using my character. I really don't think this is fair. We made extra sure to be good.. EDIT: his IP wasnt re-locked until today, so I didn't let him come over here to avoid his IP ban. I wouldn't do that because it's bad for me..

Edited by incubus10254

You log on from a variety of IP ranges. I have looked at logs back until april, of all the Ip ranges you log on from on light_grenade, same isp, and he has been on all of them many many times. Are you telling me it's you logging onto them and doing the illegal multi and scamming?

I have a forum pm from you dated May 9 where you are apologizing to me and you say you know you will get banned because of him jeopardizing you and you tried to change him. This is NOT new news to you, don't pretend it is. (When you were being somewhat aggressive in his thread a bit back?) Shall I post it here?

I've never scammed anyone or anything like that. And yes, he's been playing here a lot. He lost his computer because of his grades a few months back, so he hasn't been playing all that much. but when he came over in the past few days after getting his computer back, he may have gotten into trouble or whatnot, but not at my house, and if he was, I wont be very happy with him because I told him the rules of playing here, and the rules of EL. I have spent a ton of time and money in this game. I still want him to be able to play with me at the same house, but I am watching myself so something like this doesn't happen. I don't really know what exactly did happen that triggered this other than he was here playing. I've tried very hard to talk him out of trouble, especially at my house. I really don't want to lose everything I've spent so much time and USD on. I have 2 bots that I run, and spent quite a bit on them. I don't want to be locked as much as the next guy. Is there any stipulations on being unlocked or is this a perma-ban kinda thing.. I'm still a little shaken up and confused about what actually happened, but I guess i'm not going to argue it, it makes things worse. I guess what I say to him doesn't matter so he's lost all priveliges of playing here period.. if I can even ever play again..

You log on from a variety of IP ranges. I have looked at logs back until april, of all the Ip ranges you log on from on light_grenade, same isp, and he has been on all of them many many times. Are you telling me it's you logging onto them and doing the illegal multi and scamming?

I have a forum pm from you dated May 9 where you are apologizing to me and you say you know you will get banned because of him jeopardizing you and you tried to change him. This is NOT new news to you, don't pretend it is. (When you were being somewhat aggressive in his thread a bit back?) Shall I post it here?

I know this is not news to me. I understand everything about that. What I don't know is what triggered this ban. i'm not trying to be aggressive now, I am just really shaken up and confused. Did him just logging on to my IP trigger it or was there more?

The IP ban at your house is because you refuse to deal with him at your end.

Of course he made trouble at your house.

No good to just ban his IP just to have him run to your house and do more of the same crap.

So we have to protect ourselves at this end since it's not happening at your end.

Again, you were warned about this by just about every mod, your guild leader, and myself VERY strongly. Precisely this, that you would end up banned too.

The IP ban at your house is because you refuse to deal with him at your end.

Of course he made trouble at your house.

No good to just ban his IP just to have him run to your house and do more of the same crap.

So we have to protect ourselves at this end since it's not happening at your end.

Again, you were warned about this by just about every mod, your guild leader, and myself VERY strongly. Precisely this, that you would end up banned too.

But what I don't get is how he caused trouble at my end since he's come back into the game and at my house the past few days. I do deal with him at my end. he can play the game how it's suppost to be played. if not, he answers to me. i dont let'm come over and have free reign to everything. there's restrictions. I try to let him have one more chance. he's family. If he screws up, no more. is there an insident that happened at my house the other day?

Well family lost you your IP.

Between the endless scamming and illegal multi, he's done for. You may give him unlimited chances but we are not obligated to. Obviously YOUR rules are worth about as much to him as ours are.

Well family lost you your IP.

Between the endless scamming and illegal multi, he's done for. You may give him unlimited chances but we are not obligated to. Obviously YOUR rules are worth about as much to him as ours are.

So because he logged onto my house (after scamming and illegal multi and all that jazz in the past) you banned my IP along with his so he can't log on anymore?

Let me try this again.

It's not "the past", it's still happening.

Which part do you NOT get? If you won't tell him no, we will.

He is not welcome in EL anymore.

You may qualify to have your main character whitelisted, but really, it's striking me you REALLY don't get it, nor want to.

Let me try this again.

It's not "the past", it's still happening.

Which part do you NOT get? If you won't tell him no, we will.

He is not welcome in EL anymore.

You may qualify to have your main character whitelisted, but really, it's striking me you REALLY don't get it, nor want to.

No, I get it, and I would love to be whitelisted. I want to continue to play. I just don't know what he did in the present to get him banned, that's all I'm after. That's fine if he's not welcome in EL or what not. I understand that 100%. I just wanted to know what he or I had done NOW. I get everything your saying. I'm just looking for a specific reason of why. I don't need it I guess, what happened has happened.

I don't know if it's possible for me to ever play again.. get my IP unlocked and only have my 1 character (and my bots) log onto it, ever, be whitelisted so I can still play, I don't know. I want to still play. My character, Light_Grenade hasn't done anything wrong. Me as a person has, letting my cousin log on. If I woulda known we would be instantly banned for something I'm not sure why on (i know he scams/illegal multi, I mean what he specifically did this time) I wouldn't have let him come. I know i've been warned, and I was being cautious. I let him play, but with restrictions.. that didn't work, and I was banned. I've learned nothing works, and I will not play (if i'm allowed to play again) on the same IP as anyone. I can go find something else to do while with them.

I'm sorry, and thanks for your time. Hopefully we can work some arrangement out.

EDIT: Typo's

Edited by incubus10254

Instantly? This has been going on for months, and you have been warned for months. You had so many chances to fix it at your end, and you refused.

IF you get light_grenade whitelisted, there WILL be conditions. If those conditions are broken, the whitelisting will be instantly removed.

I will consider this.