Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alvieboy

Heading for quieter waters

After a very long chat and much pondering, Vegar and I have decided to halt the work we've been doing on the in-game map editor. Effective immediately.

In the light of recent events (see below), we have decided to fully freeze our development and contributions - it is by no means a decision that makes us happy, but it is something we feel we have to do.

It is not, by any stretch of the imagination, only related to the specific events mentioned. These issues arise far too often, and it would be against our principles as decent and honest people to continue to contribute to a project that refuses to respect its player base as people.

This makes us, not only as contributors, but also as players, very disappointed. This time, one of our guild members and friends were involved. Next time it will target another player, with the same doubts, same questions, same membership rank, and who will surely be astonished for being kicked out for no other reason than expressing his thoughts and, maybe, valid contributions to the discussion.

Maybe in the future, if we are convinced that our effort to EL is worth it, and if accepted back, we will pick up where we left or otherwise contribute to other areas of the EL client. Right now, we sadly have to move on and sail to quieter waters, where we feel in peace with ourselves.

AlvieBoy and Vegar.

The now deleted thread in the abuse forum that started like this:

The post refers to the following message:
I don't think a defense penalty quite that severe is warranted. You would need to be summoning 200 to get a summon with it's normal defense. Maybe 2 or 4% per level would work better, with a cap at either 100% or maybe even 120%. That would give a level 50 summoner full strength defense and a 50% attack bonus.

When I read something like this, it totally demotivates me to give people ANYTHING more than they have now, because we have some little pigs like you who always want MUCH more than you give them.

I'm a noob and I have no idea what is the history between Entropy and Quesar. Although I'm the same guild with Quesar I really don't know him very well and I haven't talked to anybody before writing this post. I have no clue what exactly is the crux of the problem since my summon lvl is 0 ( I intend to start summoning next week)

But as Burke said : "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

So I refuse to stay silent ...

IMHO calling a player pig for expressing a personal opinion (regardless how correct was that opinion) I believe it is in breach of Rule 4: "You must respect the rights of others and their rights to enjoy this game and the forums."

You can also read this conversation here for further details.

Zoxe42 was "temporarily" banned from forums for 2 years and his character Zoxe42 banned from the game.

Others have been banned "temporarily" from forums, some of them were reaccepted later on.

It is, of course, your right to quit, although I wish you have contacted me in private about the matter.

And thanks for the work you've done so far.