Eternal Lands Official Forums
korrode

The Kusamura Arena Showdown 3

The topic of the Dragon Blade has come up many times before...

The fact it has a chance to do a magical effect does go against:

This is a test of strategy and strength, not riches and items with random chance magical effects.

But there's a few reasons why it's still allowed:

1. It's not too expensive, most anyone can obtain one.

2. The chance of it's magical effect happening is much less than other items (SoM, MoL, etc.)

3. The offensive bonuses of the weapon are not extremely helpful to obtain what's required for the effect to happen.

4. Take away the MB, and it's a pretty crappy weapon. Equipping it is a risk, unless you get very lucky with the MB'ing, a smart opponent will take advantage of certain weaknesses and it could well cost you the fight.

I've witnessed people use the Dragon Blade in Showdown events before and it's never proven to be overly effective, i've also had people around my own levels try and use it against me in PK and it's never caused me a problem.

I always watch closely when the DB is in use at these events, and will continue to, if i see it repeatedly being the deciding factor in fights i'll re-consider allowing it.

EDIT:

I actually have some suggestions for changes to the DB's stats to make it more worth the 50kgc+, but will be waiting until after the event before posting them, as i'll prolly explain how to defend against a similar strength opponent who's using one and don't want to assist competitors with strategy.

Edited by Korrode

Well rather than getting the afternoon nap i planned for, i've been at the scene of an accident, my brother smashed his car :( (happy birthday eh :))

Luckily no one was seriously injured... but both cars are write-offs. :pinch:

Anyways, i thought i was away working next weekend, but now it turns out i'm not... so i am re-scheduling the tournament for next weekend.

Further apologies for the inconvenience... RL's a bitch sometimes.

Sorry to hear that.

I wont be able to make it next weekend, I have to work.

I will donate 50 EMP and 8 pirate scarves to the prize pot.

Good luck with the event.

Maxine

A little over 5 hours till we're on ppls! ^^

--------------------

Prizes will be distributed as follows:

Winner:

20kgc

1 ELE

1 EFE

30 Tiger stones

20 EMPs

1 Pirate Scarf

10 Harvest/Degrade indicators

2 Fur capes

1 Leather Torso

1 Aug Pants

1 Leather Boots

1 Iron Helm

1 Steel Shield

Runner up (2nd):

10kgc

1 EFE

20 Tiger stones

12 EMPs

1 Pirate Scarf

10 Harvest/Degrade indicators

1 Fur cape

1 Leather Torso

1 Aug Pants

1 Leather Boots

1 Iron Helm

1 Steel Shield

3rd and 4th each receive:

25 Bear stones

3 EMPs

1 Pirate Scarf

5 Harvest/Degrade indicators

1 Fur cape

1 Aug Torso

1 Aug Pants

1 Leather Boots

1 Iron Helm

1 Steel Shield

5th and 6th each receive:

15 Bear stones

3 EMPs

1 Pirate Scarf

1 Fur cape

1 Aug Torso

1 Aug Pants

1 Leather Boots

1 Iron Helm

1 Steel Shield

7th and 8th each receive:

10 Bear stones

3 EMPs

1 Pirate Scarf

1 Fur cape

1 Steel Chain

1 Aug Pants

1 Leather Boots

1 Iron Helm

1 Steel Shield

Good Luck to everyone :D Will come watch if I can.

I'll laso donate a BP Cape to the winner. :D (I'll talk to you in-game Korrode.)

Cool, thanks LiquiD :)

Also, to competitors and spectators, if you are being given instructions of any kind by someone with an L.A. guild tag, please following those instructions, as it's most likely that i've asked them to help with the event :) (EDIT: I'll actually post the names of people helping me once i confirm exactly who it'll be)

Oh and of course follow instructions of anyone with a green name... not doing that will at your own peril anyways :D

EDIT2:

@Spectators

Kusamura Arena's spectator seating is not ideal. To ensure all spectators can see the fight, i get the competitors to at least commence the fight while standing by the back wall of the arena, and spectators are to be seated over that back wall.

CLICK HERE to see an image thats shows what i mean.

Thanks Oz for being my example spectator :D (i didnt ask him, just found him there lol :D)

--------------------

EDIT3:

ThunderCloud will be performing the attack tests and monitoring the fights for any kind of cheating.

DrtySouth will be ensuring people are spectating from the back of the arena, ensuring they do not interfere with the operation of the competition.

Edited by Korrode

Due to lack of competitors being online/setup to fight at the time the event was meant to take place, it has been postponed to this time:

Saturday, June 21, 2008 at 20:00:00 UTC time <--- CLICK THERE

Pretty disappointing.

5kgc entry fee for all future comps.

If more people would like to sign up as backups, please do, some of the signed up competitors cannot make it at the new time.

Rule addition:

"The catering for newbs who can't from reading the thread realise that if you have <20 a/d this comp isn't for you rule"

Your a+d must be at least 135 to compete.

Apologies to the couple of people i've been abusive to in PM for my overestimating the intelligence of the average human, my bad.

Edited by Korrode

Round 1 Line up:

fight 1: SouL vs Epitaph

fight 2: Druss vs ppaulosantos

fight 3: Celace vs Spidi

fight 4: Rauch vs The_Maxamus

Might be an idea to charge a deposit instead of a fee. If they don't turn up you keep the gold, if they do turn up they get it back.

Yep, i was actually discussing it with my housemate earlier and he suggested that also Peeves, it'd be a deposit.

Anyways, the event happened...

Was probably the most chaotic one so far :S

Spidi won outright with Celace 2nd... i'll post full results, thanks and a few thoughts tomorrow.