Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
2pac

Pk Store

Before you guys read this, i already searched stuff about Pki Points.. and read Saint's topic, but mine is saying something different as well.

I had an idea.. so i could'nt resist sharing it with El.

Day, after day.. weak after weak.. you always enter KF.. NC and kill couple dozen people and only get Pk Points, and waste potions, srs.. rings.. summoning stones.. etc.. cuz everyone has a rosto, instead of always losing money and having fun, why not make it 2 in 1! Have fun pkin, and gain something in return!

What are all those pk points going to be used for other then making you look good? act tough.. and ranking you in the top 20.. instead why not make a pk shop.. that has like potions...new weaps?.. etc... something to spend your pk points on, just like you spend your gc.

The problem would be people will keep killing eachother for points.

Also, why can't pk points be used for people with low a/d? such as 40/40.. 50/50.. personally i would want to have some fun and pk.. not wait until im 120's.. then start pkin.. i'd wanna enjoy El as i get better ;D

Btw, i kno you guys are thinking there is TD.. but once again all people will like 60/60 or 50/50 that wanna pk and get something in return, without dying to people that have 120+ a/d.. and how many people do you see pk'ing in TD? that's if you can anyways.. i would not want to risk 1 mil worth of items.. with a jsoc, since it's the only way to kill someone there that's not very weak.. and die to somebody and loose my whole sto..

Hope you like the idea :P

Before you guys read this, i already searched stuff about Pki Points.. and read Saint's topic, but mine is saying something different as well.

Day, after day.. weak after weak.. you always enter KF.. NC and kill couple dozen people and only get Pk Points, and waste potions, srs.. rings.. summoning stones.. etc.. cuz everyone has a rosto, instead of always losing money and having fun, why not make it 2 in 1! Have fun pkin, and gain something in return!

What are all those pk points going to be used for other then making you look good? act tough.. and ranking you in the top 20.. instead why not make a pk shop.. that has like potions...new weaps?.. etc... something to spend your pk points on, just like you spend your gc.

Also, why can't pk points be used for people with low a/d? such as 40/40.. 50/50.. personally i would want to have some fun and pk.. not wait until im 120's.. then start pkin.. i'd wanna enjoy El as i get better ;D

Btw, i kno you guys are thinking there is TD.. but once again all people will like 60/60 or 50/50 that wanna pk and get something in return, without dying to people that have 120+ a/d.. and how many people do you see pk'ing in TD? that's if you can anyways.. i would not want to risk 1 mil worth of items.. with a jsoc, since it's the only way to kill someone there that's not very weak.. and die to somebody and loose my whole sto..

Hope you like the idea :P

pk does not have to be expensive to be productive. a FULL storage of pateince is required. There are ways to do it, with out having 120a/d. My suggestion would be to start pking with very little equipment and pratice your skills. TD is a map we all know what we face when we go in. pk points so far imo be more then bragging rights. And JSOC is by far NOT the only way to kill someone. Many statagies can be used in TD and all maps. I will never say you will always be succesfull. But keep trying, hone your skills. Sometimes simple is beautifull

And JSOC is by far NOT the only way to kill someone. Many statagies can be used in TD and all maps.

Yes it is, noone can kill someone w/ col + tit set in TD w/o jsoc thats all. I know you are a pr0 PKer(!!) but you have to learn some too :P

-Kad

EDIT# possible if its 8vs1 + lag tho :P (happened alot in NDD's)

Edited by OldySchooly

I'm fortunate to be n00b enough to not remember bigger emu times :P but this is absolutely of topic, so ...

the idea of a store when you exchange pki's for items is easy to abuse, so probably a big no no ;-)

Search.

See: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=412911

Hope you like the idea ;)

See: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=446344

And JSOC is by far NOT the only way to kill someone. Many statagies can be used in TD and all maps.

Yes it is, noone can kill someone w/ col + tit set in TD w/o jsoc thats all. I know you are a pr0 PKer(!!) but you have to learn some too :whistle:

-Kad

It makes me so happy that you belive this. ;)

Yes it is, noone can kill someone w/ col + tit set in TD w/o jsoc thats all. I know you are a pr0 PKer(!!) but you have to learn some too :whistle:

-Kad

Wizzy, if you got 100's harm, just say it, no need to be all mystirical about it lol. :P

Yes it is, noone can kill someone w/ col + tit set in TD w/o jsoc thats all. I know you are a pr0 PKer(!!) but you have to learn some too :P

-Kad

Wizzy, if you got 100's harm, just say it, no need to be all mystirical about it lol. :P

Not being mystical about it, that is one method only, as the guy first started this post, he said

"Btw, i kno you guys are thinking there is TD.. but once again all people will like 60/60 or 50/50 that wanna pk and get something in return, without dying to people that have 120+ a/d.. and how many people do you see pk'ing in TD? that's if you can anyways.. i would not want to risk 1 mil worth of items.. with a jsoc, since it's the only way to kill someone there that's not very weak.. and die to somebody and loose my whole sto.."

I was just trying to give him a little advice as to say, this is not the only method to pk. Toomas is one of the more clever pkers I have seen in game. He was even pking on peace day!!! :whistle: That is another method right? Fairly low cost and could have great potential for some one that spent some time praticing with engineering pk methods. Not to mention ranging. Patience and timing are important.

Mostly I was just trying to help someone know that you dont always need 1 million worth of stuff in inv to go out and pk.

I agree with being able to spend your pki on some type of shop or some other source. It helps give a feeling of accomplishment in pk more so then gaining points that you can just look at and see on the top 50 pki (big woop :whistle: )

Also, after someones spent their pki in that specific shop, their pki is reset to 0, so they have to go out and pk again to get more points. More pk. :P

But, I do agree there is the problem with killing each other quickly to get points. ;)

Pk shop is a good idea but using the pki system has been suggested before, but imo isnt the best way forward because

A) To open to abuse and B ) doesnt include the lower level pkers.

If an idea like this is going to work then a new system needs to be used

ie:

If a player dies on a PK map while carrying a rost he drops a token (similiar to invasions), these tokens can then be redeemed at a NPC

eg: 1 token for a mirror cape

3 tokens for a cutlass

7 tokens for a bronze Shield

10 tokens for a dragon helm

and because the amount of tokens (cost) needed for an item is a lot higher than said items actual ingame cost then is should stop abuse ( unless you st00pid and want mirror cape for 16k)

Pk shop is a good idea but using the pki system has been suggested before, but imo isnt the best way forward because

ie:

If a player dies on a PK map while carrying a rost he drops a token (similiar to invasions), these tokens can then be redeemed at a NPC

3 tokens for a cutlass

and because the amount of tokens (cost) needed for an item is a lot higher than said items actual ingame cost then is should stop abuse ( unless you st00pid and want mirror cape for 16k)

I like this idea..even with fluctuating market values this would still hold its ground. Nice.

ie:

3 tokens for a cutlass

OMG Con you are a pr0 :D Yeah that would really stop abusing at but i think it was already suggested (item or coin or token w/e dropping after w/ rosto deaths) and nothing happened yet.

In addition to this, Con's list a bit useless coz think about it;

Mirror Cape = ~8kgcs = 1 tokens

Cutlass = ~21kgcs = 3 tokens

Dragon Helm = ~50kgcs = 10 tokens?!?

Why would people save their tokens then if they could get better items by using each of them to mirror? :whistle:

my2liras,

-Kad

In addition to this, Con's list a bit useless coz think about it;

Mirror Cape = ~8kgcs = 1 tokens

Cutlass = ~21kgcs = 3 tokens

Dragon Helm = ~50kgcs = 10 tokens?!?

Why would people save their tokens then if they could get better items by using each of them to mirror? :D

my2liras,

-Kad

Its just an example list Kaddy ( the mirror cape could easily have been a cotu or fr cape, its just what i typed first :whistle: ), a proper list would need to worked out so not as to have an adverse affect on manuers/crafters etc.

And the system wouldnt be a way to get free uber items, but just an added bonus.